On 9/9/2018 at 9:53 AM, DragonMage156 said:
  1. Wait whaaaat?
  2. And somehow, Wilson is still only wearing his day clothes >u<
  3. This is seriously awesome!
    37707491_1764154570366705_16549022669576
    so yeah, they got chubby finger nubs.
  2. That was due to the reference I needed for blowing pipe darts in the forge. Wanted a Wilson blow dart ref and he wore that in my screencap.
  3. I really liked that guardian alicorn logo in her summon.

5b9770a9e42f2_skeledorkandthetwogiantbabies.thumb.png.7708bb8a9d6eb14f39401573c4e2e126.png

I was inspired by three different things: That one christmas image Klei did of Wilson offering a hambat to a deerclops, the tall antlion pose, and my cats. Since there's also the Gorge recipe of rock soup, thought it'd be a fun piece to do.

5b9770af3b0cd_Dumbellathetrapgoat.thumb.png.2cd339658fc39542cd5e5cdd080e7e1f.png

Me and @artistcrab's naughty goat character Dumbella. Big thanks to Crab for the color scheme. She's... Special.

spiderderp.thumb.jpg.fbd008624a696902695468feaf020041.jpg

5b9770ac87147_Wilsondorkface.png.b1710d3368039fc9b20b4e26b4ea18c9.png

So... Not sure if I mentioned this but I'm part of comicsgate. The face above was part of a meme in the community just due to how weird Peter's face was. I did three different versions. Forgot to put the skeledork one on my flashdrive so I'll post that tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Not sure if I mentioned this but I'm part of comicsgate.

Can we all take a minute to laugh at how personally I took this sentence? Is this what betrayal feels like?

Alright, alright, this is not the place to argue about that particular sh**storm. Heck. No one is even obligated to take sides.

I think I'm mainly upset because I thought it more or less petered out last week and here it is again... why can't it just die.

Edited by ResettePlayer
  • Sad 1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:14 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Alright, alright, this is not the place to argue about that particular sh**storm.

I won't bring it up ever again. I didn't mean to hurt you.:wilsondisappointed:

5b9a01db7f03b_Kittykitgoesonamothermassacre.thumb.png.44577bb4ee42d30f553ea06d23b5e76e.png

I wanted to do a picture of a kittykit playing with their mother. It was really hard finding refs of real kittens doing this, probably should've used a frame from Lion King, but I eventually found a photo to work from.

5b9a01d604e58_Simmyandpiptonmermbros.thumb.png.9ed53615ccb4e689b3c295b30ce4cd5e.png

One of the Jouste Stream drawings.Gave me a chance to draw the brothers and their derpiness.  The red shading isn't supposed to be them violent, I thought it would complement the lighting behind them.

• Like 4

Spoiler
12 hours ago, minespatch said:

I won't bring it up ever again. I didn't mean to hurt you.

I should be the one apologising for having a childish, knee-jerk reaction to a single sentence.

Being part of a group does not mean you participated in the reprehensible behaviour we have seen from some of the louder voices. It does not even mean you share the values of those people.

If I try to take a more unbiased look at the whole controversy, I have to acknowledge that Comicsgate did not start from nothing. They kind of have a good point, but things got derailed by extremists and jerks. There are extremists and jerks on both sides of every conflict that has ever existed, and they are often the ones we focus on, forgetting that the majority of people are mostly reasonable.

Sorry for making you feel unwelcome and uncomfortable in this community that you have committed so much time and care into. Frankly, it's extremely difficult to imagine that you're some kind of bigot. You should not have to censor your opinions here.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2018 at 2:28 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Sorry for making you feel unwelcome and uncomfortable in this community

I'm just grateful that you're not turning me away.:wilson_dorky:

5b9cb560d905f_sammytriestogethisseeds.thumb.png.ca7878fe6deb0d2092a273c48f2ea31d.png

The second picture of the Jouste Merm Brothers art. This one of Sammy trying to get his seeds back from a pebblecrab. Thought I'd mess with the line coloring, giving a purple/red touch to blend with the blue. I'm a little upset with myself for not drawing the pebblecrab's claws right.

5b9cb56261332_Skeledorkmermdesign.png.c1aea49a9b583fd64ccdc5e27f0e48a1.png

Then skeledork's merm form. That'll be crossed off the list. I'm curious if the devs will actually do the different merm forms if the Gorge comes back.

