Fidooop

Unnatural Selection General Discussion

Lumina    2,136
6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

He's going to be helping us code US, which is great because without coding, there's no modding.

Yeah, coding and art, the two pillars of modding. How preciours are people able to code or draw for mod.

5 hours ago, Battal said:

*flashbacks to hours of wasted animating*

Maybe some of this work could be reused in a way or another ?

Sudura2017    449
On 4/24/2017 at 10:42 AM, Lumina said:

Yeah, coding and art, the two pillars of modding. How preciours are people able to code or draw for mod.

Maybe some of this work could be reused in a way or another ?

And sound! Sound is massively underrated, IMO.

• Like 2

ImDaMisterL    20,271
Just now, Sudura2017 said:

Thing is, mods can usually get released well with re-used songs and sounds.

Not that US will do the same, we already got a musician and... wait, do we have a sound guy? I'll have to ask around to see who has the squeakiest door.

• Like 1

Sudura2017    449
9 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Thing is, mods can usually get released well with re-used songs and sounds.

Not that US will do the same, we already got a musician and... wait, do we have a sound guy? I'll have to ask around to see who has the squeakiest door.

Sure they can, but it sounds awful. I hate when mods use the default sounds.

On that note, Klei never released the finished sounds (for every unimplemented character) which would help tremendously.

• Like 2

spiderdian    1,317

Just some fine(really, REALLY fine) recorders and a pitching tool and bam, sound design.

PS: I know this isn't that simple

• Like 1

Project Seph    17
26 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Just drop that recorder down a flight of stairs, add some Vocoder effects and BOOM! Webber's voice.

**** that one is to gud m8 20/10 xD made ma lugh hard

35 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

Just some fine(really, REALLY fine) recorders and a pitching tool and bam, sound design.

PS: I know this isn't that simple

Depending on the sound editor it is, didnt u watched the sound stream from klei ? just barking walrus sounds in mic adjust them and done.

Edited by Deathlord Avon

Lumina    2,136
11 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

All is good for a mod but all is a question of priority and capacity. You can't make a mod without code, and a mod without art is limited. Plenty of mods could exist without any custom sound (if you add recipes or plants, no need for custom sound), having nice text is important but a mod could work without them.

So for me, code and art are the pillars. The others things are important too but can't exist without at least the code.

Yes, of course, a mod will benefit for someone able to make sound, to someone able to make nice quotes, to someone able to balance numbers, to someone able to test mod and find bug, to someone with a different playstyle than you so you can see if some things works/are too powerful/too hard. All theses things are useful and could help a mod to be really better. But without coding in the first place, they can't help. They need something to build on.

• Like 1