Ninjanemo's art thread thingy

1 minute ago, minespatch said:
  1. I was confused for a moment but those shadow highlights under the surfboard are a really nice touch.
  2. Now I really want to see Jaime Hewlette do his take on the characters.

1. Well I also made a lot of very subtle color changes and added some sun rays and stuff :)

2. That would be awesome, especially because his whole "odd and cartoonish" style already kinda fits Don't Starve.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

1. IS that Wigfrid as a CIA operative?

2. Wickerbottom looks like she's ready to go to the club.

1. Or just a real estate agent... Don't ask me why I drew it tho.

2. Well I was thinking more fine dinner at first, but I guess the fishnets kinda ruin that whole idea :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

Everyone has normal colored flesh but then you get to Maxwell. Mister Purple Boxnose.:wilson_sneaky:

Actually I colored all their noses ears a bit differently depending on age and stuff. Ex. Wilsons ears and nose has a peachy red color, while Woodie's is a bit more greyed out and pale orange-y. I just love giving my drawings small details like that :)

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

You forgot Webber and Wigfrid :/

Still good non the less ^_^

Well actually I just drew the original characters, as I wrote in the post too. Wigfrid and Webber are part of the RoG dlc. I'll probably draw the dlc characters later though (including shiprekt).

9 hours ago, Starthefox said:

Cute! I like your art style.

Thanks! I also put a bit of thought into it too, like the solid blacks only rule instead of Klei's rule with scribbled blacks only.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

Well actually I just drew the original characters, as I wrote in the post too. Wigfrid and Webber are part of the RoG dlc. I'll probably draw the dlc characters later though (including shiprekt).

Ah ok. Looking forward to it then :)

10 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

I also put a bit of thought into it too, like the solid blacks only rule instead of Klei's rule with scribbled blacks only.

I used to do that with my DS drawings as well but changed to scribbled black... earlier this year, I think.

It's been wayy too long since the last time I posted here so let's spark it up again, shall we?

Here's an angery Wilson. Why is he so pissed you ask? Someone stole all the friggin meatballs from the fridge for the third time this day!

5abaa7f63d480_AngeryWilson.thumb.png.14c96196f0ae2f01f999a555ccb53155.png

Here's a lil' radioman. He has bolts for ears so he uses the antenna to hear.

Radioman.thumb.png.b9c1aea15c0f03a35998db5a8104bbd6.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2016 at 12:42 PM, Ninjanemo said:

So I made these lil' paintings of Wilson and Webber, and I just thought I'd share 'em with you guys. Also if you have some critique about them, please feel free to tell me :)

Wilson normal.pngWilson beard.png

Webber.png

These are really good. I like how well they resemble the characters - No crazy anime here, just Wilson in all his glory. (And webber)

I don't see any problem with Wilson's hand, myself.

It depends on what you're aiming for. If you're aiming for realism, then, well, the style of the game isn't photo-realistic, so that requires some interpretation anyway.  If aiming a little closer to  the game's style, then your Wilson is great. 

If you want to get a little closer to the style still, I'd just mention some things about Webber. Before I do, he's a pretty good Webber, great expression for him, and rather cute.

If wishing for him to resemble the original Webber a little more, I might suggest making his eyes a little bigger/closer, and looking at a reference of Webber for the position of his 'extra' eyes. 

latest?cb=20161205062447

As far as extra eyes go, he has one pair above his main pair, and two pairs somewhat below the main pair.  And a weird very small, triangular set found above and between the main pair. 

However, this is only relevant if aiming for a Game-accurate Webber. If not, then it doesn't matter - This it still a fetching depiction of him, whatever way you choose to go.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:26 PM, Ninjanemo said:

Here's a lil' radioman. He has bolts for ears so he uses the antenna to hear.

Radioman.thumb.png.b9c1aea15c0f03a35998db5a8104bbd6.png

This WX-78 Is really cute.  ^^  I can tell he's standing in a swamp, too. 

Marching to the Throne to rule the world, huh?

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 4:06 AM, gallusvarius said:

These are really good. I like how well they resemble the characters - No crazy anime here, just Wilson in all his glory. (And webber)

Thanks alot man, appreciate it :)

However, this is only relevant if aiming for a Game-accurate Webber. If not, then it doesn't matter - This it still a fetching depiction of him, whatever way you choose to go.

Yeah, I believe I was just drawing them both from memory when I did those drawings, to make sure they didn't look WAY too alike the real game.

This WX-78 Is really cute.  ^^  I can tell he's standing in a swamp, too. 

Marching to the Throne to rule the world, huh?

Well yeah, the only other alternative is to stay with those good-for-nothing mortal fleshlings :p

9 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

Yeah, I believe I was just drawing them both from memory when I did those drawings, to make sure they didn't look WAY too alike the real game.

That would make sense, and not a bad idea. 

9 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

Well yeah, the only other alternative is to stay with those good-for-nothing mortal fleshlings

Of course, of course. Even without a true nose, he can smell their filthy stench...
He'll have to use human-stench-removal-spray on the throne though, because everyone else went and sat on it. 

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2016 at 10:11 PM, Ninjanemo said:

Maxwell gif.gif

It's currently 5 AM in the morning for me, and this is what I spend my time on...

My goodness! Not only is this Maxwell very accurate and in-generally a good Maxwell, but he's ANIMATED. Smoothly animated too. 
The voodoo dolls and pins are also notable, of course.   Amusing at the least.    Webber over there looks horrified though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1