Fidooop

Unnatural Selection General Discussion

ImDaMisterL    19,064
1 hour ago, Aeschwutz said:

Fidooop-senpai is working on his mod. Hihihihihihi, I'm screaming like a girl, hihihihihi. (NOTICE ME!!)

The mod's coming along quite nicely too :)

Can't wait to have a public version out for everyone!

ImDaMisterL    19,064
8 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

at least it isn't a dusk stalker................. o_o

Heh, good pun.

*falls on floor*

So... many... quotes...

• Like 3

Fidooop    2,409
5 hours ago, spiderdian said:

Must Resist

must_resist.jpg

Fan Arting 

3436097.jpg

• Like 4

ImDaMisterL    19,064

How and why was I not notified of this post? 0-0

Or maybe I was and skipped through the notification by accident... :p

• Like 1

Chris1448    11,916
17 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

Well, First I drew the Clockwork Pawn

I Though of him like a swarm turret, or those minions in Moba that try to get to your base.  I imagined them having some kind of spin attack, similar to moslings, hence the drill feet, also a good use for the "arm" wires. 

I made a damaged version too(left, obviously). This one lost the front mask and top gear, leaving a mechanical eye exposed. Some loose body plates and damaged drill.

Hide contents

Clockwork Pawn.png

They all look awesome!

I just imagined them reusing the old pawn concept from Klei.

Spoiler

concept mobs.jpg

Yours is still pretty cool though.

• Like 1

spiderdian    1,301
8 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

They all look awesome!

I just imagined them reusing the old pawn concept from Klei.

Hide contents

concept mobs.jpg

Yours is still pretty cool though.

Lol, I didn't even knew there was a planned pawn. 

Yeah, the smallish one really seems to fit the mechanic Fidoop sugested

• Like 1

Scoobie101    573
15 hours ago, Fidooop said:

Wren:

• Health: 150
  • Hunger: 140
  • Sanity: 110
  • terrible at combat
  • can't remember magic recipes
  • can build different machines that do different things
  • needs to keep her machines fueled, cooled, and working. (because they can't get too hot, will run on fuel, and will break down under certain conditions... or just randomly sometimes.)
  • todo: figure out what machines Wren will be able to make

Is Wren gonna be Steampunk-y? Cause I think it'd be fun the manage a buncha bronze pipes and use a steam powered jet pack for- I dunno a speed boost or something? Maybe she could have a machine that pumps pond water (obviously needs to be set up on a pond) into something that turns into ice for an automatic 1 ice per day? Or some kind of chest-like thing that auto cooks every stack of nomnoms put inside (for mass cooking of rotting food). Just throwing around some ideas o3o

Edited by Scoobie101

ImDaMisterL    19,064
35 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

Lol, I didn't even knew there was a planned pawn. 

Yeah, the smallish one really seems to fit the mechanic Fidoop sugested

We might end up going with the pawn, but hole-y guacamole are your drawings awesome!

• Like 3

Scoobie101    573
2 hours ago, Fidooop said:

NO DA LORE DOES NOT ALLOW O__O.png

The lore would not allow!

........however, the ice maker machine sounds like a great idea!

Oh, is Steampunk not lore friendly? I thought it could be wedged in there somewhere... I mean, a jet pack was a stretch (and kinda stupid), but I don't think an auto-cooking machine is too "out there". Just cause it's steam powered doesn't mean it has to be futuristic. I'll go back to my hole now.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

ImDaMisterL    19,064
42 minutes ago, Scoobie101 said:

Oh, is Steampunk not lore friendly? I thought it could be wedged in there somewhere... I mean, a jet pack was a stretch (and kinda stupid), but I don't think an auto-cooking machine is too "out there". Just cause it's steam powered doesn't mean it has to be futuristic. I'll go back to my hole now.

Well, nope, it clashes with the lore we made... sorry :(

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 1

Scoobie101    573
43 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Well, nope, it clashes with the lore we made... sorry :(

As long as Wren has some sweet goggles I'll be fine. 

