A legitimate message I would like to ask and show.

G

Hello, as you may or may not know me, I am just a ****poster, artist and a modder. i doubt you, the reader, even know that i ever did 2 of those things. which, i won't blame you for. but going back to what i've wanted to convey. something i've noticed about most of the people whom i've encountered so far within klei is that all of them seem to only look at what i do in a more "physical" way rather then mentally. what do i mean by that? well, i guess all i'm saying is is that people don't seem to see it the way i would like them to see it. they all seem to only look at the "outer" part of... well, my art rather than care to venture into what i've wanted them to see. is it something i've done wrong? had i been conveying my messages the wrong way this whole time? or is it that people seem to not have much appreciation towards what i do? admittedly, i enjoyed the compliments from the start. but at one point, it's just gonna make me about as insecure as i was from the start, seeing that no one seems to care enough to even follow tiny instructions. in fact, all they do is give me a compliment that doesn't even link to what i wanted from the start. nowadays, all the compliments here mean nothing, seeing that all they comment about is the art rather then what i intend for them to see. it aggravates me to see my work go to waste. it's weird how everyone function just as similarly as people in real life. all the people whom i really are nearby to are just 15 year olds such as i. people here are bound to be older, no? i seem to be somewhat older mentally, so they should be too, right? well, it turns out, either everyone is not as old as i mentally, or i just function so weirdly. i'm usually what you call the "odd-one-out". i chose to be whom i am in real life. but here. reason? because they are just kids. immature, idiotic kids. i was expecting most of the people here to understand how i functioned. but once more, i am the odd-one-out here, just like anywhere else. what is it i have to do to finally get you to see what i've wanted others to see? do i have to constantly hold up a sign that says "read the description please"? all i've ever wanted from a person was to finally see what i've had cooped up for the past 4 years. i've created a world of magnitude, yet as the days pass by, all it is is just any other old portrait. just for display to never have its story told. why? because no one really has the effort to care enough for it. it hurts to see something you've worked on for so long never go as intended. is what i do that boring for you all not to care all that much? i do not care for any recognition, but what i want is to show others what i've done. what i've created. the first time i had posted my art was just to see if it looked good or not. huzzah, it did look good. second time i had posted my art was to see if anyone would have cared enough to see all the stories behind each and every one character. their roles. their purposes. all i had ever gained was just comments that barely link to what i've wanted to hear from them. criticisms. opinions on the stories. nope. only 1-2 out of 14-15 people had the effort to really do what i've instructed. it pains to see it all go to waste. it really does. you all seem somewhat lucky, seeing that everything seems to go your way. whether it'd be forum games, or other art threads. do i actually have to get recognition just to have what i've wanted fulfilled? i strive just to hope someone sees it, just to have that hope broken onto het ground, shattered in bits and pieces. what do i have to do to finally make you see it? i've given up to try showing my world in real life. but i never thought it would've been the same through here. i though individuals here were open enough to see my world. but i feel as though i shouldn't even bother anymore. even then, would anyone even care enough to read this thread? that's my next worry. but if no one will acknowledge this. i understand. all i'd really have to say to you all is; "goodbye, goodday, goodnight and good riddance!".

I don't really understand why you're calling everyone an immature, idiotic kid, especially considering how you've probably not met some of the people that'd rather spend their time in the Off-Topic section like me. And why do you feel the need to? Most of the people here are much more mature than a child. It seems unfair that you'd consider everyone a buffoon when you haven't met the rest that are actually mature, responsible, and intelligent people.

Now I feel really bad, thanks. I didn't request anything because I don't have anything to request. I didn't say "yey" or "nay" because it is your choice and yours alone and my opinion on it should not bias you. Or at least I didn't get the impression that you want your children of mind get skewed and blemished. This is solely my impression, you have to ask the others about their personal opinions.

Having read the above wall of text, I realise just how wrong I was. If you wouldn't have accepted any opinion and acknowledged the inevitable transformation of your ideas, you wouldn't have posted them. And this, this misunderstanding is entirely my fault, because I have secret, untainted concepts, and yet failed to see the difference.

Of course this is directed at multiple people, but seeing as the straw that broke the camel's back is mine...

EDIT: As a reaction to @Ysulyan below, I want to point out that short-story authors are exceptionally good at catching the readers attention immediately. Take a look at Edgar Poe and how his stories start with bold, strong statements and pretty much immediately create a tiny plot.

Just in case you are afraid that people would be too bored to read your stuff.

