9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

whitford does a successful conjur.png

I'll color this tomorrow but here's Whitmore, @WPH. I like how developed his design is. He stands out and really makes the original William outfit work for him. Wanted to channel that one scene from TNBC where Jack Skellington opens the bottle and butterfly pops out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh my gosh this is the first time anyone's ever drawn him for me--well, this is the first time anyone's ever drawn anything for me on the forums!!! Thank you so much o h mgosh you drew his hair so well asfdgfhsfgdf

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WPH said:

Oh my gosh this is the first time anyone's ever drawn him for me--well, this is the first time anyone's ever drawn anything for me on the forums!!! Thank you so much o h mgosh you drew his hair so well asfdgfhsfgdf

I intended to for a week or so but I got a backlog of art I need to do. Thanks so much for tweaking him in the many sketches you post, he's developed to a definite character. Can't wait to color him after I finish my SU peridot/Watamote piece. That piece is going to be big, I'm thinking of doing a non-DS art thread to post it there.

• Like 1

finally got don't starve.png

After months of waiting and working on character designs for a newly made comic company, I finally got the Megapack(with a lil' help from the steam summer sale). It feels so magical to finally get it. Going to play after I check my facebook notifications.

Spoiler

This image doesn't apply to me anymore:

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.30.06 AM.png

On 6/30/2016 at 7:03 AM, Mobbstar said:

How dare you put wickerbottom on a head spike, letting her rot like the merm and pigmen.

poor wickerbottom.png

Well... I didn't think she was dead in my pun art.

On 6/29/2016 at 10:48 PM, CoffeeBoo said:
On 6/26/2016 at 3:29 PM, CoffeeBoo said:

pizzer

wx pizzer.png

On 6/29/2016 at 7:11 AM, minespatch said:

Did Wendy and Webber prank him again?

no

there was always

pizzer

No zuul only pizzer.png

Well... WX isn't inhabited by Gozer but something more... Hedonistic.

Wilson is in Peter Venkman's place in the scene with Sigourney Weaver.  'Cause, back off, he's a scientist.

ariel tries consoling.pngRedraw of this:11891387_1647559525487982_1970574857_n.png

Going to keep drawing Arieloticons until I'm satisfied. uwu

Flight rising Wilsons.png

I go to the site Flight Rising and to get food and materials for your digi-dragons, you use these. I screencaptured the page and decided to have fun with the different actions Wilson can do in the game. Huh, he looks like Nic Cage in the final box.

Spoiler

wilson action lines.png

These are the non-tweaked lines I drew this morning.

Wilsons undersea plans.png

Redraw of this:

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 12.20.08 AM.png

Wanted to redraw my old stitchpunk piece since my ex-evil inventor character Nip Kump had plans on doing a submarine. My apophenia kicked and I immediately thought of Wilson doing plans for a submarine. So it was fun making Nip Kump's detailed model be turned into a cruder model due to lack of materials that Wilson could use(compared to the 9 universe where everything that could kill you is a machine).

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

whitford does a successful conjur.png

I'll color this tomorrow but here's WhitmoreWhitford, @WPH. I like how developed his design is. He stands out and really makes the original William outfit work for him. Wanted to channel that one scene from TNBC where Jack Skellington opens the bottle and butterfly pops out.

20160704-Whitmore sucessfully conjurs.png

Tomorrow is today. @WPH

I went to change the colors for a rich dull purple fitting WhitmoreWhitford's coat. The colored eyes were unintentional since I was trying to make the glasses reflect. Due to what short time I had today(did a lot of work at Taco bell in terms of working on the webcomic with my father), I had a short time working on this. Though I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 8

!!!!! Wow that conjuring effect is really cool O: !!! thank you so much again it looks really effing neat! AAAAA

also his name is whitford but iTS OK I DONT MIND I STILL LOVE IET

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Apophenics gotta be fun at parties XD

Apophenia just means "finding connections where they weren't originally intended. It's basically helped me and father out with ideas for art and comics.

ariel crashes.png

Me crashing yesterday.

ariel squee.pngRedraw of this:squee skelly.png

wilson ghost hungry.png

Not a lot of art today but I got another taco bell ghost receipt and retooled it to be wilson. Due to me and father being at mcdonalds in preperation of the fireworks(fourth of july and all that patriotic jazz), I got to finish it at the resturant after I finished the latest comic for the webcomic me and father are doing. Glued a small strip so I could do the W-hair.

scouting trip.png

Quickly worked on this. Thankfully my small phone can pick up small references if the wi-fi is good so I got a reference of Wendy in three different scout outfits. Due to Willow's background, I wanted to do a scouting piece and then threw Wendy, Webber, and Chester to add more to the piece. Since it's summer as well, it fits with the season.

• Like 2

Due to a death in the family... I'll post DS art tomorrow. Will be making a non-ds thread after I check facebook notifications and thread notifications.

Also... This happened.

So... No chance to play at the moment, then again:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/848109-minespatch/?status=19121&type=status

Thinking of doing a fundrasier so I can get a new laptop, that way not only can I play the game, but I can talk to Toki without forcing my father off the laptop.

Still, today's a rush:

ariel crashes.png

• Like 1

Battal took the words right out of my mouth... Sorry for your loss, and I hope everything gets better for you and your family real soon.

Edited by Bebbit
It took three days to realize this double post. THREE. DAYS.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bebbit said:

Battal took the words right out of my mouth... Sorry for your loss, and I hope everything gets better for you and your family real soon.

