ResettePlayer    3,477
3 hours ago, minespatch said:

My head kept crashing on the keyboard while I was making this.

Sleep. Really, it's okay. If you need to take a break from the internet for one day just to relax a little, we'll wait.

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    919
6 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b51ae756ad40_Wilsonwearsmyclothes.thumb.png.3c65cd09ba8411ba0851b6b9f985155a.png

Interesting. I do think I saw that somewhere, the idea to draw your character in your clothes. 
It seemed interesting, but I change clothing depending on whether I'm working outside to care for my chickens or working inside on the computer for school and stuff...  Maybe, since I play a variety of characters, I can draw both or something.

• Like 1

vixenine    651
17 hours ago, minespatch said:
On 7/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, vixenine said:

I wonder what Wilson offered in exchange :\

His virginity?592533d0cf11a_Arielthoughtssinkingin.png.861ff0e6548c601302cd2422f56f0dcd.png

:o  Shocking revelation. 

• Haha 1

DragonMage156    23,687
20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Devs/Klei, when are glasses gonna be a new addition to the game?

I'm still waiting for that in ONI >u<

Om Nom looks adorable! ^_^ (I think I also had that idea a while back but unless I wrote it down, I forgot it and probably won't be drawing it ^^; )

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Sleep. Really, it's okay. If you need to take a break from the internet for one day just to relax a little, we'll wait.

I agree!

20 hours ago, minespatch said:
On 7/9/2018 at 10:27 PM, DragonMage156 said:

I'm imagining that pic of Chester with the eyebones for eyes. That'd keep anyone awake at night >u<;;

It'd be even creepier if the eyes were in Chester's mouth, a la Beetlejuice.

Spoiler

20180721_181052.thumb.jpg.822650fb9827b07f8debfe66e2430298.jpg

(I had to draw it XD )

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Haha 2

Szczuku    7,270

Consider this a tutorial on how to debug. I like to imagine Wilson is pooping out syringes.:wilson_sneaky:

c_spawn("deerclops") :wilson_dead:

• Haha 2

ResettePlayer    3,477

No, Wes is not styling his hair after Twilight Sparkle

It does look somewhat like a stained glass mosaic though. Now I want to draw the church of Don't Starve.

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    919
8 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b54288316dad_WesaccidentallyharessedLucy.thumb.png.bb154d00f1764a16733b792d2ef4de65.png

Lucy is accidentally picked up by Wes. She thinks this is harrasment. Woodie came in at a wrong time.

No, Wes is not styling his hair after Twilight Sparkle, I put a pinkish-red under color for the three characters. Not sure if it worked.

SAM_3729.thumb.JPG.107df64cfdd4fc679c13dc86dd4d2bbb.JPGThe drawings were originally two seperate doodles, but I thought it'd be funnier to have Woodie reacting in shock to Wes.

Ah, just like Lucy. I remember trying to pick her up for a friend when he turned werebeaver, she wouldn't let me. Wes's expression as this axe suddenly screams at him and magically spews saliva he didn't think it had - That face is really good.    Hopefully Woodie will understand it's an honest mistake, because with Wes's mute nature, I'm not sure how he'll explain his intentions.
Lucy is gonna be doing explaining, not him, I would suspect. 

• Haha 1

ResettePlayer    3,477
5 hours ago, minespatch said:

574a5b8a68281_20160528p2-Wilsonspreadshisknowledge.png.d774de6c2a72c96040168ad269c2f6d5.png

Oooh, yes, I'll have to expand on this.

depression in Woodie's dialogue

"I only cry tears of joy."

Yep, definitely lying. I tend to think everyone's depressed though.

Dia de los Muertos skins.

4rwcVaK.gif

I... I want to believe

Perhaps, if we're consistently insistent, maybe one day we can have both Day if the Dead and Venetian Masquerade skins. Both.

[sighs wistfully] In a perfect world...

• Thanks 1

DragonMage156    23,687
On 7/23/2018 at 8:02 PM, minespatch said:

If I could give them a name, it'd be the Posada Pith collection.

Not gonna lie, I thought of Coco when I saw that piece (man I need to watch that movie).

• Haha 1

ResettePlayer    3,477
10 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Not gonna lie, I thought of Coco when I saw that piece (man I need to watch that movie).

Truth be told, I looked it up in my library system and ordered it right after seeing this.

• Like 1

gallusvarius    919
7 hours ago, minespatch said:

finally got a copy of C.S. Lewis's Screwtape Letters

I know this book, it's a nice book.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b58241d26416_20180725-Willowclensedbythefire.thumb.png.e45cff2242e76b75347d00aafe96657f.png

I didn't really know where this was from, but the character expressions seem to really fit the quotes given to them somehow. That and the ones you chose for each part. Webber has a look of despair of some kind. This seems to be very well done!

