A Few Suggestions, Post Spoilage

I was thinking there is now a reason to have bunnies in your inventory. This led me to the suggestion: Bunny Cage.

Although I haven't tested it yet, I think it's safe to assume then when you pick up a bunny from your trap, he won't spoil (hehe). Of course we don't want to jam up our inventory with a bunch of bunnies (unless they stack lol!). So a cage to put them in would be a nice addition.

Also, if we now have an "ice box", is it too much of a stretch to ask for a freezer? I'd like to freeze my meat please, so I can consume it much later in winter. :D

I have a few questions regarding spoilage:

1) Does the Ice Box slow or prevent spoilage?

2) Does adding 1 item to a stack reset the spoilage or join the level of rot?

3) Does cooking reset the spoilage?

1) it slows, doesn't prevent

2)It doesn't reset the whole stack, it has a sort of additive affect where the 2 stacks combine to meet the average. Its kinda weird. Not too easy to exploit except with very large quantities.

3)Yes it does.

I'm sure once sanity is added in sleep will play some type of role.

1. Slows

2. Not sure

3. According to some guy in another thread yes, and then you can do it again with the crock pot and leave the items in there and they won't spoil.

It seems like a lot of people want this game to become more Farmville-ish than it already is. I like having a base camp and whatnot but I wouldn't like being able to completely turtle yourself in. I don't feel vulnerable in the game anymore as I can fight off just about anything that comes at me. Maybe I just haven't played long enough because I've seen big packs of Hounds but I've never been attacked at my camp by more than 3 which is stupid easy to fight off.

It seems like a lot of people want this game to become more Farmville-ish than it already is. I like having a base camp and whatnot but I wouldn't like being able to completely turtle yourself in. I don't feel vulnerable in the game anymore as I can fight off just about anything that comes at me. Maybe I just haven't played long enough because I've seen big packs of Hounds but I've never been attacked at my camp by more than 3 which is stupid easy to fight off.

Well the game is easy i agree, but mostly because there's hardly any incentive to go out and DO things. The most challenging thing i've done in the game was go fight tentacle monsters to get their spots to make the feather hat that doesn't even do anything. As for the hounds, well i'm at day 155 or something and about 12 of them come every week or so. It still doesn't make them hard to kill if you are prepared. (However they CAN kill you if you get caught out without your weapon or any meat to drop)

The biggest problem with the game is that there's never any reason to go do anything honestly. I think this will be fixed once they add a story mode. Hopefully with the addition of sanity and winter then the freeplay mode we use now will be a little bit challenging as well.

Well the game is easy i agree, but mostly because there's hardly any incentive to go out and DO things. The most challenging thing i've done in the game was go fight tentacle monsters to get their spots to make the feather hat that doesn't even do anything. As for the hounds, well i'm at day 155 or something and about 12 of them come every week or so. It still doesn't make them hard to kill if you are prepared. (However they CAN kill you if you get caught out without your weapon or any meat to drop)

The biggest problem with the game is that there's never any reason to go do anything honestly. I think this will be fixed once they add a story mode. Hopefully with the addition of sanity and winter then the freeplay mode we use now will be a little bit challenging as well.

Yea I'm glad they're working difficulty. I can't really play longer than 30 mins or so and sometimes not even that long as I don't care for vanity and, as stated many times, there isn't much else to do. You could probably survive off seeds alone as birds are constantly dropping down on your screen and every one has a chance to leave seeds when it flies off. You can drop seeds, sit at camp and birds will drop down to attempt to eat them and be immediately scared off possibly leaving more seeds. This alone makes having fences to keep dogs out completely OP. The dogs are really the only threat to a secluded base camp so fences would pretty much ruin the game unless the dogs could attack the fences which makes sense anyway. Then, fences would be much more useful because you have a little time to get prepared if it's a big pack.

Yea I'm glad they're working difficulty. I can't really play longer than 30 mins or so and sometimes not even that long as I don't care for vanity and, as stated many times, there isn't much else to do. You could probably survive off seeds alone as birds are constantly dropping down on your screen and every one has a chance to leave seeds when it flies off. You can drop seeds, sit at camp and birds will drop down to attempt to eat them and be immediately scared off possibly leaving more seeds. This alone makes having fences to keep dogs out completely OP. The dogs are really the only threat to a secluded base camp so fences would pretty much ruin the game unless the dogs could attack the fences which makes sense anyway. Then, fences would be much more useful because you have a little time to get prepared if it's a big pack.

