Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Jozroz

New bamboo and cloth uses.

Recommended Posts

Jozroz    13

Bamboo walls could be added to the game, though I admittedly don't see a particular advantage to it, beyond it being pleasing as material for a Doydoy pen. I'd suppose they would be of similar durability to wood; does anybody know if a palisade wall made of wood or bamboo would be stronger in real life?

Cloth could be used to make a new type of bedroll, that could act as a Shipwrecked equivalent to Fur Roll from RoG. It could perhaps be made from 2 cloth and and 4 Doydoy feathers. Possible names:

  • Cloth Bedroll
  • Down Bedroll
  • Downy Bedroll
  • Doydoy Bedroll
  • Feather Bedroll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhelsarusBeel    3,996

I do like the idea of an alternate wood wall made out of bamboo just to have somethong pleasing on the eye. Heck we got a bunch of different man made turfs so I don't see a reason to not have fancy looking walls for decor.

As for the clothrolls nice idea on paper but I don't really see a reason for them in SW since freezing is not a problem. Maybe instead make it with cloth and snakeskin to make a waterproof bedroll since getting wet is a lot more common in SW. Recipe could be 2 of each (due to the changes in snakeskin droprates).

But alas I doubt that we ever get to see this stuff. SW is considerd finished and Capy basicly vanished post first patch to never be seen again. So no new content for it unless Klei picks SW back up after Through the Ages is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jozroz    13
5 hours ago, Mr.P said:

[snip]

As for the clothrolls nice idea on paper but I don't really see a reason for them in SW since freezing is not a problem. Maybe instead make it with cloth and snakeskin to make a waterproof bedroll since getting wet is a lot more common in SW. Recipe could be 2 of each (due to the changes in snakeskin droprates).

[snip]

Bed Rolls also help with sanity and, in the Fur Roll's case, health, so those would be the major uses for a new cloth one as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhelsarusBeel    3,996
32 minutes ago, Jozroz said:

Bed Rolls also help with sanity and, in the Fur Roll's case, health, so those would be the major uses for a new cloth one as well.

Thing is health is a non issue on SW already due to the overabundance of fish. Seriously with 1 Limpet you can make fishsticks what refill 50 HP.

In general bedrolls already have very limited use at least for me because most of the time the hungertrade off isn't worth the bit of sanity.

At least with a waterproof one you had something interesting cause you could use that to skip days during monsoonseason without the need to be at base (since you could sleep during the rain or in a puddle). It's at least a reason to use them other then the neglectable bit of sanity they provide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
On 5/26/2016 at 1:22 PM, Mr.P said:

At least with a waterproof one you had something interesting cause you could use that to skip days during monsoonseason without the need to be at base (since you could sleep during the rain or in a puddle). It's at least a reason to use them other then the neglectable bit of sanity they provide.

Sleeping in a puddle?

I guess you could say that Wilson had a...

wet dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites