non-breaking amulets, fun-to-play willow, non-joke beefalos, AG's ghost and useful Thul items

2 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Eh...okay I buy it, I guess she casts the spell with her mind? Since she does lose sanity for reading them

Sleepy time stories. She is actually reading a story, like your mom did before night when you were much younger :D

2 hours ago, Mr.P said:

YOu know the best part is that your profile picture sums this up perfevtly aswell. Just screaming in anger due to all that confusion.

Although if it helps at max maybe look at the titles or just the rep cause that's probably an easy way to differentiate us 3 at the moment.

I do wonder, is the rainbow background due to @Mr.P's uh, magnificent characteristics?

12 hours ago, rezecib said:

Fire farms are really useful, though. I tuned it to have a 5 flingos + 8 shadowflames...

Ah, so we're flashing back to those days huh? Fire farm Krampus, APS, Bunnies, Bases, Birds, Werepigs, Volt Goats, Butterflies, Players all alike!

22 hours ago, Schism_989 said:

Yeah, a Pyromaniac Griefer comes on, hammers the Flingomatics, you still have a bucket of water/water balloons on hand.

We have more than enough ways to put out fires. You just have to be prepared.

1 hour ago, hyiltiz said:

We have more than enough ways to put out fires. You just have to be prepared.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that there are more ways to put out fires, but I just can never prepare myself for them...

3 hours ago, Schism_989 said:

The more I think about it, the more I realize that there are more ways to put out fires, but I just can never prepare myself for them...

Just carry waterballoons just as u carry twigs and grass.

As for Wickerbottom's sanity and whatnot, I always figured she was reading the spells aloud?  Only we can't hear it/the game skips over that part?

It seems ANYthing to do with magic automatically causes a sanity drain in this game, because magic is weird, eldritch and otherwordly.  Normal/dapper/cheerful/civilzation-related stuff cheers you up, weirdness and darkness drag you down. 

And magic should ALWAYS have a price. In this case, it's a little piece of _your very mind_...

...Notorious

I don't know about her having a special ability to put them out, BUT...with her fire immunity back, she _could_ extinguish fires barehandedly without getting hurt...

...which she would hate doing, but it'd make her the best-suited character for that job.  (sing-song voice) I-ron-yyyy!

(Heck, in my current game as Willow the Unnerfed, I've already been doing that anyway.)

...Notorious

(cracks up)  Oh man, now I've got this mental image of Willow, like, _absorbing_ the other fires' power into herself.  "YES, MY BRETHREN!  FEED MY FLAME!  BWAHAHAHA!"

...I'd say somebody needs to draw that, but, Willow laughing manically surrounded by flame?  What picture of her (other than romantic shippy ones, and maybe even some of those) ISN'T like that?  : P

...Notorious

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(cracks up)  Oh man, now I've got this mental image of Willow, like, _absorbing_ the other fires' power into herself.  "YES, MY BRETHREN!  FEED MY FLAME!  BWAHAHAHA!"

...I'd say somebody needs to draw that, but, Willow laughing manically surrounded by flame?  What picture of her (other than romantic shippy ones, and maybe even some of those) ISN'T like that?  : P

...Notorious

It's not complete without one of the other characters looking at her in horror as she does that. 

@Haroldman A number of these changes have been rolled into the base game already, which I'm really happy about.

I'm thinking of making this public when I get proper art for the beefalo collars, which should be soon.

Some other things that I've been thinking about how I might be able to make usable... If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

• Extra-Adorable Lavae -- at the moment, it's really not useful because it lights everything on fire. So... you can kind of use it like a campfire if you wall it off and keep feeding it, but a firepit is better.
  • Smallbirds. I'm not sure that making Tallbirds stay loyal once raised would even really make them worth it.
  • Insulated pack-- it should at the very least have normal backpack size, which I've implemented. However, it still feels a bit weak for a giant-tier drop.
  • I feel like I'm missing something...

4 hours ago, rezecib said:

@Haroldman A number of these changes have been rolled into the base game already, which I'm really happy about.

I'm thinking of making this public when I get proper art for the beefalo collars, which should be soon.

Some other things that I've been thinking about how I might be able to make usable... If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

• Extra-Adorable Lavae -- at the moment, it's really not useful because it lights everything on fire. So... you can kind of use it like a campfire if you wall it off and keep feeding it, but a firepit is better.
  • Smallbirds. I'm not sure that making Tallbirds stay loyal once raised would even really make them worth it.
  • Insulated pack-- it should at the very least have normal backpack size, which I've implemented. However, it still feels a bit weak for a giant-tier drop.

For smallbirds.. They have a chance to be loyal but your constantly endangering yourself in their "independence."

For the extra-adorable lavae... Let's have a like an evolution system like in Pokemon. And some upgrades that can improve it.

For the insulated pack... I dunno T^T

And if you're missing something how about the not appreciated thermometer and rainometer.

4 hours ago, rezecib said:

For the lavae, maybe it could work like rabbits and it gets 100% hunger/HP by feeding it once, so it'd be better for trips outside of summer, maybe it could also not burn anything, but still be able to use it as a firepit.

A tallbird being useful, I guess it could wear hats for armor? Though even with that I don't see them being that good...

Isulated pack, I don't think it'd need to get better, it already slows down food spoilage, and making it have the same inventory slots as the regular backpack would already make it really good, but if in case it needed to be buffed even further, maybe it could work more like an ice box, but that could potentialy be too strong.

22 minutes ago, leonseye said:

I'm just curious how this project is coming along, honestly.

No rush or anything, of course, but it's definitely something I've been looking forward to.  : )

Well, he's ironing out a few bugs (I should know, I was helping him). A small list that I gathered up while playing with him include:

-Shadow Porters no longer collect the Codex Umbra.

-Shadow Duelists now stop attacking a target completely while disengaged.

-Shadow Torchbearers no longer regenerate torch power while switching between caves and overworld.

-Tamed beefalo no longer attack you when you attack a wild beefalo or another tamed beefalo.

Etc, etc...

Archived