Fidooop

Unnatural Selection General Discussion

ImDaMisterL

Wingle Bangle Gongle!

Message added by ImDaMisterL

_Q_    635

Not a fan of rainbow selection of Hounds, its boring, as they don't really provide any different way of danger and dealing with them will be mostly the same as for standard hounds. In other words complete waste of time, at some point reskins and recolors are not fun.

Fidooop    2592
3 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Not a fan of rainbow selection of Hounds, its boring, as they don't really provide any different way of danger and dealing with them will be mostly the same as for standard hounds. In other words complete waste of time, at some point reskins and recolors are not fun.

They will actually be fairly different! The only one that's similar to the current hounds will be the purple one... Green will avoid combat and target structures, orange will play with teleportation (putting you into danger and avoiding getting hit by you by tele-kiting), and yellow will run circles around you leaving a trail of electricity that stuns you if you step on it!

• Like 2

_Q_    635
1 minute ago, Fidooop said:

They will actually be fairly different! The only one that's similar to the current hounds will be the purple one... Green will avoid combat and target structures, orange will play with teleportation (putting you into danger and avoiding getting hit by you by tele-kiting), and yellow will run circles around you leaving a trail of electricity that stuns you if you step on it!

Ok, but do we really need more hounds to chew on?

What that will cause beside more need for tooth trap fields?

You can already manipulate all enemy attacks, they have long warning periods and are predictable.

So more drops from more Hounds, I would be looking on how to change current hound attacks and make them into wolf like predators that come for you silently during nights, but are a bit afraid of fire, stalking you and making you insane night by night.

Currrent wave like mechanic is totally not working and I was always against it.

Lumina    2147

Sometimes i wonder, reading some comments, if something is actually working in the game. Maybe i'm broken too since i enjoy it.

Chris1448    13231
1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

Ok, but do we really need more hounds to chew on?

The gems help, cause we're downgrading a handful of the ruins gems to be dropped by our new hounds, graves and the like. We're also moving the ancient gem amulets and staves to Tier 2 Magic. To make up for that though we're also making a handful of our own new gems that will be caves exclusive to make an assortment of new things in the ancient tab in a later update.

9 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

What that will cause beside more need for tooth trap fields?

Well if you don't want a random lightning bolt to destroy your base from a stray Yellow Hound you should add a lightning rod to your tooth trap field. You'd also need to go through the hassle of chasing the Green Hound onto the traps yourself or just build a science machine in the middle of the field and make sure it's far enough away from your base, your choice. And you gotta make sure you're sane when the Purple Hound dies and leaves a nightmare creature in its place, since shadows just outright ignore tooth traps. :p

19 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

You can already manipulate all enemy attacks, they have long warning periods and are predictable.

I think you'll find the Orange Hound to be quite unpredictable when he teleports around several different times, bites and repeats.

Though yeah a tooth trap field should make quick work of that admittedly... :chargrined:

12 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

So more drops from more Hounds, I would be looking on how to change current hound attacks and make them into wolf like predators that come for you silently during nights, but are a bit afraid of fire, stalking you and making you insane night by night.

Funnily enough the Purple Hounds come for you during the night and drain 10 of your sanity when they bite and on death. They aaaalso spawn a random nightmare creature in their place so make sure they don't drain too much of your sanity.

23 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Currrent wave like mechanic is totally not working and I was always against it.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(sorry didn't mean for this to end up as a wall of text)

• Like 3

NeddoFreddo    1053
7 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Update 1: For Our First Act...

What a great update name. Probably the least important aspect of the mod, lmao, but it just really fits the whole DS theme, like how Maxwell was a magician etc. 

Can't wait till this mod comes out, I will definitely get together with friends and give it a shot :)

• Like 4

DatShadowJK    2400
On 2016-5-29 at 11:05 PM, Fidooop said:

Hardmode Changes

Hide contents
  • Aggressive mobs will be more plentiful. (spider nests spawn more spiders, treeguards are more common, etc.)
  • Hound attacks now also spawn Wargs aswell
  • Charlie's attacks will have no warning and the time you can spend in darkness will be greatly reduced
  • Starving/overheating/freezing will be more punishing
  • Giants will spawn more frequently
  • Giants will be much more difficult to kill.
  • Solar Eclipse spider rain will now have the chance to rain Spider Warriors/Spitters/Hiders
  • Sometime after entering hardmode an alien spacecraft will crash land somewhere random on the island. Said spaceship will spawn aliens which will build up a nice little village for themselves to live in!
  • (more things will happen not sure what yet)

Don't Starve Terrar-

hehe

Edited by DatShadowJK
Don't Starve Terraria Confirmed
  • Like 3

ImDaMisterL    20359
59 minutes ago, Lumina said:

This feeling when you plan something for a mod and klei does it before you.

Always. But now we'll have proof!

Lumina    2147
Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

Always. But now we'll have proof!

At least i was lucky, most ideas i had i was unable to code them anyway, so it's better if Klei did it :D (Like moondial, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been able to manage doing something like this, even if the idea was cool)

• Like 2