Doc Clockwork's Art Emporium

On 6/2/2016 at 5:26 AM, DragonMage156 said:

No worries! Sometimes fanart is worth the wait :)

On 6/2/2016 at 7:48 AM, minespatch said:

No need to worry! The work you posted is appreciated. Good work with trying out textures and sepia versions. You can really see the  raw swamp-like tones affecting the textures you used. Even the lighting is dramatic. The colored version accentuates the lighting more than the sepia tone one.

Thanks for the understanding, and the input. I too prefer the colored version, but I thought it'd be interesting to see how it'd look in sepia tone. Never stop experimenting and all that. :wilson_goodjob:

Here's a small collection of works I've put together these past few days.

tumblr_o88u4iLNG21u5590bo3_540.png

First we have Wenwick and Glommer in the rain, as requested by a friend. This piece was interesting, I don't believe I've ever done much rain before.

As you can see, Wenwick here really, really loathes loves Spring!

tumblr_o88u4iLNG21u5590bo2_540.png

Next is Wilson and my Don't Starve persona having a bit of a spat. Due to the extreme difference in personality, I always felt there'd be at least some underlying tension.

Gentleman Scientist vs. Clockwork Scientist, anyone?

tumblr_o88u4iLNG21u5590bo1_540.png

Finally, here's a quick concept sketch for a character belonging to a friend.

A runt of a shadow creature that's capable of eating nightmare fuel to restore stats. Apparently extremely loyal to Maxwell, but more of an annoyance than an asset due to their obnoxious personality and meager physical strength.

I found the character idea pretty funny, so when I was given the chance to help find a solid design, I jumped at it. I may have to draw this little guy bugging Maxwell some time. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Tiny bit of criticism: The Umbrella seems to have a gaping gap.

Anyhow, I suddenly feel oddly compelled to do a gamma-ray test on glommer.

That's what happens when I work on these things at 3 AM. I really should pull less all-nighters.

But hey, gaps are fun! They let so much nice, heavy, refreshing rain in.

tumblr_o88y56ebGG1u5590bo1_540.png

No one should ever let me near their characters.

On an unrelated note, I would like to mention I am currently open to requests, in terms of either characters to draw next, or ideas for pictures. I can't guarantee I'll do them all, but if I see something I think I can work with I'll give it my best shot.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2016 at 7:47 AM, minespatch said:

Maybe you can interpret my persona? I'd be curious to see how you'd translate my skelederp.

Sure thing! This next piece here is dedicated to @minespatch, done as both a request and a token of my appreciation for all the support they've given me since I've starting posting my art here. 

tumblr_o8ktgdFjQu1u5590bo1_540.png

A drawing of my persona drawing their persona? How meta.

Sardonic remarks aside, I truly appreciate the support I've received, even with all the tumbles, mistakes, and occasional set-backs I've had.

Hope you'll like the picture, Minespatch. Color palette ended up being a composite of a more recent drawing of your persona and a proposed palette made by Bebbit, I believe.

Next picture should be one of the Don't Starve ladies, the top three I've considered being Wickerbottom, Wigfrid, or Charlie. Hope to see you all again soon!

Edited by Doc_Clockwork
  • Like 5

squee skelly copy.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks so much man! Your piece is so crisp. It's very much appreciated.

Looking forward to the piece you mentioned. Sounds like you got a epic one coming.

Out of curiosity, have you drawn your clockwork scientist in fullbody composition? I'd like to try my hand at him.

Edited by minespatch

On 6/11/2016 at 8:51 AM, minespatch said:

squee skelly copy.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks so much man! Your piece is so crisp. It's very much appreciated.

Looking forward to the piece you mentioned. Sounds like you got a epic one coming.

Out of curiosity, have you drawn your clockwork scientist in fullbody composition? I'd like to try my hand at him.

No problem! Always happy to draw something for a fellow artist, especially one that's been so kind to me.

Though now that you've brought it up, I don't think I've nailed a fully defined look for my persona.

To amend that, here's a real quick sketch sheet, with a full body sketch closer to my style, a sketch closer to the Don't Starve style, and what he looks like without the glasses.

tumblr_o8osnqY0691u5590bo1_540.png

Now, you too can draw good ol' Doc Clockwork!

(And hopefully now I'll stop making so many mistakes when drawing my own persona...)

• Like 4