• Like 9

tumblr_ois07u9sCW1s8bb9go1_1280.png

5ba7536cd1f7b_Thehambatbrigade.thumb.png.137f0e5c8aace14db43846bd0483ddbc.png

I felt like making a sequel to Agala's art. Giving me a chance to reference the hambat skins as well.

5ba75370623b1_Lordsludgeclayvarggrossglobead.thumb.png.5f77cd1b8c747d739bf7e93c1f5c4c93.png

Felt like doing a second grossglobes fake advertisement. This time with a clay Varg. I had the frontal view as a reference in my print pile album, so it gave me a chance to do that.

• Like 7

On 9/23/2018 at 12:48 PM, Wesminator said:

They are ready to throw down! I'm loving the lighting and poses on this piece mines! Wigfrid's symbol really makes the piece pop too almost like having a one of those war banners. *slowly waits to the forge to return*

Thanks bud. I guess Wigfrid would be a great foil to the Crocomanders. What probably makes this piece stand out is the lack of a background to insinuate action outside of the lomography to give our heroes more attention, so I had fun.:wilson_smile:

On 3/4/2017 at 12:53 AM, Histekia said:

The new skeleton is like a big baby dork, he does nothing, hurts no one and when he walks cave flowers etc blooom around him, but standing next to him drains a LOT of sanity and bunnyman AND CATCOONS attack him for no reason!2017-03-04.png

On 3/4/2017 at 12:55 AM, Asparagus said:

Really?!  A GENTLE GIANT?! *boots up game*

My lawn statue is gonna be my new best friend O__O... (hope the Houndius Shootius doesn't kill it O__O)

On 3/4/2017 at 12:57 AM, minespatch said:

So basically the spirit of the forest like from Princess Mononoke?

On 3/4/2017 at 12:59 AM, Histekia said:

OMG I wanted to write the same thing i swear! but then i thought people would be like "Ugh there is a weird anime person again"

On 3/4/2017 at 12:58 AM, jantonio said:

you should like work your art magic. :>

On 3/4/2017 at 1:07 AM, minespatch said:

First thing that came to mind. Apophenia does that. :wilson_ecstatic: Reposting these quotes so I can screencap.

ariel bad joke.pngSure thang.

5ba9f161086c3_20180925-Wigfridencountersaforestguardian.thumb.png.f00b72436d90e0b8dadf1c0008cf5c55.png

This is technically not just a reply but something off my to-do list. So really happy I could tackle both. Forgot that San rode wolves, so it gave me a chance to draw her riding a snow-hound like in the film as well as tackling lighting from the scene. Weakest part for this is the trees. I got to draw some extra lines for trees, so I had to infer with some lose digital brushwork.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2018 at 6:50 PM, Histekia said:
  1. Ahhhh I so long ago, but so beautiful
  2. Very good Art :o
  1. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, sorry for the wait.:wilson_dorky:
  2. I was kind of confused how to fill the forest, but looking at the forest spirit scene of Mononoke gave me a good idea.

5baf1883f2052_Wilsoninteruptshisownstalking.thumb.png.c0095a4fb89610861f598cd48845185e.png

I wanted to recreate the doodle of Wilson reaching out for the forest skelly. What I didn't expect was how the background would turn out. I like how it turned out.

5baf18805b1bd_Wendydontletstartsingalong.thumb.png.1ebc5653cd369e3f9d05986309b2e547.png

Another one crossed off the checklist. Wendy singing TMBG's "Don't Let's Start". I first heard the line on Homestar Runner through Strongsad's blog but it fit Wendy pretty close. Thought it'd be funny to have Abigail notice the floating lyrics.

• Like 9

On 9/30/2018 at 6:38 AM, DragonMage156 said:
  1. This one looks cute. He's not sure what to make of the peaceful forest skelly ^_^
  2. Forgive me but the floor looks like lava >u<
  1. More like he's been caught with the "Deer frozen in the headlights" look.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah used the wrong kind of brown and the noise with sharpen effects made it look that way. Need to use a lighter brown next time.

5bb32852e34d0_WinonadealngwithBendyradioonwilson.thumb.png.fc4994030d799743788c3683fc5ea76e.png

A idea I had originally when I saw you could mess around with radios in Bendy and the Ink Machine. Then I read Winona's comment on the Puft radio for Hallowed Nights and it became a funny idea with Winona regretting even more. Bendy should be way more tan than orange, I was trying to reference the lighting so I didn't go all sepia/monochrome but it came out a bit too colorful.:wilson_dorky:

Wilson's mouth got  fixed in the digital process. His upper lip lower down so far.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/2/2018 at 6:01 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Oh no! XD But he must get the achievements and see if his favorite fan-song got into the game >u<

I bet he'd like "Thinking of You".

