Instant-Noodles

DST Skins Checklist (Updated: 09/26/2019)

t1morino88eex    255
46 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

They show up in your inventory? No changes to mine :(.

They don't show up in my inventory, just in the tool/checklist.

4 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Event items mean they'll be given to everyone to use until Christmas is over.

After reading Noodle's post here, more exactly the edit at the bottom, he says that " event-limited drops will be part of the Winter Collection ". So they might be considered as drops but only during the event, still being available to use to whoever has them in their inventory after the event.

• Like 1

GiddyGuy    7,582
1 hour ago, t1morino88eex said:

After reading Noodle's post here, more exactly the edit at the bottom, he says that " event-limited drops will be part of the Winter Collection ". So they might be considered as drops but only during the event, still being available to use to whoever has them in their inventory after the event.

So then were the skins for the Halloween part of the costume collection?

Edited by GiddyGuy

Instant-Noodles    2,239
8 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

Hey Noodles. I synced my inventory and the Christmas event items appear as "owned" already. Aren't they items that are going to drop during the Christmas event but still available afterwards? (similar the 2 costume and 2 disguises from hallowen)

UoVEx23.png

7 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Event items mean they'll be given to everyone to use until Christmas is over.

Yup, it's exactly as @GiddyGuy says.  Event skins will be given to everyone to use during the Winter's Feast event.  Once the event is over, they'll disappear (similar to the Hallowed Nights character-specific costumes).  

As for why it appears already in the checklist, event skins don't actually show up in your Steam inventory (so they don't really sync). To get around this, I made the checklist automatically check them during a specific time-frame.  A green prompt box appears at the top of the checklist when this happens.  

event.png

As the start and end dates for the Winter's Feast event haven't been officially announced, I arbitrarily set the start/end dates to 12/08 to 12/27.  Once official dates are announced, I will update the checklist again.  I actually made a small edit to my post regarding this when I uploaded Version 1.51 yesterday, but I guess I should've made a new post instead to better explain this.  Sorry for the confusion.

3 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

In a similar fashion to Costume Collection skins (ex. Cheeky Chester Cap) during the Hallowed Nights event, skins part of the Winter Collection (but not of Event rarity) will only drop during the Winter's Feast event.  Those can be used even after the event.

• Like 2

Zeklo    16,441

Aw man, I'm so going to miss the Yuletide Frock and Overcoat. ;'(

And all the others too, but my first time seeing these ones.

Tuxe    57

Talking about skins.. I'm the only one who belived that would be a candy cane skin for the walking cane? 

• Like 2

Instant-Noodles    2,239
1 hour ago, KoreanWaffles said:

There's an error with Wendy's Challenger head.

Gladiator     Challenger
dEZxpaf.png    2thxKeI.png

image.png.5ccbc7f89cf7d869350dc35a0a70a98a.png  image.png.ce8b810935fa567b9980ffd1d69ad104.png

Thanks for catching that.  I've fixed her Challenger image in Version 1.82.

• Like 1

Instant-Noodles    2,239

The Gorge Event began earlier today and it introduced 125 new skins to the game.  The checklist has therefore been updated.  

For character previews of the Culinarian and the Victorian skin sets, please see my other post HERE.

As usual, the website can be accessed HERE and the HTML file can be downloaded HERE.  Moreover, here are a few screenshots of Version 1.8.14 (~5.84MB):

Spoiler

preview37.thumb.png.8279bd756206ba166f77008258baf0a1.png preview38.thumb.png.1f857a7d7ea61788864bb070bf088bad.png preview39.thumb.png.6657ead22bcfc9e0f6fe94e9fa8c689f.png

Lastly, a special thank you to @PeterA and @ImDaMisterL for their assistance with some skin images.

EDIT (06/18/2018)Today's update added 21 new Gorge related skins (20 Common, 1 Loyal) to the game.  The checklist has therefore been updated to Version 1.8.15.

