non-breaking amulets, fun-to-play willow, non-joke beefalos, AG's ghost and useful Thul items

1 hour ago, Gigibyte said:

I've got the best idea of all, enable friendly fire vote for a griefer

This would be...VERY satisfying.

12 minutes ago, Gigibyte said:

And if they're a ghost, they can't do anything. just a helpless ghost that got it's butt kicked

They fixed the crock pot haunting into goop right?

@Chris1488 Well, they're a little bit useful on their own. I have the feeling that they're more useful than I know, and I'm just waiting for players to figure out how to push their limits. Mantas playtested for a bit and figured out you could use them to kill beehives without aggroing the bees. They kill butterflies pretty well.

Fire farms are really useful, though. I tuned it to have a 5 flingos + 8 shadowflames take a full half of the deerclops's health off, and it could probably be made stronger. It gives some synergy to multiple Willows, and gives Willow a really unique niche of her own in the endgame as well.

Since this thread is about calling Klei's attention, maybe Abigail could be buffed a bit, for her to stop doing whatever she's doing when Wendy is too far (Like a screen away), there's already a mod which does this, but having it here would help. and the reason why I think Wendy needs this is for her to be able to travel better on swamps without the fear of Abigail being killed by a tentacle, (And other situations like Abigail fighting fire hounds at the base) plus she could become more useful against Giants with this.

Another thing I thought would be for gears to be renewable, not too much, but at least enough so WX-78 players don't get much in the way of making Ice Flingomatic or whatever, specialy on servers with more players.

On 17/06/2016 at 5:19 PM, rezecib said:
  Hide contents
  • Has two new minion types: torchbearer, porter (picks items up) 
    • Minions can now be given hats. Armor hats give 60% reduction, all other hats are cosmetic.

When the porters pick something, would the items be transported automaticaly to the inventory? And would they avoid items when you don't have any more space?

Also, that link on the first post doesn't work, is it because it's private or something like that?

2 hours ago, Lukmendes said:

When the porters pick something, would the items be transported automaticaly to the inventory? And would they avoid items when you don't have any more space?

Also, that link on the first post doesn't work, is it because it's private or something like that?

Porters have their own 4-slot inventory, and yeah, they're smart enough to know which items they can fit in and ignore the others.

Yup, the link doesn't work because it's set to friends-only right now (hylitz wasn't aware of that at the time of posting).

On 18/6/2016 at 2:34 AM, Gyths said:

• Nerf STS range in PvP servers *shudders once more*

! This reminds me of a really good suggestion I saw some time ago: the earmuffs should make you immune from STS, OR only make you dizzy (slow, the state you are after you wake up) and not fall asleep.

Also please buff Ice and Fire a bit, they're bad as they are now. A single shot of the fire staff can't kill a bird. You could have the fire staff deal 5 (or 10, unless you think it's too much) damage on impact, and for the ice stuff, each shot slows the enemy after it breaks out of ice AND if the shot wasn't enough to freeze it (for the latter, each shot needed to freeze the enemy slows it by 100/n%, where n are the number of shots needed to freeze)

20 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Also please buff Ice and Fire a bit, they're bad as they are now. A single shot of the fire staff can't kill a bird. You could have the fire staff deal 5 (or 10, unless you think it's too much) damage on impact, and for the ice stuff, each shot slows the enemy after it breaks out of ice AND if the shot wasn't enough to freeze it (for the latter, each shot needed to freeze the enemy slows it by 100/n%, where n are the number of shots needed to freeze)

I disagree, the ice staff is quite useful as is. Cheap, and effective, it's one of the best magic items. The fire staff... well, that's playing with fire... Edit: What I meant by that is that fire is one of the mechanics that in my opinion has not translated well to multiplayer at all. It was a great mechanic in single-player because everything that happened was explicitly your fault (either through action or inaction), but in multiplayer that's not the case. I'm hesitant to buff the grief-o-wand.

Making freeze apply a slow multiplier regardless of the source might be interesting, but I could see it being more annoying than anything else (e.g. when fighting MacTusk's ice hounds...).

I do like the earmuff suggestion, definitely going to look into that.

4 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

! This reminds me of a really good suggestion I saw some time ago: the earmuffs should make you immune from STS, OR only make you dizzy (slow, the state you are after you wake up) and not fall asleep.

Question...how does reading a book make a sound? owo

10 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

How does reading a book summon tentacles? Or Lightnings. Or Birds. Etc.

I think basically Wicker's casting a spell, and the earmuffs in this scenario would block the person from hearing the spell and not being affected by it. 

4 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I think basically Wicker's casting a spell, and the earmuffs in this scenario would block the person from hearing the spell and not being affected by it. 

Eh...okay I buy it, I guess she casts the spell with her mind? Since she does lose sanity for reading them

3 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Eh...okay I buy it, I guess she casts the spell with her mind? Since she does lose sanity for reading them

It takes sanity as a sacrifice I assume. I mean, she says she LEARNS from the books, so it can be assumed her sanity being lost is her learning such forbbiden knowledge. Also explains why Maxwell can read her books. He's familiar with forbidden knowledge for quite some time.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Also explains why Maxwell can read her books. He's familiar with forbidden knowledge for quite some time.

Did you never assume the other characters just couldn't read. :^)

Just kidding I think Wilson comments about the contents of some of the books.

4 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

Eh exactly. Maybe make the fire last more? Only when fired by the fire staff, obviously. 

GAH NOT THE NFA STAFF (gets pvp ptsd)

On 17-6-2016 at 10:52 PM, DwerBomb said:

-Bernie should fight back, with punch damage and a slow attack period. This is used not to kill the shadows, but to make his life longer, as attacking back will make the shadows not group him and destroy it in seconds.

This would be really cool, but I think the problem would be that Bernie doesn't have an animation for punching (since he's just there to take the hits)

35 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Did you never assume the other characters just couldn't read. :^)

Just kidding I think Wilson comments about the contents of some of the books.

I like to think everyone can read them. However truly understanding the power of the books is a whole other thing.

1 hour ago, RyanandLink said:

GAH NOT THE NFA STAFF (gets pvp ptsd)

Hide contents

This would be really cool, but I think the problem would be that Bernie doesn't have an animation for punching (since he's just there to take the hits)

Yeah, right, it would have to be added, unless he could just...counterattack by being cute? What I mean is, it doesn't show an attack animation, but when he is attacked, the Shadows take damage because he rapresents a soft and warm companion to Willow, probably a strong ally too, ready to protect her from the shadows. So he is full of positive vibes and that damages nightmares.

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

I've always thought she read them to cast a spell, like Koala said. And again like Koala said the other characters can read them but they can't comprehend them.

10 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Yeah, right, it would have to be added, unless he could just...counterattack by being cute? What I mean is, it doesn't show an attack animation, but when he is attacked, the Shadows take damage because he rapresents a soft and warm companion to Willow, probably a strong ally too, ready to protect her from the shadows. So he is full of positive vibes and that damages nightmares.

I've always thought she read them to cast a spell, like P said. And again like P said the other characters can read them but they can't comprehend them.

Koala. Not P

48 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

YOULL HAVE THE SAME PROFILE PICTURE AAAAAAAAAAAAA

YOu know the best part is that your profile picture sums this up perfevtly aswell. Just screaming in anger due to all that confusion.

Although if it helps at max maybe look at the titles or just the rep cause that's probably an easy way to differentiate us 3 at the moment.

Archived