The Beaver Needs A Buff

Buff The Beaver?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. You would like to see the Werebeaver buffed in DST?

• Yes
    • No

On 6/1/2016 at 6:44 PM, jamesl said:

How characters play in DST is something we think about a lot, and I really appreciate all the discussion in this thread. At the moment we're not trying to make all the characters equal to each other in terms of strength, at least until we are working on content that might require more balanced characters. In general, I think that it's important to keep characters within a reasonable spectrum of strength, but right now DST isn't an experience that demands the same attention to balancing characters as something like Dota.

That said, I definitely understand that balance is only part of this discussion, and that in addition some of you are saying that Werebeaver is unfun to play aside from balance. While we're not super interested in making sure all the characters are exactly the same strength, we're interested in making sure the characters are fun and interesting to play. We'll keep a close eye on all these suggestions and keep it in mind as we have character discussions in the future, and make sure to keep the suggestions coming. 

That entire first point makes plenty of sense. Some of the characters are meant to be stronger and that's totally understandable. I still feel some balance for that specific characters gameplay should be considered but I understand! The fun aspect is definitely the trouble hitting a few of the characters right now when playing with friends.

As it stands I find Woodie himself fun to play but dislike how the log meter is there, and although the meter setup is interesting it doesn't hold the same amount of enjoyment as the single player one. I would really say to perhaps have it be off screen until it flashes up for a moment on intervals. At least in my opinion. I like when it climbs as you do work more than if it's dropping because it feels more like the beaver is taking control and less like he's just starving.
If I could reword something I posted before I'd say reverse it, like prior the whole 0 -> 100, maybe it could still do the same thing as what is established but reversed. It would perhaps climb over time, or not, and wood would help it drop back down, or perhaps if you did non-lumberjack actions it would drop it as well. But this would not work with the werebeaver, instead once you are 100 you are there and eating logs would keep the meter high. Ideas.

There are other suggestions but many were said. I'm happy to hear you guys are listening in to us all. :D

Willow and Wolfgang will most likely need a talking to as well. Which they get a lot haha.

If there was a way to have optional choices on how you played a character/how it was set up for a server, that would be neato.
Similar to a mod perhaps. Who knows.
It would possibly make it so people could have the settings they want and it would just be like turning on a mod or editing some setting.       ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

The purple background burned my eyeballs, thank, now what am I gonna do with all these burned deerclops eyeballs.

Kek, I'll change the background to hopefully something less eyeball-destroying.  Not like I'll know, since I burned mine out making it in Paint.net.

Archived