On 6/29/2018 at 3:42 AM, gallusvarius said:

This is a nice one too. Your elder drawings are cute.
You do well with hair by the way, shaping it and directing it's motion.

Thanks.

Idk, I just draw Ria's hair like that. I guess it has helped me a bit ^^;

I wasn't gonna do this for a while but the Klei art stream inspired me to draw it early:

5b37117e9f437_Sammy(3).thumb.jpg.ad53d3a925765053571a86f1bcf3ad86.jpg

Sammy when he was a goat, according to Billy's lines. I didn't know what clothes to give him so he's just donning his merm attire.

I headcanon that Sammy is Billy's father but lost some of his memory when he became a merm. I know they don't mention that at all and could be a little far-fetched but if Mumsy can tell Billy to not look at the sky then maybe she can tell him not to mention it? I dunno.

I need to make his horns bigger/longer and maybe his nose a bit shorter but I don't have a good reference of Mumsy to go by ( ._.)

I've screenshot some frames from the trailer later on if I remember.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

5b37117e9f437_Sammy(3).thumb.jpg.ad53d3a925765053571a86f1bcf3ad86.jpg

I like how you did his pupils, they seem very smooth. Really, the eyes in general are very attention-drawing.

It's an interesting concept, I never thought of how Sammy might have looked before. I think you did pretty well at re-creating how he might have looked.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Took awhile but...

Ria the Dragon Mage (or Wia if we're going with the W name theme)

"I'm an entity from the future"

5b59be51e19e5_RiaDSmodredraw.thumb.jpg.0fc124d0bb80449e62019ee5f67ba1d9.jpg

Whew, this have certainly changed since my 2016 version ^^; though the first perk may be changed to something else (like pacifist/weak fighter or something like that).

More info:

Reveal hidden contents

Ria is dragon/human hybrid (which is why her health is 150 instead of 100).

Being part dragon, she's light on her feet and can quickly evade an unwanted battle (perk 1).

Ria is a pacifist and isn't too good at physical fights (strength would probably be adjustable in a mod).

Not a lot of things scare her (reason for high sanity).

She doesn't dress very warmly but makes up for it in summer (perk 2).

Comes with her own exclusive staff and mana gauge to use magic attacks (perk 3). Note: Different magic use different amounts of mana. If you don't have enough mana, she will not be able to use magic. Mana regenerates over time but can be regained faster through certain foods and sleeping in a tent.

magicstaff =

generic = "This helps me concentrate my magic."

Oh and that 2016 version incase you wanna gaze at the old ugliness ^^;

Reveal hidden contents

me_in_don_t_starve_by_dragonmage156-d9rs

Thought to post it here too.

• Like 5

Ooh, I just found your art thread! I haven't gone through much, but I like how you've drawn the elder. It's cute how he pats Ria(?)'s head. Sammy's goat concept is great as well.

26 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ria the Dragon Mage

Nice design! I've always had an infatuation with dragons, and the magic/mana idea is pretty cool. I agree with Resette that she could use some balancing, though.

Also, a few things: most characters have 150 health, so if you're going for higher health, perhaps you could have a higher value.
180 sanity is more of a low value - more than half the characters have 200. 

When I was doing... uh... research for my character, I found this wiki page helpful. I consider Wilson's stats to be the baseline: 150 health, 150 hunger, 200 sanity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Auspice said:

Nice design! I've always had an infatuation with dragons, and the magic/mana idea is pretty cool. I agree with Resette that she could use some balancing, though.

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

What are her drawbacks? The lack of cold resistance and weak hits don't seem to balance her out a lot... unless I missed something.

She mentions the character isn't good at fighting, perhaps they do less damage than other characters.  The 'winter/summer' thing balances itself out, so it wouldn't be counted as a positive or negative.
It really depends on what it means to be 'evasive,' what kind of fire powers she has, and what it means to be bad at battle. I don't think we actually got gameplay specifics. 

Still, I think it's an interesting idea. Likewise to see she's actually been modded in.  What does her in-game sprite look like, if you'd show? I'm kind of curious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

What are her drawbacks? The lack of cold resistance and weak hits don't seem to balance her out a lot... unless I missed something.