• Like 3

spiderdian    1,301

I'm still Imagining wren as the mechanic, from Terraria(I guess you know it, considering some of the features)

latest?cb=20120506010206

Maybe you guys could consider a design similar to hers

Fidooop    2,409
49 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

I'm still Imagining wren as the mechanic, from Terraria(I guess you know it, considering some of the features)

latest?cb=20120506010206

Maybe you guys could consider a design similar to hers

...Wow I completely forgot about Terraria's mechanic and I was actually planning on giving Wren orange hair too XD

spiderdian    1,301

Ok, I took some time to think about the characters

Wyatt himself seemed a bit too op, like....he had 9 perks over 1 disadvantage, that I wouldn't even consider one, since it's his sanity.

And he's totally not based in Bear Grills

Wimbledon was easier, since he was way more balanced, though I'm not sure what you mean by losing the locket. By losing, you mean it getting destroyed by a lureplant or a krampus? if so, one might die to a Terrorbreak before being able to craft another locket :p

Wyatt:

The Forgetful Survivor

A once successful survivor suffered serious damage after a accident, now is unable to remember things correctly

• Health: 140
  • Hunger: 135
  • Sanity: 130

Pros

•  hunger drains very slightly slower than normal
  • can eat stale food (but not spoiled food)
  • not as scared of the dark as others
  • can make cheap patches that will act as 1-use sewing kits
  • can make a Alchemy and Magic book that act as a portable Alchemy machine and Shadow Manipulator

Cons

• Cannot remember Tier 2 Science and Magic recipes
  • Damage multiplier is x0.7

Removed/Unsure

• starts with 20% hunger(I don't think starting stats are tweakable, I might be wrong)
  • water doesn't affect his sanity as harshly as others(Dunno, maybe too much of a filler perk. Although he's and survivor, that would make sense, what do you think?)
  • walks faster(Trust me, speed changes are the worst kind of custom)
  • more resilient to winter less resilient to summer
  • can make a 4 slot bindle (acts as a backpack that equips to the handslot)(I'm really not sure about this one, like...one of the fastest that you can make in DST is a backpack, also, if night comes, would you need to drop the bindle on ground[supposing it acts like a backpack] to be able to make a torch or even need to set down a campfire?)

Spoiler

Wyatt.png

Wimbledon:

The Future Teller 

A 40-ish years old future teller believes that his golden locket is the key for his amazing predictions, and becomes "insanely" uncomfortable without it

• Health: 130
  • Hunger: 150
  • Sanity: 170

Pros

• isn't scared much by night or monsters (because he's oblivious)
  • has a special locket that he keeps with him
  • equipping the locket makes Wimbledon stronger and faster, however upon

Cons

• if he drops his locket he will instantly go insane (as if he were to equip a purple amulet)
  • unequipping the locket makes Wimbledon lose a bit of sanity(like...15 each time?, considering it improves speed and damage, there must be a counterweight)

Removed

losing the locket also causes him to continuously lose health until he finds it again(You're already insane when you don't have it with you, why start to die? Also, it's a locket, is it like his heart, or he starts damaging himself due to depression, lol)

Spoiler

Wimbledon.png

• Like 3

ImDaMisterL    19,064
33 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

though I'm not sure what you mean by losing the locket. By losing, you mean it getting destroyed by a lureplant or a krampus?

Just taking it out of your inventory will be enough to trigger its effect.

34 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

The Forgetful Survivor

A once successful survivor suffered serious damage after a accident, now is unable to remember things correctly

Well, we actually have lore built for Wyatt already, so that won't do, sorry...

44 minutes ago, spiderdian said:
  • starts with 20% hunger(I don't think starting stats are tweakable, I might be wrong)
  • water doesn't affect his sanity as harshly as others(Dunno, maybe too much of a filler perk. Although he's and survivor, that would make sense, what do you think?)
  • With Fidooop, everything is possible ;)
  • We thought of that because, since he'd be a hobo, and homeless people usually have to stay out and face the wrath of nature, rain wouldn't affect him as much as it affected the others.
48 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

The Future Teller 

A 40-ish years old future teller believes that his golden locket is the key for his amazing predictions, and becomes "insanely" uncomfortable without it

We also have stuff set for Wimbledon already, so that won't be happening. Sorry again.

49 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

(You're already insane when you don't have it with you, why start to die? Also, it's a locket, is it like his heart, or he starts damaging himself due to depression, lol)

We've actually got some lore set behind why he loses health by doing that, but we can't reveal much about it :v

But, as always, I freaking love your drawings, man!

• Like 2