Polishing Maxwell's New Design

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hey @rezecib, sorry I haven't gotten back to you about this. (I do recall telling you I would on the stream!)

We've given this some thought, and we're comfortable with Maxwell's mechanics as they are. There will inevitably be balance changes over time, but the character is playing as intended: We want the puppets to have a strong up-front cost/choice for the puppet abilities. So, I would recommend going full-tilt with your mod. (Which does work well, by the way!)

However, we are putting out a tweak so that you get back some fuel in the next patch, and the point about the sanity effects is valuable so we'll be looking at that as well.

As always, thanks for posting your detailed feedback! I really do appreciate it.

Edit: @vito improved the AI in a recent patch as well, I'd be glad to know if that has helped.

On the subject of Maxwell, i only have a minor question!
Earlier when you as Maxwell inspected the Gloomer statue he said;""Hey, that's not a statue of me!" And in one of the latest updates it was changed to: "Thank god it's not another wretched statue of me". (something in the lines of that)

What made Maxwell change his mind so fast? :D

5 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Go examine a Maxwell statue as Maxwell, then you'll see why he's so happy it's not a Maxwell statue.

"It seems silly now.." I am aware! But he did whine about it not being him until very recently!

Which is why I asked why (lore-wise) he changed his mind about it.

14 minutes ago, thesamon said:

"It seems silly now.." I am aware! But he did whine about it not being him until very recently!

@KrisRF probably couldn't think up of something brilliant, glamorous, MAGNANIMOUS!...

For him to say, so she didn't change at the time.:wilson_nerdy:

34 minutes ago, thesamon said:

The real reason is probably that all of his strings weren't updated at the same time to reflect his new, more humane personality.

Lore-wise, it doesn't take very long to go from revelation to feeling differently about the world around you.

Archived