(Resolved) (SW) Devs.... Please, please, please make sandbags disappear after 30 days

It's not a secret that I kinda dislike monsoon season, but the thing I hate the most in the game is sandbagging and also having to spend so much time destroying sandbags after that.... 

For a person like me who loves building pretty bases, this is so discouraging.

Please, please, make the sandbags disappear after 30 days and just make it leave the sand on the ground. 

Thanks

I would be okay with this resolution if the recipe made slightly more of them. They'd be cheaper, but disposable and need to be replaced.

Maybe they'd have a "needing repair" state somewhere in between where you could add more sand to fix them.

On 6/19/2016 at 5:58 AM, ryouryou said:

I would be okay with this resolution if the recipe made slightly more of them. They'd be cheaper, but disposable and need to be replaced.

Maybe they'd have a "needing repair" state somewhere in between where you could add more sand to fix them.

There is no point in repairing them. Puddles will appear next year in different areas. That's why I would like them to completely dissapear after a year. Besides, they look butt ugly.

But for that they would need to tweak the recipe. Otherwise monsoon season would be even more annoying ontop of having to waste more flint or gold for machetes to collect bamboo.

Seriously this idea would be god damn annoying if we keep the current sandbag and cloth recipes due to the sheer amount of stuff you have to collect to properly protect your base (and I don't mean plugging the puddles with Sandbags).

In general I start to just see annoyance in this idea considering how long it already takes to just get all the ressources to make a proper SW base and you just want me to redo the entire collecting part over and over and over again each year once monsoon season is over what means I have to waste time in Calm and Hurricane season collecting bamboo and sand just to have enought sandbags for the next monsoon. That's not challenging or fun it's just annoying as all hell.

So no don't make them dissapear cause SW already has to many annoying mechanics and I don't need even more.

5 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Um, no thank you. I already spent almost two seasons collecting enough sand and bamboo to make enough sandbags to protect my base. I'd prefer to not have to do that every in-game year.

TirH4op.jpg

Wow... I haven't covered everything around my base like you.... This is a fair point... Thanks for sharing your pic :)

The repair would be more for people who want them to be a constant feature of their base for aesthetic reasons. Another compromise might be that they disappear over time if not placed on manmade turf.

Edit: Realize this has been marked resolved. XP Oops.

Archived