Shipwrecked Update - 181038 - 06/15/2016

JoeW

Additions & Changes:

• Shipwrecked and RoG support in the mod uploader
  • Revised grammar & fixed typos in many strings!
  • Merged several string changes from DST.
  • Adjusted some strings to bring them in-line with established lore.
  • Added/Fixed/Tweaked some sounds.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issues with hound spawning related to moving between SW and Vanilla worlds.
  • Fixed Catcoon Den Crash
  • Fixed a crash on saveindex related to world options on SW compatible RoG worlds
  • Fixed adventure mode crash on SW compatible Vanilla worlds without RoG installed
  • Fixed a crash where GetClosestTile would crash due to a negative index on volcano
  • Fixed a bug where Wilbur would talk when repairing walls
  • Fixed a bug where the inventory grave would reset everytime players jumped between worlds, allowing for infinite item farming
  • Coffee now lasts for its full duration.
  • Locomotor speed modifier timers now respect long update.
  • You can no longer select invalid inventory slots using a controller.
  • Several items that should not have been inspectable can no longer be inspected when using a controller.

HOTFIX- fixed farm crash and volcano staff crash.

This sounds great! Two bugs that I think are kind of annoying though, is how Flotsam despawns forever and never comes back. I've only seen Flotsam the first time in Autumn when I first found the boat, and I tried to come back on subsequent trips to find more Flotsam. This only seemingly happens when a save is made SW compatible.

The second bug might sound weird, but when I made a SW compatible save with RoG, the invisible wall that separated the land and sea seemingly lost its ability to stop items from going past it. When the items do go past the wall, the item(s) continue to stay above the ocean and don't disappear. I attached an example of the second bug, but let me know if it doesn't show.

219740_screenshots_20160615003308_1.jpg

edit: never mind, I'm dumb. I was probably using the wrong seaworthy prefab.

While I have your attention I might as well throw this in here. IsDLCEnabled doesn't work for RoG. In that same RoG, SW-activated world, it returned SW true and RoG false. Currently in the process of writing up a workaround, but it'd be nice if there was a proper way to find out what DLC is enabled. 

I'm excited about any updates and bug fixes with Don't Starve/Shipwrecked because I love it, however I played five minutes and already experienced a crash and a bug with the farms (I harvested everything but the image of the veggie is still there and I can't plant another seed). Pretty weird. 

@JoeW

The game crashed when I attempted to pick a vegetable from an Improved Farm with an RoG world compatible with SW, but the SW part of the save had not been made yet. I turned off the only mod I had (Geometric Placement), started a new world in RoG with Maxwell and said yes to the SW screen prompt. I used the console, and made an Improved Farm with a random seed. I quickly grew it, and tried to pick it. The game promptly crashed. I have an image of the crash screen, if that helps.

Crash screen.jpg

1 hora atrás, Maslak disse:

OMG É Só Porque @LordKhaver . ELES fizeram ESTA Actualização ágora parágrafo apaziguá-lo!

Louvado Seja o Senhor KHAVER

until in the end klei more we have in mind, and only the beginning of the bug fixes waiting for the next patch I hope an optimization now in the SW was a good start congratulations klei now let's fight for more bug fixes waiting for the next patch's to be able to play still, and they have fixed a few of the mountains that has ai let's wait

Anything about a fix for time and calendar desyncs caused by entering the caves and ruins in a SW/RoG merged world? A while ago at the start of Mild season I traveled to RoG from shipwrecked and entered the ruins, but when I came back to SW after about a half an hour of ruins exploration, it skipped ahead to the end of Monsoon season.

I've had the same thing as King Dedede--in my case, it was The Amazing Flying Goat!  A Volt Goat herd spawned right near a coastline, and one goat was not only over the water a little bit, but WAAAY over, like, sometimes not even on the screen when I first got there!  Even weirder, he/she _couldn't_ get back on land..

Look, Ma!  No hooves!

And this is a mild example. When it was waaaay off over the ocean, it was hard to take a picture of...because it was almost off the screen.

Poor, lonely goat, forever seperated from the herd...

EDIT:  Very, very stupid question, but...how can you tell if you've got the newest update or not? Does it do it automatically, or...?

...Notorious

It looks like the ported over some of the new sounds from DST, such as placing structures as well as new icebox sounds.

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

EDIT:  Very, very stupid question, but...how can you tell if you've got the newest update or not? Does it do it automatically, or...?

...Notorious

Should update automatically, if not you should have been promoted before launching the game. You can press backspace and check to see if that rev is 181038. There was a hotfix though so I assume it's not actually 181038 anymore.

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I've had the same thing as King Dedede--in my case, it was The Amazing Flying Goat!  A Volt Goat herd spawned right near a coastline, and one goat was not only over the water a little bit, but WAAAY over, like, sometimes not even on the screen when I first got there!

Did you say yes to the on-screen prompt that asks whether or not you want to make the save SW compatible?

We can't forget the bad optimization of the SW until because when the days go by it seems that the lag increases without having anything close up pc's that have run a lot more heavy on the ultra having problems with lag in SW

Oh, yeah.  I should've mentioned that.   Yep, Shipwrecked compatible. Though I never got around to making the Seaworthy.  MAJOR lack of treeguards in that world...(I set them to "less", but there weren't any Totally Normal Trees, either!  And less is not none.)

That was also the run on which I suffered the Summer of Death, (2 deaths in one day even WITH thermal stone, straw hat, umbrella and tree!) but other times I made a game Shipwrecked compatible that didn't happen, so...

...Notorious

Archived