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    919

Tried to mimic the white outline in the official art. Just doesn't match to the angular feeling of the promo art. Still a interesting experiment but missed out on two other drawings due to me being late when returning home.

Do you have a tool in your digital program that lets you make a series of completely straight, but connected lines? Maybe that would help the line look more angular. 
That and, it looks like you lay down faint layers of color over things for color and lighting. Don't worry, it's a bit part for my own digital artwork too, but your 'paper' outline seems tinted in color by these color layers.  Maybe you don't use them and this was the original color selected, but... If not and if they're tinted, maybe trying to free them of the tint would help. I'm less certain about this color-thing though, I may very well be wrong. 

That book looks like it contains either math or more evil runes. What is Wicker writing in it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    51,661
17 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. Do you have a tool in your digital program that lets you make a series of completely straight, but connected lines? Maybe that would help the line look more angular.
  2. That book looks like it contains either math or more evil runes. What is Wicker writing in it? 
  1. So I found the problem today. It has to do with the softness of the overlay effect. If I left it be less soft, I would've gotten the result I wanted.
  2. Seeing that Kris and the devs are implying a hidden nature in her skins, maybe she is? I just figure that the forbidden knowledge featured in the trailer is stuff that could pop up in Wicker's books. I was kind of inspired by my alchemy text books like Key of Solomon and a few others. To be honest, alchemy feels like a science with graphs, charts, coordinates, and etc.
@AlbertDelRiver
On 2/27/2017 at 5:57 AM, Flare2V said:

Maxwell's makeover from DS to DST was absolutely fantastic,

On 2/27/2017 at 6:52 PM, minespatch said:

Imagine.... Chibi charlie.

kill_it_with_fire_square.jpg

That's some nightmare fuel, I can't imagine her thick body being ruined for game play reasons!

5b5ad06d2985a_triggeringoverChibiCharlie.thumb.png.f7f986ca713e8c011266ea1351c6ac2b.png

@AlbertDelRiver's over the top reaction was too hilarious not to pass up. Had to look up Camel anatomy for this one. Not exactly sure what the problem is, if Maxwell can shrink to Napoleonic size, why not Charlie.

I tried to get my hat the actual color scheme. Light with the lines but i's a mostly dark hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

gallusvarius    919
15 hours ago, minespatch said:

's friend Toby the Devil's toast from Germany conjures a butter-fly from the game. It's only natural for bread to have a greed for butter. Not sure if Devil'stoast has a forum account or no

Interesting. Did the butter and flower aid in the summoning or did they come with the butterfly? 

• Like 1

minespatch    51,661
On 7/28/2018 at 6:36 PM, gallusvarius said:

Interesting. Did the butter and flower aid in the summoning or did they come with the butterfly? 

Sorry for the wait, I'm sure the butter came first before the butterfly. Butterfles pop out of flowers and then butterflies murdered make butter. Cycle?

588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

5b616855635f0_Wilsonhasamoochstaring.thumb.png.943a7945c7088509e79448101b08a32a.png

Wilson suffers something my father has to do daily with my cats.:wilson_ecstatic:

This piece is really naughty, took me three days before I was sure I saved this. Now I can work on that comic with Hot Lava, ONI, and Pugna tomorrow. This week has been a rough ride.

Hopefully the outline line feels more like the cutout graphic from the trailers now. I might have to add undershading in future art.

• Like 3

ResettePlayer    3,477
4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Hopefully the outline line feels more like the cutout graphic from the trailers now. I might have to add undershading in future art.

Hmm, it looks a little closer, but still looks like you just drew around it. Is that what you want? Don't Starve style has an angular paper cut-out thing.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160426013116 

The white follows the outline fairly closely, but only with straight lines. Look at the negative space between his arm and torso. It's a four sided shape.

When I did a similar effect for ShWoodie Four, I used the polyline selector tool on a layer between the character and the background, outlined the character (in smaller sections), then filled in the selected area white.

Spoiler

5b61a83d3ac13_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.83ea9763e39d564e2f3780f947407b31.png

This is what it looks like without the colours and lineart over top.

shwoodie4.thumb.png.e91f3cb4e64ff37706d24da6d5fc502d.png This is the final product.

I don't know if your program has a straight-line-lasso thing, but you should consider that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gallusvarius    919

Cycle?

Heh. It can only be a cycle if the flower grows out of the butter, though? 
I wonder how disappointed that slice of evil toast will be when he learned the dropchance for butter from butterflies is 2%

• Haha 1