The Klei Dictionary

Fidooop

This thread is to help you learn all about the words and memes the Klei community has created and come to love! <3
If I missed any words/memes or any new ones get popular then post them here! I'll add it to this main post! ;)
Big thanks to @Asparagus for helping write the definitions!
(Also, yes, some of these are already on the Urban Dictionary but these descriptions are Klei Forums community specific!)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Boof:
/bo͞of/

noun
The Boof is a glitch that was caused during the Don't Starve Shipwrecked DLC's early beta stages. If the player were to spawn a Beefalo in a Shipwrecked world or play in a regular world after playing in a Shipwrecked world the Beefalo's horns, nose, and mouth would disappear resulting in a Boof or Boofalo. The name "Boof" was created by @Chris1488.
"That's a mighty fine Boof you've got there."

verb
The word "boof" has become synonymous with the word "goof" and is used when somebody has messed something up.
"You done boofed up!"
A picture of the Boof:
daboof.png

Dnak:
/dənak/

adjective
Dnak derives from the word "dank". It originated when @The Letter W typo'd the word "dank" as "dnak" and @ImDaMisterL replied with; "Dnak memes are the best."
"Those are some dnak maymays you got there." (See "Maymay")
The post where "dnak" originated:

Jave:
/jāv/
verb
To jave is to "Do a good friendship" in the words of @T4T3RGR3NAD3R. In other words, it is when you are friendly towards your friends. It originated when Tater had typo'd the word "have" in a Skype chat (filled with 18 ∞ Klei Forum members) while talking of being grateful for his friends. Said members in the Skype chat then immediately reacted by spamming the word "jave" towards each other with much gratitude.
"I will do a good javing towards you."

Kleidist:
/klāˈdəst/
noun
Someone who enjoys the Klei Forums and visits/posts there often. Similar to a cultist.
"I am a proud Kleidist!"

Maroon:
/məˈro͞on/
verb
(not to be confused with "maroon" the color) To maroon is to remove yourself from a situation and/or place you are uncomfortable/in disagreement with. It is a synonymous term with the well popular meme of "nopeing away". This term was made popular (in the Klei Forumer Skype chat) by @NootNoot who's alternate alias is "MaroonRaptor66".
"I'm just going to maroon out of here..."

Maymay:
/māmā/
noun
In the Klei Forums maymay derived from the word "meme" when @PeterA mentioned that his sister used to pronounce "memes" as "maymays". It has since become the only true way a Kleidist (See Kleidist) can use the word "meme". It has also become PeterA's member title on the Klei Forums.
"I'm going to serve you a heaping helping of dnak maymays." (See dnak)
The post where "Maymay" originated:

Potatocup:
/pəˈtādō-kəp/
noun
During a Rhymes With Play stream on the Klei Twitch channel, @SethR told everyone of the story when he was camping and ran out of cups. In the lack of the pompous evolutionary feat that is a cup; SethR quickly started scooping out a potato resulting in a Potatocup! After that the Potatocup became so popular on the forums that it became a trinket in Don't Starve Together and a Timeless rarity item that is currently sitting in @nome's Steam inventory.
"The Potatocup is the only way to survive."
A picture of SethR scooping out a Potatocup:
post-267501-0-78793800-1421006013_thumb.gif
The Timeless Potatocup icon:
potatocup.png

Spoiler

A picture in remembrance of SethR (who has retired from the Klei team):
rememberseth.png

TODO:

• Add "Abree". (Here's the post in which it originated.) 
  • Add "Wigfridge" (Here's the post in which it originated.) 

5 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Ah, this is the nonsense you people have been stuttering. Fascinating. But it still doesn't explain "desu", "yandere" and "dididee".

sushi tabetai! 

as much as i'd love to, i can't take all the credit for dnak memes, i actually picked it up from @Xjurwi making a typo on one of my streams! but yes, the fact it originated as a typo remains true.

he's quite good at it...

xjurwi.jpg

10 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

HOLD IT!

Where the fricker frack is 'Abree'?!

@ImDaMisterL, would you please find and link me the thread that got you the "Abreeable" title?

6 hours ago, LadyD said:

Ent-  early name for tree guard
Grue- Early name used when talking about Charlie. 

These are more names from Don't Starve and not silly maymays that the community made up. The thing I'm tying to do with this thread is be as serious as possible with absolutely silly things...

6 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Don't forget Wigfridge!

Would you care to tell the origin story and some form of light description as to what a Wigfridge is? I need some context if I'm going to write a description for it.

6 hours ago, Fidooop said:

Would you care to tell the origin story and some form of light description as to what a Wigfridge is? I need some context if I'm going to write a description for it.

I think weirdobob made a word joke and added a drawing of wigfrid as fridge.

6 hours ago, Fidooop said:

4 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

I think weirdobob made a word joke and added a drawing of wigfrid as fridge.

To be more specific, @Weirdobob called Wigfrid Wigfridge as a joke and got Noon Fish to make a drawing of Wigfrid as a fridge. Then he posted the picture in a skin suggestion thread or something and people started using the word. Weirdo can correct me if I messed something up.

1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

To be more specific, @Weirdobob called Wigfrid Wigfridge as a joke and got Noon Fish to make a drawing of Wigfrid as a fridge. Then he posted the picture in a skin suggestion thread or something and people started using the word. Weirdo can correct me if I messed something up.

This is correct

8 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Suggestion: explain the T-word.

The T-Word (n.) A specific word that starts with the letter T. The word in particular varies with context.

Good? i'msorryidon'tknow

Archived