Don't Starve Update Trailer: Spoiled Rotten

Corey

Next update. Spoilage seemed more pressing.

Thank you!

Any words on how the Icebox works? Does it hinder spoilage completely or slow it down?

The new character is awesome, but I'm curious why did you choose to give him his ability to not be affected by food spoilage? Does he have a drawback?

Just asking, I'm very grateful for the new content!

Chester, something with Beefalo, an icebox and who knows- Pretty exciting stuff!

Pity we can't be bothered with exploring ANYTHING other than chasing the food dragon.

Way to busy-up the game with micro-management non-content.

I love this game, so of course I'll give it a try, but it's almost certain to be the deal breaker that sends me packing.

...pity. This was a really fun game.

Thank you!

Any words on how the Icebox works? Does it hinder spoilage completely or slow it down?

The new character is awesome, but I'm curious why did you choose to give him his ability to not be affected by food spoilage? Does he have a drawback?

Just asking, I'm very grateful for the new content!

You're asking these questions as if someone already has an answer to them, and honestly, no one does yet. Many things in the video that we all observed may in fact work differently than what we perceive right now. Just wait a few more hours and your questions will be able to get answers.

Chester, something with Beefalo, an icebox and who knows- Pretty exciting stuff!

Pity we can't be bothered with exploring ANYTHING other than chasing the food dragon.

I love this game, so of course I'll give it a try, but it's almost certain to be the deal breaker that sends me packing.

Of course, if you had a crock pot and a couple crops then a dragon would become a sprite as it takes only a couple minutes to cook up a couple recipes for the next day.

Calm down and have some bacon and eggs.

The main challenge of the game is not starving and right now it's pretty much easy enough not to.

It was a major concern and food spoilage should be a good move towards improving the challenge in that area again.

Careful management of your resources should always be an important part of a survival game so I think base items and stuff like Chester and other unique containers are appropriate additions.

You're asking these questions as if someone already has an answer to them, and honestly, no one does yet. Many things in the video that we all observed may in fact work differently than what we perceive right now. Just wait a few more hours and your questions will be able to get answers.

I'm pretty sure Kevin ( to whom the question was directed at ) has the answers. Besides playing the update wont answer my question about why the choose to give the new character immunity to food spoilage.

I'm pretty sure Kevin ( to whom the question was directed at ) has the answers. Besides playing the update wont answer my question about why the choose to give the new character immunity to food spoilage.

My guess is it would be so people have the option to adjust by using the new character. It could be a way to really explore all of the new OTHER features without focusing solely on the not starving aspect. Just speculation though.

Glad you all see the sunny side of rotten food.

I just see repetitive, busy-work that keeps me from using slots to haul back booty from my expeditions.

Now I get to use them for food related, micro-managy concerns instead.

Guess that makes me either a bit pessimistic or the kid who pointed out that the king has no clothes.

Glad you all see the sunny side of rotten food.

I just see repetitive, busy-work that keeps me from using slots to haul back booty from my expeditions.

Now I get to use them for food related, micro-managy concerns instead.

Guess that makes me either a bit pessimistic or the kid who pointed out that the king has no clothes.

I do get the concern but really, the game is literally called "Don't Starve." It's a game of survival. Right now the best thing you had to survive against was aggroing mobs and the stupid dogs. Is it really that big of a deal?

I do get the concern but really, the game is literally called "Don't Starve." It's a game of survival. Right now the best thing you had to survive against was aggroing mobs and the stupid dogs. Is it really that big of a deal?

It is a big deal. I don't think it will ruin the game, but having your food devalue, and, eventually, become useless, definitely changes the game.