5bb5c1d2872bc_Skeledorkputsthoughtinsculpting.thumb.png.1ef0a5b383d74ae6b815a7509dd4d137.png

Skeledork ponders on what to craft out of the work in progress sculpting tab logo. There's something that could be finished but Klei artists left it unfinished.:wilson_ecstatic:latest?cb=20161016005525

• Like 4

On 04.10.2018 at 07:37, minespatch said:

Бьюсь об заклад, он хотел бы "думать о тебе".

5bb5c1d2872bc_skeledorkputsthoughoughtinsculpting.большой палец.формат PNG.1ef0a5b383d74ae6b815a7509dd4d137.формат PNG

Skeledork размышляет о том, что делать из работы в процессе скульптуры логотип вкладки. Есть что-то, что можно было бы закончить, но Клеи художники оставили его незаконченным.:wilson_ecstatic:последний?cb = 20161016005525

Your character is so cool, I wonder why in Russia do not show your art.I bet your creativity would be appreciated there.

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Russian Philin said:

Your character is so cool, I wonder why in Russia do not show your art.I bet your creativity would be appreciated there.

Skeledork's not shown in Russia? Weird- I might've misread your comment but thank you.:wilson_smile: I've only been to England and France. Never strayed too far.

58c5ab66936f0_wendygruffcosplaysgothstarvers.thumb.png.d2c9a27e8f7d8afa8ca31cb9f7666bcf.png59b0cc500cbcb_sibingvoltgoatgruff.png.d647e4bbd59715a002cdb0b165b9f898.png

5bb9cd77a2e0e_ThegruffkidsintheGorge.thumb.png.87ea05af39eb1586ab1f02d6aafed9b8.png

My father's characters the Gruff siblings. I didn't expect to redesign them again for Don't Starve until the Gorge came around. So now they are no longer volt-goat things. Decided to make the oldest one based after the gargoyles. I hope to draw them later as gnaw occultists based on the statuary.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Скеледорк не показан в России? Странно-я, возможно, неправильно истолковал Ваш комментарий, но спасибо.:wilson_smile: Я была только в Англии и Франции. 

In Russia using a arts from the Forums, but your drawings I've never seen, and as the Russian community may have overlooked your work because you have talent and arts in the original design ,which would show up in our various communities. Need to will me to tell about you and your successes other=)

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2018 at 8:15 AM, Russian Philin said:

In Russia using a arts from the Forums, but your drawings I've never seen, and as the Russian community may have overlooked your work because you have talent and arts in the original design ,which would show up in our various communities. Need to will me to tell about you and your successes other=)

I mainly post here for my Don't Starve art, Facebook, Deviantart, and tumblr I'll post again in the future once I get a better laptop for faster internet use.So I'm happy if you spread the word about my work.

Skeledork is just a spin on Wilton's design since I'm a big skeleton fan. If I ever get around to developing beefalo bill the strawhunter, then maybe I'll do more art on him.

My big reputation on the side came from my meme posts.:wilson_ecstatic:

5bbc66cec057c_brothersinmermarms.thumb.png.b5738aa13ae3d0e25f08cf91faf49e7d.png

Starvers as literal brothers in arms. I think this one came from a screencap I quickly pressed print screen on and added to my compilations. I'm sure the Victorian Wilson on the left is @artistcrab and me in the middle. Forgot who played Woodie in that playthrough.

Yes, I had to add the emoticons.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 07.10.2018 at 12:15 PM, Russian Philin said:

I mainly post here for my Don't Starve art, Facebook, Deviantart, and tumblr I'll post again in the future once I get a better laptop for faster internet use.So I'm happy if you spread the word about my work.

Skeledork is just a spin on Wilton's design since I'm a big skeleton fan. If I ever get around to developing beefalo bill the strawhunter, then maybe I'll do more art on him.

Minespatch understand there there is such a situation. I started showing your work, and people started asking, Who are you? They want to know more about you... Can you tell me something about you, so I finish  to my post in VK(Russian social network). In Russia never heard of you, but your arts is already all like it when I showed it to. 

