Instant-Noodles

DST Skins Checklist (Updated: 09/26/2019)

TemporaryMan    1,428

I use a text file I wrote with notepad.  Yup.  Got it all organized into neat little columns, too, with judicious use of TAB and SPACE.  Bit of a hassle whenever new skins get added and I have to reorganize my columns, but it does its job.  Got a complete accounting of which skins I currently own versus which ones originally dropped, too.  I suppose I could make a blank version for anyone, um, too lazy to write their own list in notepad?

No fancy filtering, but it's grouped together by rarity and type, and alphabetically within type.

Format's pretty stable, doesn't depend on any costly proprietary software, though you may need to convert EOL characters if you use Mac or Linux.  Should still work fine even if you get sent back to 1986, but the lowercase letters will give you trouble if you go back to 1963, and any further than that you're fresh out of luck.  Finding a computer from the time period capable of playing DST may present a bigger challenge.

The skin names are embedded (via ASCII encoding) into the TXT file, so the file size is ~4KB.

DST skins priority list template.txt

Zeklo    16,458

Much more fancy than my little notepad file!

Edited by Zeklo

Bebbit    2,782
41 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

heh... don't mean to brag or nothin' but uh.... these are the only ones I still have to get:

Well I still have to get everything except for the white Pleated Shirt :^ )

Edited by Bebbit

GiddyGuy    7,582
47 minutes ago, Bebbit said:

Well I still have to get everything except for the white Pleated Shirt :^ )

Get rekt @Fidooop

• Like 1

Rily    552

thanks dude, is useful for people like me obsessed with collections, I only need 2 more items and my common collection will be complete, someone have sneakers in green or red?

• Like 1

Instant-Noodles    2,239

I've updated the checklist with a new syncing feature.  To sync with your Steam Inventory, you'll need to paste the JSON text for your DST Inventory into the checklist; it'll then read the data and auto-populate/check the list with items you own.  

You can access the JSON file for your DST inventory by either:

1. Visiting http://steamcommunity.com/my/inventory/json/322330/1.  If you're already logged-in, Steam will automatically resolve the "/my/" in the link to your Steam Profile; OR
  2. Manually appending "/inventory/json/322330/1" to the end of your Steam profile link.  You'll need to have a public Steam inventory to see the JSON text if you're not logged-in.  That is,
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/**(vanity_url_goes_here)**/inventory/json/322330/1
    http://steamcommunity.com/profile/**(steam_id_goes_here)**/inventory/json/322330/1

It should be noted that the sync feature is entirely optional.  The checklist will function without it; you'll just have to manually check/uncheck items as before.

The links for the HTML file and Live preview remain unchanged.  For best compatibility, I recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.  Some features may not function if you use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.  

And here are a few screenshots of Version 1.20 (~1.46MB):

Spoiler

preview7.png preview8.png preview9.png

• Like 4

Instant-Noodles    2,239

As the September 1st patch added 3 new PAX/plushie skins, I've updated the checklist once more.  

Moreover, the checklist will now make note of duplicate skins when you sync with your Steam inventory.  If a skin is duplicated, the exact number will be indicated under the skin's respective checkbox.  To view all your duplicates, a "Duplicates" filter has been added next to the "All" filter (Note: this filter only appears after a sync with an inventory containing dupes).

The link for the HTML file and Live Preview remains unchanged.  However as Google Drive officially discontinued its HTML web hosting service on August 31, the Live Preview link may cease functioning at anytime.   As before, the checklist functions best with Chrome or Firefox; some features may not work properly in other browsers.  

Lastly, here are a few screenshots of Version 1.30 (~1.49MB):

Spoiler

preview10.png  preview11.png  preview12.png

• Like 3

Kittydub    1,363

Hey! I really like this list, but there is one tiny thing that doesn't sync for some reason. The Nightdress does not want to stay checked in the list, but I do have it. Everytime I sync it dissappears. I love the list though, easy to use!

• Like 1

Instant-Noodles    2,239
3 hours ago, Kittydub said:

Hey! I really like this list, but there is one tiny thing that doesn't sync for some reason. The Nightdress does not want to stay checked in the list, but I do have it. Everytime I sync it dissappears. I love the list though, easy to use!