Yeah and seeds just recieved a massive buff in this patch too.. They heal like 9 hunger uncooked or something ridiculous. I thought my game was broken when i saw it. I've already built every item in the game just because, even though most of them have no practical use. All thats left for me to really do is to go kill every tentacle monster in the swamp and there isn't any REAL reason to even do so since i already got the feather hat. I mean i could clear every spider den on the map for the sake of it, but why bother?

All of these are minor complaints for me though. I've got over 17 hours played and for how cheap the game was and how they are still adding more i find it was a great deal and a great game. I'm just saying there isn't much for me to do now until they add story mode. My only minor complaint is that there is no renewable weapon. You'll eventually run out of flint for spears and tentacle spikes entirely (Though it would probably be an OBSCENELY long time), but i guess once they add the portal to new worlds then its not even a problem anyways. I guess fire darts are renewable but they seem wildly inefficient lol.

Yeah and seeds just recieved a massive buff in this patch too.. They heal like 9 hunger uncooked or something ridiculous. I thought my game was broken when i saw it. I've already built every item in the game just because, even though most of them have no practical use. All thats left for me to really do is to go kill every tentacle monster in the swamp and there isn't any REAL reason to even do so since i already got the feather hat. I mean i could clear every spider den on the map for the sake of it, but why bother?

All of these are minor complaints for me though. I've got over 17 hours played and for how cheap the game was and how they are still adding more i find it was a great deal and a great game. I'm just saying there isn't much for me to do now until they add story mode. My only minor complaint is that there is no renewable weapon. You'll eventually run out of flint for spears and tentacle spikes entirely (Though it would probably be an OBSCENELY long time), but i guess once they add the portal to new worlds then its not even a problem anyways. I guess fire darts are renewable but they seem wildly inefficient lol.

The gold tools are renewable because you can trade the pig king for gold

I hadn't noticed. I usually just spam my seeds till I'm full anyway. I agree on everything. I don't even bother with the darts as farming everything for one is pretty ridiculous. The sleep darts might be useful for emergencies but I don't see those often. I made 1 fire dart and accidentally burnt down the entire forest around I'd planted around my camp just to see how it would affect a bird. It lit the bird on fire and the bird died. Brutal.

I know, but the gold axe SUCKS at actually killing things.

I'm not sure if it does more damage than the regular axe and I haven't counted to see if it takes less swings to bring a tree but I don't think so. It just lasts longer. If the damage is the same then it hits for half of what spears do.

I'm not sure if it does more damage than the regular axe and I haven't counted to see if it takes less swings to bring a tree but I don't think so. It just lasts longer. If the damage is the same then it hits for half of what spears do.

Yep, and thats why its terrible :\. It already takes like 50 swings with a spear to kill a tree guardian.

Edited by Tinithor

Theres a bug where if you CTRL click a spoiled stack into a new stack, it will reset and the stack will be unspoiled. I MUST NOT LET MY 60 MEAT SPOIL!

your not the one that's aloud to whine, look at what im going through!!!!

post-6125-13764590372922_thumb.jpg

I really like the food spoilage thing, but the health nerf is just whacked, in a newbie point of view. I recommend that the health benefits of the food be based on how many times you have consumed that type of food. Such as say you've eaten honey 200times then it's healing effect would now be reduced by 2% or something of that sort. This makes much more sense because the happiness level of trying new food is now reduced.

Eating the same thing over and over again reduces the health benefits a lot.

The dogs are really the only threat to a secluded base camp so fences would pretty much ruin the game unless the dogs could attack the fences which makes sense anyway. Then, fences would be much more useful because you have a little time to get prepared if it's a big pack.

That seems like a fair balance. The hounds (or anything else hostile) could damage the fence, and after a few hits perhaps destroy it.

I'd still like to make pens for rabbits and or other animals. Having a chest full of 9 bunnies is just... weird.

Now that I've played a few hours on this new build, I'm not the biggest fan of how the spoilage works. I'd still like to see a freezer for my raw meat, that would halt spoilage.

I really like the food spoilage thing, but the health nerf is just whacked, in a newbie point of view. I recommend that the health benefits of the food be based on how many times you have consumed that type of food. Such as say you've eaten honey 200times then it's healing effect would now be reduced by 2% or something of that sort. This makes much more sense because the happiness level of trying new food is now reduced.

Eating the same thing over and over again reduces the health benefits a lot.

im sure the health thing is a bug

theres no reason that raw foods would heal hp and cooked foods wouldnt imo