Don't Starve Update Trailer: Spoiled Rotten

Corey

You have the fridge then, also I never stacked tons of food, I always keep fully grown crops on farm plots, and cook some stuff for 2 days survival, stacking food was boring.

The precise workings of the fridge are still to be found out, I think it will only lower the rate of rotting a bit. Kevin said that WX can eat food for its full value until it has become rotten, so not even our robot friend can make much use of rotten food. What I like about the whole rotting proces is that farming and cooking with the crockpot is so much more useful now. Crockpot food will rot much slower and crops will become very handy.

The precise workings of the fridge are still to be found out, I think it will only lower the rate of rotting a bit. Kevin said that WX can eat food for its full value until it has become rotten, so not even our robot friend can make much use of rotten food. What I like about the whole rotting proces is that farming and cooking with the crockpot is so much more useful now. Crockpot food will rot much slower and crops will become very handy.

Next step will be using rotten food to fertilize farmplots, so nothing would be wasted. I saw somewhere that food takes one week to spoil, and some crockpot cooked stuff will last even longer, so putting it in fridge will give you 2 weeks, that is long period of time. You can safely make supply of food for 2 weeks, its enough to wonder around and explore whole map.

And current worlds are very easy, there is so much stuff there, that you could play it with 3 people and no one will run out of resources.

Cooking in your crock-pot to contend with rot = repetitive and boring.

Gathering, farming, meat hunting bunnies and birds to make food in the crock-pot = repetitive and boring.

Time lost to micro-managing the food dragon that you could have spent doing fun things: Priceless!

I might be wrong in applying logic to games, but why does a robot need to eat? Shouldn't it boil down beefalow fat to make oil and drink that?

Maybe its appearance is a robot while it's made of flesh on the inside, which needs food to survive. Another explanation is that the robot has some kind of technology inside himself that turns food in fuel, thus giving it a more "human" personality.

Gathering, farming, meat hunting bunnies and birds to make food in the crock-pot = repetitive and boring.

Time lost to micro-managing the food dragon that you could have spent doing fun things: Priceless!

I think you're missing the point of the game, but that might just be me. Edited by Torasko

Maybe wait for update, and first try it out before whining how bad it is?

So you find not starving/collecting food boring essentially?

Every char has unique properties, so it makes sense to have one that offers something related to the food spoilage. It is a handy ability to have, but nothing game breaking, nor can I see myself giving up on Wolfgang or Wilson in favour of it.

Same here, I won't quit playing as Wilson that easily. That beard is epic. Edited by Torasko

I also use Wilson, but now silk and tent will be more useful, and switching char one you get meat statue will be more useful, he is only there for meat statues, once you get few of them there is not much use for him.

I also use Wilson, but now silk and tent will be more useful, and switching char one you get meat statue will be more useful, he is only there for meat statues, once you get few of them there is not much use for him.

Completely agree! And I believe that the update is awesome, more difficulty = more fun

Seals the deal on my part...Spoilage is going to make the game more difficult than it already is...No sell...

The game isn't even difficult right now. Keep in mind that you are supposed to die so that you learn next time to play it a bit differently. It's all about learning and gradually getting better. Spoilage only exists to stop people from food hoarding.

1)Latest DS trailer and food spoilage get introduced

3)People complain about food spoilage

Notice how it goes from 1 to 3,while skipping 2)Actually playing Don't Starve with food spoilage ...Of course it's easy to complain about an update which might involve more micro-managing,but how about playing the game first,and then come to the conclusion food spoilage is either good or bad,and how it will impact the game.

PS:Once again,I'm not trying to sound elitist,just don't judge something you don't even have experienced yourself,just based on the doom scenario you have in your head.

All I keep hearing over and over is "Oh no it's not minecraft!" LOL.

This is a food based survival game it's all about repetition and being cautious, and just trying to keep alive that little bit longer. It's not about exploring, or building, or your cool base. If you want that do what I did and get minecraft for those things, then come back to don't starve when you have a few moments that you WANT what they are offering. It's not a bad game it's just not about any of the things a lot of us find to be "the fun part".

So play a different game for that stuff and this one for what it does offer that is good. There are times I like a good challenge and how long I survived in a hellish world, and other times when I want to show off my castle, or my floating pirate ship, or a contraption made with redstone wire.