EDIT #2 (07/07/2018): The Gorge event was extended by a week in yesterday's announcement.  Version 1.8.16 has been uploaded to reflect this change.

EDIT #3 (07/18/2018): The Gorge Tournament rewards were added to the game in today's patch.  Version 1.8.17 now includes these 7 new loyal skins.

EDIT #4 (09/29/2018): The patch from 2 days ago introduced 13 loyal skins that are obtained from the new Twitch drop system.  As such, the checklist has been updated to Version 1.8.18.

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 4

Instant-Noodles    2,239

The Hallowed Nights event returned yet again in yesterday's patch and this time it will last until November 22nd.  During this period, the checklist will automatically check the Costume Collection event rarity skins (12 total) as owned. 

Furthermore, 42 new skins (including 4 Proof of Purchase rarity) were added to the game.  A preview of the new character set can be found in this post.

Filter Layout Changed
With 869 skins now in the game, the filter buttons at the top of the checklist had become incredibly cluttered.  These buttons have therefore been changed to dropdown menus in this latest version.  While the filter functionalities remain the same, the top layout should now be more cleancut.

As before, the website  and HTML file links remain unchanged.  Likewise, a shoutout to @PeterA and @ImDaMisterL for their continued assistance.   Lastly, here are a few screenshots of Version 1.8.19 (~6.49MB):

Spoiler

preview40.thumb.png.10217778f911a3ddcdd1e9fdcff086ae.png preview41.thumb.png.96eba1575cb4ba372026dbb03bc10b6d.png preview42.thumb.png.e2f5eb68f9e25ac74f680ee5f4f39854.png

EDIT:  Today's patch added 1 additional skin.  The checklist has therefore been updated to Version 1.8.20.

• Like 2

Instant-Noodles    2,239
Posted (edited)

The Willow Character Update was introduced in today's patch.  And, with it came, a whopping 132 new skins (74 Common, 32 Classy, 10 Spiffy, 5 Distinguished, 8 Elegant, and 3 Loyal). 

As with the previous character update, Willow's Formal, Roseate, Shadow, and Survivor skins were upgraded to Heirloom Classy, Heirloom Distinguished, and Heirloom Elegant rarities.  In its place, non-marketable/weavable versions of the aforementioned skins were added to the game under the Classy, Distinguished, and Elegant rarities.

The checklist has now been updated to Version 1.9.3 (~8.80MB).  As usual, the checklist can be viewed online or downloaded.  Finally, here are a few screenshots:

Spoiler

preview49.thumb.png.b54ac133f205ac4e67cb3cb5f57ccbee.png preview50.thumb.png.0e886ec7fe40bf26047f000cdf5e5f05.png preview51.thumb.png.08b64a7c4f5d10145d6cdc08c1b4db34.png

It should be noted that 3 skins are incorrectly named as "Buckled Gloves" (instead of "Driving Gloves") in the current game files.  For name parity,  Version 1.9.3 has not corrected this typo (i.e. the 3 skins in question are also called "Buckled Gloves" in the checklist).  However, the checklist will be updated when (and if) the game receives a patch that fixes said names.

EDIT (05/08/2019):  The 3 incorrectly named skins from yesterday's Willow Character Update was fixed in a patch today.  Version 1.9.4 of the checklist now reflects this change.

EDIT (06/06/2019):  Wormwood was officially released in today's patch and with him came 13 new skins.  The checklist has therefore been updated to Version 1.9.5.

EDIT (06/17/2019):  The descriptions for non-marketable event skins have been updated in Version 1.9.6 to better reflect the fact that (1) Forge, Hallowed Nights, Snowfallen, Year of the Pig King, Year of the Varg, and Winter collection skins can be obtained as drops since the Winona Character Update; (2) Profile Flairs, Portrait Frames, and Vignettes from the collections in (1) stopped dropping since the Willow Character Update; and (3) Gorge collection skins (but not including profile flairs, portrait frames, and vignettes) can be obtained as drops since the Wormwood Update.

