What kind of item would you like to be added to the game?

25 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

Wes balance (No, not like what you're thinking. Wes in a team set up is a drain, regardless. He needs a benefit to a team, but not to himself. I suggested "Balloon Bandages" a long time ago, which can be used by anyone besides Wes. As of right now he just consumes more food and doesn't offer any perks to a team besides decorative useless balloons.)

Those seem kind of op to me, I think him being able to make water balloons without having to use mosquito sacks would be much more balance and would be make much more sense seeing as to how he has the balloons already.

I do believe @The Letter W suggested this before.

Wheat to make flour so you can make more food based items.

Gates for bases

I agree on the suggestion for more decorations as well as late game items based on science and magic. 

What would be really cool is an option to make a cave world where instead of having an overworld, you just spawn underground. It'd make for a nice challenge. Here we could have purple underground based beefalo. 

Apple trees and apples, cause why not?

Endothermic torches for summer

Maybe pens for rabbits? 

Specific weapons to fight Giants. They'd work like the Cutlass, that does more damage when used against Sealnado. Would be nice if we had craftable weapons and/or armor that would do more damage when used against specific Giants (or reduce even more the damage taken, in case of the armor).

Each weapon would need one unique item to craft (and you can only find/drop one!), so it can't be abused and won't make giants too easy for multiple players. That unique item would drop when the weapon's durability ends.

Specific weapons to fight Giants. They'd work like the Cutlass, that does more damage when used against Sealnado. Would be nice if we had craftable weapons and/or armor that would do more damage when used against specific Giants (or reduce even more the damage taken, in case of the armor).

Each weapon would need one unique item to craft (and you can only find/drop one!), so it can't be abused and won't make giants too easy for multiple players. That unique item would drop when the weapon's durability ends.

3 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Those seem kind of op to me, I think him being able to make water balloons without having to use mosquito sacks would be much more balance and would be make much more sense seeing as to how he has the balloons already.

I do believe @The Letter W suggested this before.

yeah i did in the thirtieth thread that day slamming wes B]

4 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

FER GODS SAKE, LESS STUFF THAT IS 900% NECESSARY FOR OTHER PLAYERS, LIKE THE EWECUS. Sorry for that small outburst, it's just, since most of the time I play alone(Not percisely by choice), having 40 ewecuses just wandering around the world isn't the greatest thing.

git gud

But seriously, you can beat that thing with 2 armors + 1 pigman, or even 1 armor if you have more creatures helping you. Or you have a better weapon than a spear. Or you are playing Wolfgang.

4 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

autumn breezes (Like in shipwrecked, but maybe not as extreme?)

We'll need a super-glue for items so that they can be placed on the ground...

Ewecus's Phlegm would finally have a use, at least!

4 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Balloon Beefalo. So you can ride it. And it does those annoying balloon-rubbing sounds while being ridden. And has 1 hp.

• Gobbler/Tallbird Coop. Let the poultry revolution begin.
  • If there's wheat and flour how about windmills..
  • Stinger Bat. When you have alot of stingers.
  • Petrifying Eye.  If we have rocky trees now, how about a Basilisk mob??
  • More trees. Those that bear fruit, that can be dangerous and stupendously large like a sequoia tree.
  • Steel. Metallurgy.
  • A mechanism that makes thulecite by inquiring alot of gold and nightmare fuel.

@PanAzej Oh, okay. Thanks for the ewecus tip. I commonly forget pigmen exist seeing as I'm not allowed to put any near my base because webbers are allergic to them...

I also thought of a view more suggestions...

Back to 2 night full moons

Mushtrees return on full moons (something would have to be done about their spore things though...)

ponds become the ruin ponds with eels on full moons

trees randomly become treeguards on full moons (Too much? Eh, I think it adds some fun. It'd make glommer much harder to get :P)

More weapons. A ham bat is fun and all, but it gets boring and stale after a while. Perhaps a potato cup covered spear?

