HERE COMES THE JUMP KICK (an art and cosplay thread)

3 hours ago, Bebbit said:

Oh, neat. I thought that was Drawpile; the chat interface looks exactly the same. Is it pseudo-infinite like World of Text? Are there different servers?

Wait, I don't have you on Steam... add me? My url is /id/bebbit. Maybe we could meet up on iScribble.

Things are separated into different "boards" and boards have different categories, i.e. roleplay, games, or general art. There are also private boards and public boards. Public is open for anyone to enter, and private requires an invite, so you can have the privacy if needed. After you're invited to a priv, you can re-enter that session whenever you want. Which is neat. No hosts are needed.

And sure! I sent an invite. ^^

• Like 1

So much artz! 0_0

Ok first off, that Maxwell Tutorial is actually pretty funny :P\

Also Wilson standing up for Webber like he's his own son... ok saying it like that actually makes the situation sound somewhat sweeter than the comic itself XD Suffer.

Webber's so cute in that next image though ^u^ and those devils... is that me? Idk what's even happening in that pic :p

• Like 2

Had some ideas for in-game (DST) mechanics for Whitford.

@YzarcCreations and I have already established his base stats being 120 Hunger, 200 Sanity, 102 Health, with a 12+/min sanity buff.

-Dapper, but frail
-Dabbles with shadows
-Harbours an extreme brotherly bond

Spoiler

This is about halfway between Max's stats and Wilson's stats, usually leaning more towards Max. With any possible buff, we added a discount on the Hunger Meter... which will make managing his main perk difficult.

The Umbra, instead of creating seemingly mindless shadow servants, instead manifests a clone body for his brother Whitley to inhabit.

However because their souls are jointed, Whitley has two modes: stationary and freelance.

STATIONARY MODE:

Requires: Codex Umbra, 3 nightmare fuel

xU3b2x9.png

Lee is summoned. This raises Ford's hunger meter from 120 to 200, as he is essentially supporting two beings now. He can eat more, but it depletes quicker. Also, having a mischievous brother talking your ear off probably isn't easy on the nerves. Having Lee summoned completely nullifies his 12+/min sanity buff. Being dapper can only get you so far...

FREELANCE MODE:

Here's where it gets pretty intense.

Requires: Codex Umbra, 9 nightmare fuel, 1 telltale heart

0ZTbrhS.png

This completely gives Lee his own form, dragging Ford's consciousness into it with him. This makes him "playable" as you are technically playing Whitford, in his brother's body.

UrYlIFD.png

Lee's base stats are as follows:

150 Hunger, 100 Sanity, 600 Health

Now, you might be saying, HOLY COW THAT'S A LOT OF HEALTH but, he might need it.

Lee loses health in the sunlight, and is considerably weaker during the day. (8-12 damage per second, depending on the season and severity of the sunlight) It requires copious amounts of shade to take the edge off the damage. Unfortunately, trees and umbrellas may be his only option, because Lee is unable to wear gear, so depending on the severity of light, this may not be enough to completely nullify the damage at all. 

(The only exception to the clothing rule is nightmare armor, which would actually keep him safe from the sunlight damage.)

Lee has a speed multiplier during night, as well as night vision. He does NOT regen health during night, but he has no sanity penalty in the dark.

His attack, without a weapon, is similar to Charlie's night attack. The main difference being that he is not omnipresent. He has to be directly in front of the mob, similar to punching. Damage is as such.

Day: 5 HP
Dusk: 50 HP
Night: 100 HP (he can one-shot a spider!)

However, if he uses a weapon, at ANY time of day, default weapon damage is reduced by x0.7. (So you're better off using a spear at day, and punching at night.)

Now the tricky part. Whitford's body is still alive and you have to tend to it. Whitford cannot be moved so plan accordingly when you activate Lee. You should be able to check Ford's stats while his body is dormant, but you will have to force-feed him and manage his health. This leaves him very vulnerable to mobs and hound attacks. He can also very easily starve to death. (However, sanity isn't a problem since the body is 'sleeping'.)

Should Whitford die while Lee is activated, both of you will die. Lee will drop everything he has and flammable items will combust in a shadow flame.

If Lee dies, he drops all his items and some nightmare fuel (2-3) and Ford wakes up.

So what do you guys think?

• Like 8

I scream yes to the heavens

this sounds so freaking beast, ahhhhh I love it so much. Lee is so creepy but .... ;w; so cute! (I'm a ******* weirdo :P) but man! That wowie! Ahaha is gonna be hella fun! Might as well barracade Whitford in a wall enclosed base while being Lee. 

I was wondering, will Lee be able to phase through walls or would this make him solid if he gets his body in Freelance mode?

Edited by YzarcCreations

3 hours ago, YzarcCreations said:

Might as well barracade Whitford in a wall enclosed base while being Lee. 

I was wondering, will Lee be able to phase through walls or would this make him solid if he gets his body in Freelance mode?

He'd still be restricted by walls and barricades like other players.

Caging Whitford's body up would be a good means of protection but you'd have to break a wall down every so often to feed him.

Edited by WPH
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, WPH said:

Yeah, no kidding... Oh, well. A man can dream and design...

To be honest, most if not all of the character's mechanics sound completely plausible. All of the mechanics can be done using the basic Lua and repurposing existing mechanics. Just would require a TON of experimentation, looking through the games, code, bugfixing, and dedication.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'm getting metal gear Snake vibes from this design. 

Some people have already called him "(Solid) Snake" and "Big Boss" to his face. He was confused to say the least.

nOyrmQn.png gv6NryL.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Also, Wilson turned into Rick Sanchez.

What? Does it look like he has a--oh god. It does look like he has a uni-brow... What have I done, this was a mistake...

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Onto your piece, man, you have your own distinct style and pallet. I like the whole burn touch to the colors and how intense the expressions.

Thank you! Heheh, sometimes I wish it wasn't so unique, and gracious do I stink with colours... but I'm overall pretty happy with how it turned out (for now. come the morning, I might be full of Regret™)

It's strange, as an artist I feel like my expressions aren't free or wild enough, but I've gotten many, many compliments for my expressions in the past... I suppose I should be happy about that! Thank you! ^^

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Maxie's nose was the first thing of the entire painting I noticed. This is a well-drawn Maxwell.

Thank you, I'm quite flattered. I take great pride in my Maxwells.

ZuIDpQL.png

• Like 5