non-breaking amulets, fun-to-play willow, non-joke beefalos, AG's ghost and useful Thul items

Link isn't working for me. or is it private or something...cause I wanna try this with some friends sometime. says something about being removed...

Link isn't working for me. or is it private or something...cause I wanna try this with some friends sometime. says something about being removed...

Doot doot, 2 cents dump from me:

• Lazy Forager picks item stacks up *shudders*
  • Dragonfly turns active when summer starts, engages likewise with Deerclops to the largest active base, and drops a scale upon defeat (rarely an egg/gem?) . She then flies back and sucker-punches anything coming near her as usual.
  • Nerf STS range in PvP servers *shudders once more*
  • Slightly slower spoilage in caves when it's summer.
  • Ice shouldn't melt in Ice Chester/Insulated Pack
  • A use for spores pls?
  • Buff guacamole, I prefer salsa thank you very much
  • Enhanced insulation for icecream in fridge (it still spoils)
  • Guardian destroys pillars but gets stunned upon impact.
  • Rooks stop charging upon reaching a world edge, so it doesn't look like Wes running into a 'wall'
  • Triple walrus generation should be on all DST worlds to avoid further congregation on one poor walrus camp.
  • Add the parrot setpiece.

klei pls with the double posting

Hmm, not a fan of some of the changes for Willow and Woodie.

I agree with whoever it was that mentioned dislike for having to make another lighter for willow. Shadow fires, shadow lighter... just seems like adding too much when balance changes should be done with light touch. (Granted, when it came to the DS to DST change for willow, it was more like a hard slap!) Adding a whole new playing concept when you probably could tweak existing items just turns me off personally.

As a Woodie main ,I really dislike the change to losing out on the planting seed for sanity concept. In fact, the entire change for Woodie thing seems to be only about upgrading werebeaver. While I agree werebeaver needed some love, don't take away Woodie's self-sustaining playstyle! It's the main reason I started to really like him in DST. I know it was given to him for the sole reason of the massive sanity drain werebeaver causes, so I understand the reasoning, but can you just half the sanity loss/gain of werebeaver/seed planting respectively instead?

Woodie fanboying below...

Spoiler

One thing people seem to think is that Woodie doesn't really 'have a role' to fulfill in groups. His only strength, so people said, was his log gathering prowess (and early twiggy tree cutting), and I suppose fast killer of poison birchnut guardians). But the thing is, Woodie excels in being a self-sustaining character. He can quickly lower and increase his sanity through werebeaver trandformations and planting tree seeds. His beard gives him that little extra oomph needed for surviving winter (added it with a warmth item for the extra few seconds helps in long run). An axe that doesn't run out saves on flint in the beginnings (or after losing it in some sort of accident), as well as twigs.

Now what does self-sustaining do for the group? It allows him to explore very easily, surviving off the land fairly well (stock up on birchnuts in autumn/farm birchnutters other seasons for food, planting seeds for sanity whenever he needs it). I know some may say Wigfrid is self-sustainign since she has healing and sanity regained as she fights, but I personally found having to chop wood with her so tedious when she could be fighting. Doesn't necessarily make Woodie easier/better, but he's more well-equipped with multitasking than a specifc area. Personally, if I was wigfrid, i'd want people to supply me with basic things while i go scrounge up the food or take aggro off ya.

Also when it comes to Wigfrid vs Woodie, I get bored of Wigfrid faster since she is so easy :p

It also allows him to play fill-in for roles when you are losing others because he does them just fine as well. I suppose he's like a Wilson+ since his only drawback is the werebeaver which can be solved by always keeping at least a stack and change of logs on you)

... I like the ideas, but Werebeaver still isn't that great with this.  Sure, you got no nightmares, but it doesn't matter if you can't heal.  Plus, the stat drop on Woodie is nerfing him along with removing pinecone sanity.

4 minutes ago, Mario384 said:

... I like the ideas, but Werebeaver still isn't that great with this.  Sure, you got no nightmares, but it doesn't matter if you can't heal.  Plus, the stat drop on Woodie is nerfing him along with removing pinecone sanity.

Oops, looks like I forgot to list some other changes:

Damage taken as the werebeaver is removed from the log meter before health, with 60% reduction
    Gains 20% of log meter gains as health when eating as the Werebeaver

Question, can you extend Willow's fire immunity by a few seconds? Like, at least long enough to cook something over magma and live through being set ablaze?

Edit: May the Shadow Torcher's torchlight be turned off while disengaged to be used later rather than just not being so close to Maxwell?

Edit x2: May I also suggest that if the beaver turns back into Woodie at night, that Woodie gets a spawn light around him for the night? It worked just fine with the old Woodie mod before he was added.

I really like these(refulable amulets hype). Probably gonna download it when it's out.

My biggest issue though, @rezecib, if we need a guardian horn to revive Guardian, how will it be useful? Since we'll only get 1 horn, use it on the ghost, get 1 horn, etc.

Or does it return infusing horn upon death?

10 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

• Willow is no longer something only griefers and @Mantas plays;

Shots fired meblos.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

My biggest issue though, @rezecib, if we need a guardian horn to revive Guardian, how will it be useful? Since we'll only get 1 horn, use it on the ghost, get 1 horn, etc.

You can use the horn to resurrect it once every 20ish days, but it respawns on its own at the beginning of summer. The idea is that you can't get more than one horn per year (like deerclops eyeballs), but you can get its drops more often, and its drops are a great way to get renewable thulecite and ruins equipment.

And yes, if you infuse the horn and the 8 meat, it'll work just like a normal ancient guardian, so it'll drop all of its drops again when you kill it.

3 minutes ago, rezecib said:

You can use the horn to resurrect it once every 20ish days, but it respawns on its own at the beginning of summer. The idea is that you can't get more than one horn per year (like deerclops eyeballs), but you can get its drops more often, and its drops are a great way to get renewable thulecite and ruins equipment.

And yes, if you infuse the horn and the 8 meat, it'll work just like a normal ancient guardian, so it'll drop all of its drops again when you kill it.

Forgot about the chest too.

This is actually a really good feature. I like it.

(And I need to see how his ghost looks. For...research purposes)

3 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

(And I need to see how his ghost looks. For...research purposes)

It looks like a shadow version of him, which moves in slow motion, has no collision, and does no damage. As you infuse stuff in, he gradually gets faster and looks more lifelike.

This is really impressive, I hope these changes will make it to the game, at least some of them. For the thermometer, implement a disease system, but make the thermometer slightly smaller ^^

This is really impressive, I hope these changes will make it to the game, at least some of them. For the thermometer, implement a disease system, but make the thermometer slightly smaller ^^

11 minutes ago, Gigibyte said:

To make willow more useful, Just make her be able to put out burning buildings, items, etc. and she would get a small sanity boost but makes her health go down. anybody thinks this is a good idea?

Everyone should be able to put out fires. Like, make a bucket you can fill with water from a pond, that'd work.

As for the edits here, I feel like adding multiple lighters for Willow would be more useful as skins and would need tons of balancing if they were items themselves.

3 minutes ago, Schism_989 said:

Ice isn't always readily avaliable. As a subsitute, and common sense, water bucket. There's a Bucket o' Poop, so why not Bucket o' Water?

Water balloons?

*They work better than normal ice*

10 minutes ago, Schism_989 said:

Yeah, a Pyromaniac Griefer comes on, hammers the Flingomatics, you still have a bucket of water/water balloons on hand.

I've got the best idea of all, enable friendly fire vote for a griefer

Archived