We're all the "odd-one-out" as no two people are the same in the world. Everyone, including you, is unique and they always think differently about things nowadays. Sure, some people think positively and negatively, but that's not the point that I'm trying to make. The point that I'm trying to make is you shouldn't feel too hung up about what you do, only to get little to no feedback from other people, especially with the compliments. Compliments are positive but they can be easily missed by the insults.

And, I'll be honest with you, G: your art is really good and you're a good friend. There's no need to feel insecure, my friend. :)

Before I start, I'd like to say that I am writing this as if talking to an unknown listener and is by no means directed to anyone in particular.

When I was younger, I created a world. In this world, many characters were made. They lived in a community, they lived under a single banner, they were the last of the civilization after a massive war and they were forced to stay there for years. At first, the elements were at war, blaming each other for the--

And that's when most people usually stop reading

So... Let's see... The curse of all lore-writers is that they have to cope with people think that they already know what they are going to read, expecting clichés and old, dull and boring plots. Annoying as it is, this brings us, the writers, to an impasse. It is not the fault of the emitter, but the receptor, forged after years of misconceptions.

Personally, I have built lore around my dragon character for almost 10 and a half years. His world has a living community and I visit it within my mind every night before bed as if it was some sort of mobile app game. I check it and revise it, I organize it and meld it. I talk to my characters, man. The past is written as well as the present and the future is forged with planned thought or sometimes even permanently changed through RPs.

The thing is, sometimes people tend to not share their lore, because they fear that their ideas might be stolen.  Due to this, most people who are very fondly protective of their lore don't share it but others that don't give a damn usually write the aforementioned cliché-based story-lines. But this does not mean you are one of those people, hear me out:

Because of this, because most people post predictable plots, the common misconception that people write dull and boring stories increases. People think that everyone under the age of 20 that publishes lore is just writing fanfics when this is not actually true. This leads to people not commenting about it or straightforwardly ignoring the writing.
Christopher Paolini is the author of the famous book "Eragon" and its saga. He started writing the book at your age PRIVATELY and then published it to become a massively read series.

This is why bestsellers and most of the historical books are immortalized throughout generations, because they appear out of the blue, they are original and they are exciting. And they are NOT SHARED.
This created a sickening conventionality within the writing spectrum.

Do the simple equation of the common misconception:

best sellers=original ideas, whereas fanfics=unoriginal
best sellers=hidden lore, whereas fanfics=shown lore

This usually leads to people thinking that everything that appears in forums, communities, social media, etc, etc, is all boring crap.

Common misconception scratched out of the list, let us move on to the next subject at hand: people are sometimes busy. This is something that everybody knows but we need to cope with it as well, people sometimes don't have enough time to offer criticism every single time someone else posts something, this increases as you get older and that's the reason why you see little difference between your immature classmates and most of the grown up users here. I am to blame too. I read your lore but I didn't comment about it. It does not mean I disliked it.

When we share anything (and I do mean anything), we are automatically acknowledging that people won't always comment about stuff, even if you are asking for it. Asking leaves us with the choice of saying yes or no as an answer, that's why it is a question. Could you read my lore and comment? Could you criticize about it? These are questions and people have the freedom of choice. When you directly point out that others should read and criticize you are being stern and this is not a good strategy; we don't force something upon others because nobody likes that. Hell, even I post art in my art thread and sometimes I get no comments at all, simply likes. I don't mind it, and I don't care because it's just personal art. He or she who wants to comment is free to do so.

The general way of facing things is how I usually face it: pretty much ask and wait... Just ask and wait and someone will eventually get hooked, just like fishing. Art is a discipline when it comes to criticism. In all my years posting stuff in DA I never got a single serious criticism. But I learned anyways because I look at criticism from randoms made to other people; I tried to criticize myself starting from that point and expecting what people would say. This is teaching nº1 in Graphic Design too: learn to criticize your own stuff. If you really love something and if you really appreciate art, you'd know that everything within the spectrum of art is free and subjective. Nothing makes sense but it does in a way.

I'd write more about this but, you know.
TL;DR addicts ;v)

from what i have seen and heard, the reason you don't really get what you wanted is because you barely link the two together. It's called Vent art for a reason. now for the "vent art", it doesn't really look that much like vent art, just a pile of different OCs. if you want to give others a visual hint, turn the feeling/idea into a concept, ie if you feel sad, make/take a character and use it to give off that sad feeling. if you don't really know how to convey the feeling/idea into the drawing, google up symbolism that represent said feeling/idea.

lets look at one of your art and "dissect" it (im just going off personal experience. I'm a mostly self taught artist)

13199576_1276294939066138_1814424612_o.jpg

tears may be a common theme for sadness, but what it just looks like is the character is having a bad day. if you wanted the character to give off the sad feeling, dont just throw tears on it and be all like "this is super sad guys", use colors, different poses, and maybe even other objects other then guns. look at other drawings of sadness or other feelings/ideas to help you.