Hrmmm.... that's quite odd.  I just tried syncing a profile that owned the Nightdress and it synced properly (nightdress checked itself).  Do you mind private messaging me your Steam profile link so I can take a look?   Also, are you using the latest version of the checklist (i.e. Version 1.30)?  Thanks.

EDIT:  Does it only disappear when you re-open the checklist?  If so, then you must save the checklist after syncing as it doesn't auto-save after a sync.  Moreover, what browser are you using?

EDIT #2:  The issue has been solved.  The Nightdress is apparently known as Nightgown in some countries/regions.  This was causing the syncing problem.  I've just uploaded Version 1.31 which will match both Nightdress and Nightgown.  Thanks to @Kittydub for the bug report.

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 2

FTR    285

I wonder.. how much time does it actually take to obtain all skins in the game? Considering we get four each week? Did anyone calculate that?

I remember someone posting percentage chance for each skin based on rarity, and elegant skins had like 1%?

Instant-Noodles    2,239
10 hours ago, Weird Wanderer said:

The same thing happens to me with the WX-78 Guest of Honor. Probably the same kind of issue?

Guest of Honor items sync properly on my end.  It might be another region/country item name difference.  However, I don't know anyone that owns the WX-78 Guest of Honor head, can you private message me your Steam profile link so I can debug?  Thanks.

EDIT:  Figured out the issue: WX-78 Guest of Honor has a different internal_name on the Steam market than expected. Version 1.32 should resolve that syncing problem.  Thanks to @Weird Wanderer for the bug report.

• Like 3

Instant-Noodles    2,239

The checklist has been updated again as 16 additional skins, 2 new skin rarities, and 1 new collection were added in yesterday's patch.

Just one new feature this time...

• Skin Set Detection
    Reward rarity skins will automatically check/uncheck itself in the checklist if you have/don't have all the skins in specific skin sets checked as owned.  You can also hover over the name of a specific reward rarity skin to find out which skins are needed to complete that skin set.

Download and preview links for the checklist remain unchanged.  As usual, here are a few screenshots - Version 1.50 (~1.87MB):

Spoiler

preview16.png preview17.png preview18.png 

Lastly, a special shout out to @PeterA and @Chris1488 for providing the base images for the two reward rarity skins.

EDIT (12/09/16): Version 1.51 has just been uploaded.  It contains the 15 new skins and 1 collection that were added in yesterday's patch.  Moreover, as the official end date for the Winter's Feast event has yet to be announced, I have arbitrarily set the start date to today and the end date to the Tuesday after Christmas (i.e. 12/27/16).  Thanks again to @PeterA for providing images for the Event skins.

EDIT #2 (12/15/16):  I just updated the checklist to Version 1.52.  The start date for the Winter's Feast event has been corrected to today.  No official end date has been announced yet, so I will update the checklist again once that happens.

EDIT #3 (12/19/16): Five new skins (1 Spiffy & 4 Distinguished) were added in today's patch.  The checklist has therefore been updated to Version 1.53.

EDIT #4 (12/21/16): Looks like the Winter's Feast event will end near the end of the first week of January.  So, under the assumption that it'll end on the same weekday as when the event started (like Hallowed Nights did), I've updated the end date to the first Thursday in January in Version 1.54.

• Like 4

t1morino88eex    255

Hey Noodles. I synced my inventory and the Christmas event items appear as "owned" already. Aren't they items that are going to drop during the Christmas event but still available afterwards? (similar the 2 costume and 2 disguises from hallowen)

UoVEx23.png

Edited by t1morino88eex

GiddyGuy    7,582
30 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Hey Noodles. I synced my inventory and the Christmas event items appear as "owned" already. Aren't they items that are going to drop during the Christmas event but still available afterwards? (similar the 2 costume and disguises)

Event items mean they'll be given to everyone to use until Christmas is over.

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,985
3 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

Hey Noodles. I synced my inventory and the Christmas event items appear as "owned" already. Aren't they items that are going to drop during the Christmas event but still available afterwards? (similar the 2 costume and disguises)

UoVEx23.png

They show up in your inventory? No changes to mine :(.