bird kill farm

Hi what can i use in SW instead of the boomerang to kill birds and such and get meat I'm playing Sw with willow i made 25 days but i need a way to get more food i was thinking to use the speargun but i don't think the speargun has as many uses as the boomerang,I fail a lot at catching the boomerang i was using the autocatch mod for Sw but it doesn't work for Sw.So can you tell me a way?,or somehow i can farm meat by farm i mean get lots of meat?

Pfff TBH i never use birds for food. In SW I tend to live off of snakes, limpets, mussels, seaweed and Ice from the Icemaker.

Those are the most common foodsources in SW and the best ones to feed you.

Just kill some snakes for Monster Meat use 3 ice from the icemaker and enjoy meatballs. Or 1 Limpet/Mussel, 2 seaweed and 1 stick for fishsticks.

Food imho should never be a concern in SW since there are so many natural sources that you can life of just collectable foodsources without any combat involved.

well i need someway cause i was thinking of bee box but since it's hurricane idk if they produce i made a birdcage but i need something to get not only bacon and eggs.that's why i asked you i used to rely on limpets and monstermeat since many snakes come from everywhere I am kinda late since I didn't find any gears.What's the best way to find gears?

7 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Pfff TBH i never use birds for food. In SW I tend to live off of snakes, limpets, mussels, seaweed and Ice from the Icemaker.

Those are the most common foodsources in SW and the best ones to feed you.

Just kill some snakes for Monster Meat use 3 ice from the icemaker and enjoy meatballs. Or 1 Limpet/Mussel, 2 seaweed and 1 stick for fishsticks.

Food imho should never be a concern in SW since there are so many natural sources that you can life of just collectable foodsources without any combat involved.

For gears do the following. Take some of those Morsels you maybe got and throw them in the ocean. Do that till a Sea Hound spawns. Kill him and then wait a few days.

You should find some floaty boat knights right where he died. And they respawn so once you did this you never have to run low on gears.

As for catching Birds. Either use Snakes or the Eyeshot the flups sometimes drop.

If a snake or the eyeshot hits a bird it will be stunned and you can pick it up for further use. TBH you should only really need 2 birds overall. 1 for the cage and 1 for the Piratihatitator.

Ohh and bees afaik produce honey 24/7 in SW.

Easiest way to acquire meat is by using traps to catch rabbits(crabs in SW). Find a spot with 5 or so holes and you are set. Just remember to find another food source for spring. monster meat can be used as meat in crock pots and if you need more you can either set up birds trap if you are so hellbent on killing birds or you can make drying racks and transform fish morsels from crabs into small jerky. Check out Don't Starve Wiki for more info

Basically:

1. Find holes
  2. Make traps
  3. Set traps
  4. Murder
  5. Cook
  6. Eat
  7. Full stomach

GL&HF :)

thx alll for helping sorry for the long delay but i had college i only needed a good way to acquire food cause in RoG i was ysing the boomerang to get the most of it but here i'm too bad with that.thanks for helping.I didn't know you can get gears that easily and food also.i akways end up making 4 crockpots and an ice box and 2 flingomatics in Rog but in Sw i had lack of resources which is impossible but I'll se what i can do and use your tips the most.

On 11 May 2016 at 2:46 PM, Mr.P said:

For gears do the following. Take some of those Morsels you maybe got and throw them in the ocean. Do that till a Sea Hound spawns. Kill him and then wait a few days.

You should find some floaty boat knights right where he died. And they respawn so once you did this you never have to run low on gears.

As for catching Birds. Either use Snakes or the Eyeshot the flups sometimes drop.

If a snake or the eyeshot hits a bird it will be stunned and you can pick it up for further use. TBH you should only really need 2 birds overall. 1 for the cage and 1 for the Piratihatitator.

Ohh and bees afaik produce honey 24/7 in SW.

does it work with monster jerky as well cause i dropped a monster jerky and nothing happened i guess I'll need more than that dk if it counts in this situation that's why i ask?

5 hours ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

does it work with monster jerky as well cause i dropped a monster jerky and nothing happened i guess I'll need more than that dk if it counts in this situation that's why i ask?

Any kind of Monster Meat won't work. This means Monster Meat, Monster Jerky and Shark Fins won't attract Sea Hounds when dropped into the sea.

It's probably a way to prevent infinite Sea Hound spawning. But if you really got nothing else to attract them with you can also go on a Jellyfish killingspree.

With a Spear a Jellyfish will deal 10 damage to you and drop into the water (what can attract Sea Hounds). And that dead jellyfish heals you guessed it 10 HP without drawbacks. So you can slaughter a bunch of those to get a Sea Hound to spawn.

14 hours ago, Mr.P said:

Any kind of Monster Meat won't work. This means Monster Meat, Monster Jerky and Shark Fins won't attract Sea Hounds when dropped into the sea.

It's probably a way to prevent infinite Sea Hound spawning. But if you really got nothing else to attract them with you can also go on a Jellyfish killingspree.

With a Spear a Jellyfish will deal 10 damage to you and drop into the water (what can attract Sea Hounds). And that dead jellyfish heals you guessed it 10 HP without drawbacks. So you can slaughter a bunch of those to get a Sea Hound to spawn.

well i killed more than 7 and still nothing maybe i just annoy krampus?

2 minutes ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

well i killed more than 7 and still nothing maybe i just annoy krampus?

Try collecting them and stacking them. The odds increase if the stack is bigger. Afaik if you drop a full stack of meat in the ocean it will always spawn a Sea Hound or at least rather quickly.

1 minute ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

limpets will work or it counts as monster meat?

That i'm not sure. They might work since they count as fish but TBH I never tried Limpets. i know that Meat, Morsel and Fishmeat work at least I got Sea Hounds to spawn from those.

5 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

That i'm not sure. They might work since they count as fish but TBH I never tried Limpets. i know that Meat, Morsel and Fishmeat work at least I got Sea Hounds to spawn from those.

well so far it worked jellyfish so thanks!,btw for what i use the boat cannon if I'm not playing with Woodlegs?

Archived