21 hours ago, Auspice said:

Also, a few things: most characters have 150 health, so if you're going for higher health, perhaps you could have a higher value.
180 sanity is more of a low value - more than half the characters have 200. 

When I was doing... uh... research for my character, I found this wiki page helpful. I consider Wilson's stats to be the baseline: 150 health, 150 hunger, 200 sanity.

I supposed I could put her health down and sanity up but whenever I play as Wendy and Webber, I usually die way too quickly. Either I'm bad at DS or trouble keeps finding me at the worst times ^^;

I guess I could make stats adjustable.

20 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Still, I think it's an interesting idea. Likewise to see she's actually been modded in.  What does her in-game sprite look like, if you'd show? I'm kind of curious. 

Well I drew a possible concept. I don't really have a sprite though (except maybe of her clothes and tail but they look a bit buggy. I was never sure how to do her hair other than a ponytail so I never got far with her head sprite).

Spoiler

5b5afd3f32ee0_ingameimagedefault.png.fc0b785898d44378228d76d704d33a12.png

5b5afd3ff252d_ingameimagewinetr.png.a2f474a2413edd9ced7e1b4f3ad45be6.png

I included a winter one due to different filters but bare in mind, this was done in 2016 and even my digital colour pallet has changed ^^;

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well I drew a possible concept. I don't really have a sprite though (except maybe of her clothes and tail but they look a bit buggy. I was never sure how to do her hair other than a ponytail so I never got far with her head sprite).

Not bad, really. Tail looks pretty good. 
Sprites will always look buggy untill all components are in properly plugged-in/redrawn/replaced. 

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

5b79707b4afea_LilWhyattandKidfrid.thumb.jpg.0505541b0d7c9844d6556937a48d943a.jpg

Also the internet need more Kidfrid drawings.

Kidfrid... First time I ever heard such a term.
You did really well with the details on Whyatt's hair, though, nice job. You did well with the poses and expressions in this overall as well. 

Kidfrid... Maybe I need to try drawing that... 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Kidfrid... First time I ever heard such a term.

I game up with it a few days and was like "Man... that needs to become a trendy tag/hashtag" :p

13 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Kidfrid... Maybe I need to try drawing that... 

I'd love to see that ^_^

• Like 1

Kage! After many longs months, he is finally finished and will assume the role of official DS OC (I've had OCs in DS but that doesn't count)

Kage.thumb.jpg.a239611078398bdd0b70b6defe5a75bf.jpg

Ofcourse it took a while to choose his final design. Let's say I had a lot of ideas...

Spoiler

5b88a18438521_Hair(1).thumb.jpg.c71de6681ec6412143f9c7035c381508.jpg

5b88a18537969_Hair(2).thumb.jpg.3c5ec5e649f8c7d84ed46935b5a7e423.jpg

I made some later on as well by combining them

5b88a18cb3c7f_Hair(3).thumb.jpg.614622d16aa6b911fa16b3c533afb0da.jpg

(Don't ask, this one was at 3am XD )

5b88a194a72bc_Hair(4).thumb.jpg.3ab51be6bd58e0bd502f864f2a53aed0.jpg

5b88a19677b14_Hair(5).thumb.jpg.fa0195bacbe3967df9aeed185672a07a.jpg

Thinking of making that his triumphant version but it still looks Invader Zim-esque ^^;

Posting the draft just incase:

Spoiler

5b88a1c009314_DraftKage.thumb.jpg.d50ebb101f0e007f4f75fa3d5cfcaeea.jpg

There will be a coloured version soon, hopefully.

Edited by DragonMage156
Fixed some weird out-of-place spacing.
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Auspice said:

Ooooh, interesting! I'm curious about what his abilities are. I see the ghostly wings and tail, hmmmm.

Well he's a shadow with a body, I can tell you that much ;P

4 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. I like how the erased pencil marks imply Kage's dark nature.
  2. Why did Sailor Moon's Melvin posses Kage?
  3. Ria is going to star in a youtube video. Huge clicks impend her doom.
  4. So... Kage is being born in the middle?:wilson_sneaky:

1. They aren't erased, they're light pen lines.

2. Omg haha, I had no idea! I just drew him with swirly glasses like I've seen in other things XD

3. He plans to push her off the ledge (coin) but whether he succeeds or not is a different story >u<

4. What? It's just his shadow version ^^;

• Like 2