On 10.07.2016 at 4:39 PM, Mobbstar said:

You realise that you have cut yourself with that?

Spoiler

underforum1.png

Hide contents

Amazingly, in this one, characters actually purposefully show parallels to the corresponding forum users. And that thre

e times, even!

Spoiler

zI1oTJv.png

eyy that's very nice of you to include me in a picture! :3 

25 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

redthesquirrelscared.jpg

We didn't get far with the things we had planned to draw because we got distracted by aliens! You hear me? Aliens! They abducted @DragonMage156's OC Red! Aliens! Aliens! Aileens!

Reveal hidden contents

gyths.jpg

@Gyths would be the best Terraria boss ever. Or rather a Majora Mask? Maybe stoned Waluigi...

Nu! Red! (Terrifying alien btw 0_0)

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I love how the green light even reflects off the lines of Red's design. Nice work, Mobb.

That's something @LiptonPee taught me in her art streams. It took me ages to learn that it is as simple as ticking "protect alpha" and drawing over the lines :p

It is short story time! Yes, I have been writing a little (or maybe a lot). As always, feel free to point out edges and flaws in a humorous manner. Without further ado: The Wall of Text has been awoken!

Spoiler

My king, I write not a request, but a warning, to you. The bogs to the northeast of your silver mines are impassable and must be avoided, for the threats there can murder a vulgar as easily as they can disable an armed or armoured warrior.

I have first heard of the danger from the surrounding townsfolk. The raff gaggled about the usual fairy tales, such as witches and the devils temptations. However, the noblemen confirmed that no person had ever returned from the central fields of the so-called misty marsh. Allegedly, somebody who survived the journey along the shallow border was faced with pillars of ooze erupting from the ground, barely escaping their grasp.

One evening I was unlucky, as my horse succumbed to a disease when my home town was almost two days of foot travel away. What little coins were in the purse couldn't bring me home before nightfall, nor feed me for so long. After spending the night at an inn, I decided to risk the hike through a part of said marsh to get home that day. In hindsight, this sounds of folly and only folly, but back then the tales I had heard seemed like mere word of mouth.

The swamp was, unsurprisingly, cold and wet, but its name hit the nail square on the head. There lay a distinct waft of fog upon the inner part, shrouding it completely. As I ventured into the mud, the mist became thicker. Before I noticed, I was surrounded by it, losing all orientation except for my footsteps. There was no man, no bird, not even vermin anymore, just myself and the white screen encircling me. The idea of turning back arose, yet vanished before I could pursue it. Frosty air filled my lungs, peat soil weighted my boots down. A preternatural chill went through my every bone.

atmosphericmarsh.jpeg

I wanted to run, but I barely moved at all. At last, what seemed like a tree appeared from the fog. By the time I realised what it truly was, it could almost touch me. A disgusting mass of some watery, green slime built up from the ground and squirmed in all directions. Behind me, another slowly emerged. Without further hesitation, I unsheated my shortsword and cut the first monstrosity down, only to watch it slowly reshape itself. I can remember seeing the normal marsh ground through the vile substance, as well as something plain undefinable at the centre. This suggests it was not one large beast, making it just the more scary to think about. It was not something a hero could simply slay, that much is for sure. If my nerves had not been raw at this point, I would have probably taken another look. But instead my feet heaved themselves and I spurt off.

God knows how long I ran, or in what direction. When I finally came to a halt, I thought the horror had been over. My heart still pounded as though it would burst. Heavy breathing was the only sound to be heard. There was no sign of those liquid monsters. My rest was, however, of short duration. I froze at the sound of a woman's voice, in the damn bog of all places, where no one would expect another human. She sang as clear as crystal, yet eerily:

You think you escaped the goo?
You think I'd let you through?
To think so is folly.
You'll regret it wholly
To have set foot - in my home.

The next thing I know is her standing in front of me, faintly smiling. Thinking back, she was beautiful, but at the time I was too exhausted and terrified to even consider that. Flinching, I tried to take a step back, but my feet did not comply. A hasty look down revealed the same green mass from before, this time engulfing my boots. She stared at me, feasted on my fright, my sheer despair. I did not know what to do. She did not notice my blade, or rather, did not care about it, and I have a hunch that was not because she was out of my reach. For the first time since encountering those pillars, I felt the cold mist send shivers through my limbs.

I had lost all hope, was weak and terrified, so I closed my eyes and pushed my bosom forth, asking for a swift death. Absolute silence. It did not come. She looked caring and concerned, but her feelings were clearly just illusions, I knew that by then. Her voice must have been that of the seirens, as she spoke: "You are the proud kind, the kind that would give their lives to their homeworld." A cute titter crossed her lips, the echo was uneasing at best. "You must not tell anyone what you have seen in this marsh, but remind those who don't know it yet that this is not land made for mankind. Do as I said, or... I won't misplace my trust ever again." The last part, she spoke with a seductive, no, mischievous, with a plain evil grin. She disappeared in the fog, which in itself cleared shortly after.

To my surprise, I was not only alive, but the slime was gone. I couldn't help but sigh in relief. My thirst was immense, my throat was sore, but I wouldn't stop to drink, especially not from this accursed soil. It felt like the mist was chasing me, pushing me to walk faster. Unusual clicking and sloshing sounds echoed in my head, or were they coming from behind me? Every last muscle of my legs hurt by the time I reached solid ground. Solely mercy and function, more of the latter, saved my life that day, nothing else. The united strength and will of a dozen men cannot withstand such frightening power.

Now you have learned of the vile creature or creatures housing in the misty marsh. I beg you, take this message to heart. Assure nobody ever enters the horrible bog, for it means certain death to those who do after me.

I may not answer any questions you have, for I wish to forget and lose the fear, eventhough I'm afraid the woman-like being may haunt me in my sleep forever. She is still out there, keeping watch. All of those tales of people going missing in the misty marsh are caused by her doing, and I loathe to know what in particular happened to those unfortunate souls.

Archived