1 hour ago, G said:

you all seem somewhat lucky, seeing that everything seems to go your way.

ok let me just

ok

first of all

I grew up self loathing

my sister and brother are much more mentally unstable then i am, thus my mom payed more attention to them, and i was left in the shadows. how are they mentally unstable? my sister has chronic depression and has attempted suicide many times, and my brother is just straight up a danger to others if he doesn't get his way. how does this link to the quote? the reason most of my art is morbid and somewhat sad is because its me trying to reflect on what has happened to me in the past. I still remember my neighbor pinning me against the wall by my neck for saying something i didn't know any better because i was 8 at the time. not only that, I have low functioning autism, anxiety, and depression, and guess what my dad says about it? he calls bull to the sh*t that i have anxiety and depression. My sister, though how much i love her, she makes my feelings feel less important. My mom had to raise three children on her own when she was 17. Both of my parents have major flaws, my mom seems almost bipolar depressed, and my dad is just abusive.

1 hour ago, G said:

i strive just to hope someone sees it, just to have that hope broken onto het ground, shattered in bits and pieces.

the main reason i made a thread on here was so try to make up the fact my own mother made me feel neglected. back then, I couldn't be social without having a panic attack or stutter like a mumbling moron. back then, I didn't know that the cuts on my sister's arm was her actually showing me that she was self harming, i didn't know why i felt sad and alone, i didn't know how to tell others, i didn't know anything.

ok im done with this i suppose, i might have rambled too much and went very off topic.

@Mobbstar right, if you didn't really have anything to say that would relate with whatever the hell i'd asked for, please, shut it.

@Mack18853 apologies for making you all think that way, i can see i didn't really say enough. but really, i didn't mean to say you're all immature, no. you all are intelligent sentients. all i really wanted to compare you all to was just how you all react to it.

@The Noon Fish you went waaaayyy off topic. but i truly am sorry for what you've had to went through.

@Ysulyan i'd rather their comments be kept to themselves if it weren't to be linked towards it. though i must agree with what you say. i understand you guys are all busy and i won't force you into it. it just hurts whenever things you want taken seriously taken in a different direction entirely is all.

@Gamertron7500 please, i'm severely different compared to you all to the point i can't understand socializing anymore. sure, we're all different in our own ways, but still, we all have similarities. i don't even have a ******* phone like all my classmates do **** sake.

the hell do you even mean by "does what you want them to do"? and i know you guys aren't in my service. what, do you think i thought of myself as a reign here? i myself just said i don't care for recognition, you ****. we are only human, imbecile. i wouldn't expect literally everything to be done. just didn't expect this much not to be followed.

This makes no sense.

If you don't care, why being rude? If you're mean to everyone it means you care. If you really didn't care, you would have passed over what happened (which, again, was only attention seeking and no one was mean to you). If you don't care, just move on. Do something else other than arguing.

well, really, the only literal reason i'm still on this thread was because of you. i'm not even exaggerating. it's literally because of you and only you at this point. you can say whatever you think this thread is, you can think of what you think of me here. but why am i rude, you asked? it's just me i guess. well, whenever i have no respect for a person, that is. and that's you, i guess.

19 minutes ago, G said:

whenever i have no respect for a person, that is. and that's you, i guess.

I don't think anyone here likes you at this point. I know I don't. I'm not going to interact with you ever again. Go back to your """art""" and your really good mods. Goodbye. 

the only thing pretty much i can do is rate the art,and compliment it and appreciate it.That's because english is not my first language

but here i found a site that should help you.

2wnb7vb.jpg

http://www.reverso.net/spell-checker/english-spelling-grammar/

34sh63o.png

here:errorIcon.pngspellingIcon.pnguncertainIcon.pngsuggestionIcon.pngconjunctionIcon.pngunknownIcon.png the red ones is considered error because it's wrong and it corrects it.

2q0u139.png

2u9lq8z.png

2s9555k.png

9zn2tv.png

i hope this helped you,have a nice day my friend.