My father's having it worse but thankfully she died peacefully. The people at the funeral home are very nice people.  Thanks man.

• Like 1

If you haven't checked out, I made a non-ds thread for my art. I won't be as uploading as much art as I will here but it still will show my range.

ariel quiet.pngHere's a better redraw of this emoticon:|D.pngBut I'll still use the other one.

im going to get backlash.png

I'm definitely going to get backlash on this even if I'm being silly. So yeah. I'm bad.

Macs a meanie.png

My mac won't start up the game, so here's my reaction until I get a verdict from the devs on the bug thread.

lanyard 8.png

More badge designs. I'll post this in the other thread as well. Two versions due to clicking it makes it hard to see the detail.

20160707-Farewell to mother.png

Finally my memorium piece to my mother. Father is being strong, still having a sense of humor but this week has been rough and too fast for us. I regret not having a dragonfly in this piece(her favorite insect) but the butterfly will do just due to me drawing this quickly.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, minespatch said:

im going to get backlash.png

Yeah poor Wilson. The scientist just became the test subject :cool:

(He's also become half cat, half dog, werewolf, part bat... what a weird world :p )

59 minutes ago, minespatch said:

20160707-Farewell to mother.png

Finally my memorium piece to my mother. Father is being strong, still having a sense of humor but this week has been rough and too fast for us. I regret not having a dragonfly in this piece(her favorite insect) but the butterfly will do just due to me drawing this quickly.

That's nice. Good o see things getting better your you guys :)

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

That's nice. Goodt o see things getting better your you guys :)

My father doesn't stay too sad for too long. When it comes to tough situations, my parents were back to get to their feet. I'm kind of slower in reaction time, my recovery from depression takes a day or two.

On 7/1/2016 at 9:39 AM, WPH said:

Okay, I'm working on a Happy Ending AU where they put Charlie in a robot body, but I'm having trouble designing one that looks nice, and still makes sense. <:v Considering that it would have been constructed on the island...

They were able to make great structures like the portal, the alchemy engine, flingomatic... etc... so... here's what I have so far...

BR6LeIv.png UgLotbO.png5yQaiqo.png

Right now, I'm going for a Clockwork wind-up kind of design.

innocent robocharlie.png

The shipping wars continue. Godfather-hand moverment Maxwell is inspired by one of my alltime favorite Don't Starve fancomics(It never fails to make me laugh).

On 6/30/2016 at 2:55 AM, minespatch said:
On 6/29/2016 at 10:59 PM, Battal said:

gore.png

im so proud

(even if lipton guided me through a lot of it)

Can it defeat Big mouth Maxwell?

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 9.23.02 AM.png

On 6/30/2016 at 3:33 AM, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:
  Hide contents

fH80JV5.jpg

hmm i think he can make a deal.....

wilson versus the big mouth maxwell.png

Place your bets.

tacobell snapchat ghost template.png

Now you can too make your own Don't starve snapchat taco bell ghost. I'm going to do Wes next. These are fun to draw on. Tiny and fun to fill. It's like a coloring book.

young nathaniel and couppelious.png

@toki-wartoothxx's NAthaniel and the moon-native Coppelius from the short E.T.A. Hoffman story "Der Sandman". Her character shares the same name as a madness induced protagonist so I thought I'd draw her character in a similar situation. I've done a different design of the boogeyman but I wanted to translate the figure to a Don't Starve style.

Personally, someday I hope to get a small amout of people to do a proper reading of the story(along with me) since the one on youtube makes me cringe. There is the Residents's Voice of Midnight but it's a contemporary retelling(Though I highly recommend listening to it once). From their sister album to the concept album, there's a part to the track that makes me think of the twisted gramaphone of the nightmare throne.

Spoiler

couppelious sketches.png

I did several tiny sketches to get this particular piece done. I don't usually do sketches for sketches but this piece made me need to do drawn references.

On 6/12/2016 at 11:55 PM, minespatch said:

20160612-They followed Wilson back to camp.png

Quick coloring job of the Hitchhiking Ghosts being attatched to Wilson's Beefalo. People really shared my Stretching portrait piece on Tumblr that I want to do a few more Haunted Mansion crossovers. The two really go hand in hand. Marc Davis's scratchy concept art also really works out, even with his Pirates of the Caribbean art. Might even do Marc Davis inspired Pirates of the caribbean art here due to Shipwrecked.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:32 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh, I'd love to see that ^_^

Y'know, I kinda wished I had drawn your character as a thank you for that earlier art piece of me but I go have any good ideas... well... actually... I may have some as of now but business (drawings) are kinda slow here nowadays -_-

On 6/13/2016 at 4:47 PM, Doc_Clockwork said:

Hey, thanks a bunch! Nice job with these works, the Don't Starve and Haunted Mansion crossover pieces really are a match made in heaven, love the way you go about them. I'm also a fan of the pose in the Mirrormask-inspired picture, makes me think Wilson is flinching away from the hands.

20160710p1-Unconvering Woodlegs copy.png

Finally got it done. Kind of shocked, when I checked on Marc Davis's work on my Pirates of the caribbean book, a lot of Davis's work reminded me of Jeff Agala's kind of scratchy work. It made me wonder if my piece had a point to it when this seemed similar to Agala's more detailed work.

I've been a fan of Davis since I was a baby, studying his work in Sleeping Beauty and Peter Pan. So I guess the art style has really ingrained on me at a early age. Though, at the same time, Davis's work for both Haunted Mansion and Pirates does have a Klei feel about it.

• Like 5