EDIT (06/27/2019):  The Return of Them hotfix from earlier today added in 11 new skins; 9 are upcoming Twitch Loyal Rarity skins and 2 are Proof of Purchase rarity skins.  The checklist has been updated to Version 1.9.7.

EDIT (07/17/2019):  Today's Return of Them hotfix added in the missing 2 skins from the Crystalline collection sets that were added when the checklist was last updated.  Moreover, upon further checking, it appears the 11 skins that were added in Version 1.9.7 were actually released in the June 26 346546 hotfix instead of the June 27 347014 hotfix.  The update notes for the checklist has been corrected accordingly in Version 1.9.8.

EDIT (07/25/2019):  Warly was added in today's patch.  With him, came 12 new skins and 1 new collection!  The checklist has therefore been updated to Version 1.9.9. 

EDIT (08/15/2019):  The RoT Turn of Tides update was released today to the main branch.  With it, came one new time-limited loyal skin.  The checklist has been updated to Version 1.9.10.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rellimarual    4,015

I would not mind a pair of those ankle boots for my real-life wardrobe, tbh

• Like 1

myxal    314

@Instant-Noodles, thanks for making this tool.

May I suggest a feature/features - have you used/seen Steam Trade Matcher? (TL;DR: users join a group, where their inventories are visible. On the site, after logging in and hitting scan, I'm presented with a list of trade matches, where another user/trade bot has trading cards I'm missing).

• Specific scan functionality (targeting 1 other user) could probably be implemented in the checklist - just compare tradable duplicates and tradable unowned sets between 2 users.
  • Assuming there's interest, will and feasibility, could STM possibly integrate DST checklist and provide trade matches of DST inventory items for its steam group? (STM currently doesn't do any game-specific items, only Steam community items (trading cards, emoticon, backgrounds) AFAICT, so it probably has no concept of DST-specific attributes like rarity.)
  • Thanks 1

Instant-Noodles    2,239
On 09/09/2019 at 6:18 AM, myxal said:

@Instant-Noodles, thanks for making this tool.

May I suggest a feature/features - have you used/seen Steam Trade Matcher? (TL;DR: users join a group, where their inventories are visible. On the site, after logging in and hitting scan, I'm presented with a list of trade matches, where another user/trade bot has trading cards I'm missing).

• Specific scan functionality (targeting 1 other user) could probably be implemented in the checklist - just compare tradable duplicates and tradable unowned sets between 2 users.
  • Assuming there's interest, will and feasibility, could STM possibly integrate DST checklist and provide trade matches of DST inventory items for its steam group? (STM currently doesn't do any game-specific items, only Steam community items (trading cards, emoticon, backgrounds) AFAICT, so it probably has no concept of DST-specific attributes like rarity.)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I took a look at STM, but, at this time, it's unlikely that I will expand the checklist into a website that stores an active database of the DST inventories of people who sign in (via Steam OpenID) and have it automatically match them with other people's inventories upon login. 

However, I have previously made a tool that does exactly what you mentioned in bullet 1.  It has only been used by myself and a few friends, but since there appears to be interest, I will share the url:  https://dst-skins-checklist.firebaseapp.com/match.

The Tradable Duplicate Skins Matcher tool will match tradable duplicate skins between 2 Steam inventories.  Similar to the checklist, it will require the pasting of the JSON text of each respective Steam inventory.  After matching, it will generate two types of lists: one showing tradable duplicates in one inventory that the other doesn't own and another showing all tradable duplicates in each inventory.

And, if you're wondering why the checklist and this tool requires the pasting of JSON instead of fetching the file itself after typing in a Steam profile, that's because github pages only allows for the hosting of static websites.  So, both tools were made with Javascript (which, in the absence of using a proxy, is restricted by CORS policies) instead of a server side scripting language. 

Hope that helps.

matcher-01.thumb.png.009c5e06c377ce7558318f7ad275dcf0.png matcher-02.thumb.png.9bc4841f3fd9ab4c73c1c0a9046fd5db.png

• Thanks 3