tips on playing with Woodlegs

Boat boat boat BOAT BOAT

Stay on The Sea Legs, give it a comb through the hair, and stay away from land as much as you can. Use that cannon on it to destroy trees and rocks on land, and quickly go and collect them. Return to sea, and stay there.

Establish a beach front base you can leave quickly to minimize sanity loss. Sail a lot. Kill the ocean with your cannon, keep The Sea Legs alive (It's really annoying to craft Boat Cannons if you lose it) and have a good time sailing around.

Though being forced to be away from land can start to hurt during the Dry season, due to the lack of protection from being out to sea during the heat. Also night time when you don't have a light....

Since Woodleg's was added into the game he became my new main and i have survived 300 since i merged worlds with my old save so i got plenty of tips for you.

Early Game your best source of sanity is going to be flowers, seashells and prototyping. Make sure to stay on that Sea Legs as much as you can until you find a desirable island to build a base (i always set up on the Seaworthy island for easy travel between RoG and SW).

Build a Primeape farm and a couple of ice makers as fast as you can so you could cook Banana Pops wich restores 33 sanity.

Woodlegs loses -4.8 sanity per minute while on land and that sanity loss stacks up with the nighttime sanity loss. Keep on digging up treasures until you find a Thulecite Suit wich when paired with a Top Hat will be enough to raise your sanity during daytime.

Acquiring a Tam o' Shanter is a key factor to survive as Woodlegs for a long time but that would require venturing into RoG and the long nights of winter won't be helpful at all for you.

Finding Rawling early is a great help since it provided you with a +2/min sanity aura and can be thrown to regain 1 sanity. You can keep on throwing Rawling in quick succesion by pressing spacebar while Rawling is on midair.

Banana Pops are fundamental during Dry Season as they will keep you cool and sane and they are very cheap to cook.

1 hour ago, Moonratds said:

Boat boat boat BOAT BOAT

Stay on The Sea Legs, give it a comb through the hair, and stay away from land as much as you can. Use that cannon on it to destroy trees and rocks on land, and quickly go and collect them. Return to sea, and stay there.

Establish a beach front base you can leave quickly to minimize sanity loss. Sail a lot. Kill the ocean with your cannon, keep The Sea Legs alive (It's really annoying to craft Boat Cannons if you lose it) and have a good time sailing around.

Though being forced to be away from land can start to hurt during the Dry season, due to the lack of protection from being out to sea during the heat. Also night time when you don't have a light....

i would need lots of repair kits for that but yeah that can help i guess thanks

22 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

Since Woodleg's was added into the game he became my new main and i have survived 300 since i merged worlds with my old save so i got plenty of tips for you.

Early Game your best source of sanity is going to be flowers, seashells and prototyping. Make sure to stay on that Sea Legs as much as you can until you find a desirable island to build a base (i always set up on the Seaworthy island for easy travel between RoG and SW).

Build a Primeape farm and a couple of ice makers as fast as you can so you could cook Banana Pops wich restores 33 sanity.

Woodlegs loses -4.8 sanity per minute while on land and that sanity loss stacks up with the nighttime sanity loss. Keep on digging up treasures until you find a Thulecite Suit wich when paired with a Top Hat will be enough to raise your sanity during daytime.

Acquiring a Tam o' Shanter is a key factor to survive as Woodlegs for a long time but that would require venturing into RoG and the long nights of winter won't be helpful at all for you.

Finding Rawling early is a great help since it provided you with a +2/min sanity aura and can be thrown to regain 1 sanity. You can keep on throwing Rawling in quick succesion by pressing spacebar while Rawling is on midair.

Banana Pops are fundamental during Dry Season as they will keep you cool and sane and they are very cheap to cook.

flowers tried the garland is useless but i can take  flowers for sanity.I saw the boat legs is a good boat and you really need it to make it fast.Would i need to make a base into a marsh island you know since there are a lot of mushrooms there?,or where should i make a base?

2 hours ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

flowers tried the garland is useless but i can take  flowers for sanity.I saw the boat legs is a good boat and you really need it to make it fast.Would i need to make a base into a marsh island you know since there are a lot of mushrooms there?,or where should i make a base?

Setting up in a marsh is pretty benefical once you take care of all the poison holes, Flups and Merm houses. You will have no problem with sanity or hunger with all of the mushrooms and fishermerms.

Archived