The language barrier prevents me from communicating with you in a more spoken language. SORRY.

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, Russian Philin said:

Minespatch understand there there is such a situation. I started showing your work, and people started asking, Who are you? They want to know more about you... Can you tell me something about you, so I finish  to my post in VK(Russian social network). In Russia never heard of you, but your arts is already all like it when I showed it to. 

The language barrier prevents me from communicating with you in a more spoken language. SORRY.

• I'm Minespatch. My previous fandom was Shane Acker's 9 but moved onto Don't Starve when my buddy @toki-wartoothxx introduced me to @Miss's Bloodeagles. Wanting more lore, I came across @Raven Crow's "Mountains of Madness" comic. I grew attracted to Wilson's situation and projecting my own loneliness onto his situation, which is why I'm  maining him.
  • I do a webcomic called "Underbridged Internet" with my father. So you'll sometimes see drawings of him in my don't starve drawings as his persona "the Baron".
  • My persona's skeledork, a persona I'm still trying to figure story beats for(which you can read notes on the first post). I'm a big fan of skeletons and I guess skeledork's really happy to be in a wild sandbox where me/skeledork could be comically hurt in.:wilson_smile:

If there's anything else I'd need to add, thanks for spreading more info about me. You're understood. Don't worry about the language barrier, I gotcha.:wilson_goodjob:

5bbeeaba238fa_Mermarmedhandshake.thumb.png.e235808bd7512000741ae51458620c50.png

I hope you guys aren't tired of merm arms drawings cause here's another one.:wilson_sneaky:

This one came from the Predator-esque handshake, some Year of the Varg emotes, and the idea of these two chatting with comradery. So I hope the piece speaks for itself. I realize the merm transformation sequence is painful but I guess they're going to take their loss with triumph?588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

• Like 3

5bc572b48909f_Beefalomatingseasonhunt.thumb.png.22b249739b51810efcbc2237d8906e16.png

In one playthrough of DST, I saw a mating season beefalo chasing after a butterfly. It was something I thought was adorable. So I redrew the scene.

5792c3771dcaf_gohomewilsonyourrunk.png.320cbc24dd7ea51d8c25d3b5c1539cb5.png

5bc572c0031a0_drunksonpencils.png.12d34e99dd826277ba6b331e977467f9.png

Found this facial doodle of Wilson from this strip on the floor. I think I redrew the strip originally for some reason.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 10/9/2018 at 3:32 AM, minespatch said:

5bbc66cec057c_brothersinmermarms.thumb.png.b5738aa13ae3d0e25f08cf91faf49e7d.png

Starvers as literal brothers in arms. I think this one came from a screencap I quickly pressed print screen on and added to my compilations. I'm sure the Victorian Wilson on the left is @artistcrab and me in the middle. Forgot who played Woodie in that playthrough.

Yes, I had to add the emoticons.:wilson_sneaky:

i think that was my sister who was playing woodie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2018 at 12:08 AM, artistcrab said:

i think that was my sister who was playing woodie

Thanks for the refresher. That makes sense.

5bc82f148e01a_Wilsonshindsight.thumb.png.d22415247f7c609ec29fbe49191b6743.png

One day I felt so overwhelmed with work, I did two vent arts. I found a receipt paper at the community health center where I was getting my father's medication and  drew two arts with exhausted Wilsons. This one was how I was sitting at the lobby. Kind of how I pictured Wilson's first day on the throne. Hindsight the throne.

Yes, Chester had to be a footrest.:wilson_sneaky:

I don't really like doing vent art since my art is one when I have freetime.

5bc82f0ef20bd_rwpep200doodle.png.0dad16eb2b3cd4fcf5c08eaecd9f0038.png

Skipped cleaning this one. It's connected to a date so I didn't feel like coloring.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 4

5bcbce4145a81_Wilsonssavannabreak.thumb.png.c6cdf950b4021cfb8673f8cbd2570c05.png

The second of the Vent doodles of exhaustion. Thought it'd be fun to have Wilson relax in the savanna while Chester does a doggie thing.  It's going to take a while until Wilson can mark his map.:wilson_ecstatic:

5bcbce443cd55_rocklobstersfriendthepebblecrab.png.f80596ee17ab0dac4e84c8a1bec86b30.png

The first of the three Rock lobster arts. Thought it'd be cute to have the lobster snuggle a pebblecrab. Both mineral crustaceans and kind of cuddly looking as well.

• Like 4