Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

FreyaMaluk

(language pack) Missing strings in strings.pot file

FreyaMaluk    5,024

I followed these instructions, http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/10292-creating-a-translation-using-the-po-format/ but I keep finding some in-game lines that weren't on the base file.

Some examples: (string in EN when examining)

- California Roll

- Wild Bore

These cannot be translated, they are not in the file, even after combining them all together into a single file.

Don't know what to do here.

CarlZalph    3,168
9 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I followed these instructions, http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/10292-creating-a-translation-using-the-po-format/ but I keep finding some in-game lines that weren't on the base file.

Some examples: (string in EN when examining)

- California Roll

- Wild Bore

These cannot be translated, they are not in the file, even after combining them all together into a single file.

Don't know what to do here.

Are you using the file in: dont_starve/data/DLC0002/scripts/languages/strings.pot ?

This pot file seems to have the California roll and wild bore:

#. STRINGS.NAMES.CALIFORNIAROLL
msgctxt "STRINGS.NAMES.CALIFORNIAROLL"
msgid "California Roll"
msgstr ""

#. STRINGS.NAMES.WILDBORE
msgctxt "STRINGS.NAMES.WILDBORE"
msgid "Wildbore"
msgstr ""

FreyaMaluk    5,024

Yeap... that one... I don't mean the names though... those I have... I mean the lines of dialogue when the characters examine things.

39 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Are you using the file in: dont_starve/data/DLC0002/scripts/languages/strings.pot ?

This pot file seems to have the California roll and wild bore:

#. STRINGS.NAMES.CALIFORNIAROLL
msgctxt "STRINGS.NAMES.CALIFORNIAROLL"
msgid "California Roll"
msgstr ""

#. STRINGS.NAMES.WILDBORE
msgctxt "STRINGS.NAMES.WILDBORE"
msgid "Wildbore"
msgstr ""

CarlZalph    3,168
19 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Yeap... that one... I don't mean the names... those I have... I mean the lines of dialogue when the characters examine things.

Mmm, you're right.

The .pot file doesn't seem to contain all of the description lines that are present in the character speech files.

The devs have an autogen program that makes the file really easily and painlessly as far as I can tell.

I don't know who at Klei specifically works on the languages, unfortunately.

@Bigfoot Since you posted the original thread about translations, could you or someone you have in contact with regen the strings.pot for Don't Starve DLC0002?

Maybe @Ipsquiggle since you come to the forums so often?

FreyaMaluk    5,024
5 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Mmm, you're right.

The .pot file doesn't seem to contain all of the description lines that are present in the character speech files.

The devs have an autogen program that makes the file really easily and painlessly as far as I can tell.

I don't know who at Klei specifically works on the languages, unfortunately.

@Bigfoot Since you posted the original thread about translations, could you or someone you have in contact with regen the strings.pot for Don't Starve DLC0002?

Thanks for the answer.... I hope this can be resolved ASAP. People are kinda writing to me like crazy about this and reporting the missing strings as "errors," which bothers me a lot.

Ipsquiggle    5,230

Hey folks, I forwarded this to the Shipwrecked team, we'll see about getting this fixed! Thanks for bringing it up.