(I lost my long winded response because I refreshed the page by accident)

TL;DR version:

• Your art is good and the lore you made behind it is well-crafted...
  • You're a mature and open-minded individual, don't be the thing you don't like the most and exude maturity and open-mindedness; try to learn, observe, and accept that not everyone in the world even here (as we're all people behind screens with varying circumstances which we are all vaguely aware of) you're still young, and I accept that and don't hold that against you. You are a unique individual... everyone is unique in their own way... we must try and accept this.
  • Keep up the good work, I apologize for not critiquing your work, but to be fair, I read the first post and admired your work. Sadly, I could not make a reaction to it as I myself need more "Action" panels that would make my tired brain invest in the story. It's not your fault, it's my tired brain.
  • You might be resenting me for my words and I accept it. I only seek to enlighten yet I do say that this is a bit blunt to be easily accepted. I do not hold a grudge against you, and hopefully it is mutual... I had to learn things after failing, and from observation... the feel is also important... (for the next parts, I would recommend putting on some heart armor as I will try my best not to be so blunt... I apologize in advance)
  • sample.PNGStating that you yourself do not seem to care about your work does not translate well if you want to actually say that you have worked hard for these... people will take your lead and adopt the tone you have set as the primer... though most of the responses have been supportive to say the least...
  • Rewards are hard to come by... the rest of the art threads in this forums are teeming with praises; from rough sketches to works of professionals, from chicken scratches to masterpieces... people support... and yet we do not know if they are legitimate... all we can do is hope... want to find out if they actually like it? Post more... and don't hold anything against them, if you feel like they're not taking the bait, improve... everybody is in need of improvement all the time, from managing your sock drawer, to managing life, we all have to strive -- art, even more so...
  • I will still admire your work... I do not hold anything against you, I am merely trying to relay lessons in life that I have experienced... I do not blame you for lashing out after you feel like your work has been cast aside... though it wasn't cast aside...
Spoiler

I once bore my heart into something I like, to only have my efforts be for nothing... it's soul crushing... especially in a crowd... the teachers didn't listen when I said no... and pushed me to represent my class in a "pageant" of sorts... my parents were both abroad at the time, one was working in Saudi, the other on vacation in London... I had food/house bill allowance... I could not afford to buy flashy clothes... I humiliated myself... crushed the Q&A though... still got laughed at for 4 months... so what did I do? I owned the humiliation... they can't take something I hold onto... I made it my own... they couldn't use it against me anymore... how does this translate to you? Take it as you will (again, I am not antagonizing you, it could be hard at this point but dear reader, please bear with me)

• The world is unfair yet it is also rewarding... (the comments section of the link I gave would be a good read...)
  • This is all basically a crash course on "keeping an open mind". React to me as you will... though I do hope your maturity will shine through, I wish to be in good standing with you... though I do expect some miscommunication arising from all this as I must admit I did not phrase this any better... I hope that you will keep your burning passion and tend to it... add a little more heat and the world may yet feel its warmth... I hope to see your future endeavors...

Good day/night to you... 

G, the only reason we don't real long posts or lores all jammed together is cos it looks too long (and maybe even scary) to the human eye.

We are a naturally lazy race (no offense to anyone who disagrees!! ^^'). Even I myself, am quite lazy. Maybe if you broke your wall of text up into paragraphs, it'd seem easier to read. I try and do that with some of my posts though I try not to write too much (unless I have a lot of ideas in an RP thread :p )

Also, posting that many character and lores at one time is too much for us. Maybe if you just did two at a time, everyone would have read it. Spoilers can help too.

You should still be greatful though. You got likes and replies on your thread. Some people (including me) sometimes don't get replies when we post :/

And lastly (to be fair) grammar isn't always the easiest thing to understand. Heck, even I have trouble understanding some of the more uncommon symbols and stuff... and proper comma placements as well :p

it's odd how things only go your way if things get this serious. i really don't get the human mind. as much as i understand the differences and the similarities between everyone. i only seem to inherit the differences. and not in a good way. i actually can't understand human minds. they're complicated to me. and most probably vice versa. my mind can't really process other thoughts sometimes. i can only process those whom think just like me. which i can see is a one in a million chance. i do not wish for everyone to think like me no. but i just feel somewhat left out sometimes. i can barely interact with kids to the point i'm just 1 man sitting on one dining table during lunch. i look at around just to see who i really am sometimes. in fact, i'm probably loosing myself as the days go on. i really may just start being who i am now instead. as much as i miss my old self, it feels like something else is taking over :/

i dislike the feeling, but i may get used to it. i really am glad you all tried to make me feel better, and it did. i just feel like i'm not whom i used to be anymore.

Archived