Mandrake joints for sanity

Some way to repopulate mandrakes, maybe mandrake seeds that can be achieved in some way? For example, maybe mandrakes picked up during fullmoon will not only follow you, but drop seeds!

Nothing. Just nothing. Rebalance what we already have. Not by adding new items, but by actually fixing the current implementation.

Example? Salt lick. It fixed this issue: after going thu pita u tame ur beef, and if u leave for dinner and come back very soon, it gets FULLY untamed! Now, if u "park" them at salt lick, they won't get untamed that quick. Adding new item to fix a ill-implemented mechanic seems overrated. I admit fixing it anyhow (adding new items like Slat lick) is way better than denying the problem and not fixing though. (Night lights, lazy forager...)

I'll echo the obviouses that others have already said.

DOORS.

LONG-RANGE WEAPONS THAT WORK MORE THAN ONCE.

ROOFS. They don't have to be _good_ roofs...

Tallbirds that DON'T ATTACK YOU AFTER YOU SPENT ALL THAT TIME RAISING THEM!  (Yes, I know there's a mod for this.  For singleplayer.  I cannot find it for the life of me.  It's not "The Tallbird Mod", it's called, like, "Domesticate Tallbirds" or something like that.  The Tallbird Mod is more complicated than I want; I just want the damn things to stay loyal to their "mommies", not tweak how long the eggs take to hatch, make my own nests, etc.)

...also it's stupid that it works that way in the normal game and even NEEDS a mod.  It's hard enough to keep those little buggers alive all that time; we don't even get _anything_ for it at the end?!

After that, stuff like Aeschwutz's clock idea for caves sounds awesome.  And decorating!  I'd love to have more cosmetic stuff for bases in late-game.  I often go around pitchforking up the stuff around Maxwell statues and such to get free fancy carpet and marble flooring, but I'd love if there were seasonal things.  I made a pumpkin lantern once recently-ish, posed me, Glommer and SnowChester around it and between some autumn birch trees...and then was sad that I couldn't do anything that looked like a "costume" to finish the screenshot's look.  (In singleplayer, is where I did this.  In Together, that'd be much easier.)  The lamppost idea sounds cool, and vaguely steampunky.

All of these I want for _both_ versions, by the way. Why should only multiplayers get the cool stuff?

...Notorious

On 22/06/2016 at 10:42 PM, Scoobie101 said:

Roofs would ruin seasons, slap a grass roof on your walls and BAM all spring and summer gear is pointless.

Wouldn't a grass roof be burned in summer? And on spring they'd only protect the base, you'd still need to make something to be able to leave.

9 hours ago, Lukmendes said:

Wouldn't a grass roof be burned in summer? And on spring they'd only protect the base, you'd still need to make something to be able to leave.

You can easily spend a season just in your base with the right prep, unless your going out for special season specific items (tam, feathers, ect) plus different tiers (as suggested) means you could also get a stone roof which would be nonflammable.

22 minutes ago, Scoobie101 said:

You can easily spend a season just in your base with the right prep, unless your going out for special season specific items (tam, feathers, ect) plus different tiers (as suggested) means you could also get a stone roof which would be nonflammable.

Yeah, different tiers would pretty much nulify summer on the base, specialy if you could make the roofs on the farm, which means you wouldn't really need Ice Flingomantic, because the plants wouldn't burn.

13 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Nightmare Throne 

Sittable 

if you would attack it it would trap you till 1 day would pass

While I do think the Nightmare Throne should be added, it seems too important plot-wise to just be able to craft, let alone being able to craft more than one. 

I think it should just be a skin for the sleeping items, with you sitting on it substituting the sleeping animation. Perhaps as some kind of loyalty item?

50 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

While I do think the Nightmare Throne should be added, it seems too important plot-wise to just be able to craft, let alone being able to craft more than one. 

I think it should just be a skin for the sleeping items, with you sitting on it substituting the sleeping animation. Perhaps as some kind of loyalty item?

Not the actual throne though. Something themed after it.

Archived