5 hours ago, Bebbit said:

Aww, Maine Coons. Second only to Ragdolls <3

OT: Still liking your art, minespatch. The colors in some of these remind me of a retro TV screen. Cool stuff.

I had a maine coon called Spooky. Miss him. ;u;... As for the coloring, it might be due to the tutorials that Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi does on his blog. Has great topics on color theory. Then again, it might also be my multiply layer function when it comes to coloring. 

Thanks buds!

not so angry smallbird hatchling.png

I saw the Angry Birds movie yesterday and felt like drawing a smallbird in that style. The movie was really good and the new cgi revamps worked well since the designs were really flexible.

Wilson is the burger king.png

I have a horned Burger King crown and just was inspired to make Wilson the burger king of the woods. Makes no sense but the idea was funny enough I just had to jot it down. With some potato cup memes thrown in.

friend squee from minespatch.png

Now that my buddy @toki-wartoothxx drew her persona, I could make this image possible. My hype has been excelled.

• Like 5

Getting over a bad flu(I was sleeping on the floor in pain, it's so bad:wilson_dilemma:). I got these drawn over two days but wanted to post them yesterday.

Jahn dee's encounter with mr skits.png

Playing with history. This is John Dee and his assistant Edward Kelley being introduced to the Codex Umbra by Mr. Skits. Not sure if Mr. Skits wrote the tome but it'd be interesting. John Dee's a interesting entity of history. Worked as a secret agent of the queen of his time while still sounding like a character out of a H. P. Lovecraft story, 'cept... He's a real person.

Putting on a tempest play.png

Bit of egomania on my part with this piece. I just had this funny idea where my person and Wilson put on a play of the Tempest. My name being Ariel, Wilson playing a magician, throwing Yogi-boar as Caliban, and having the two kids just bored to tears, I couldn't let this go by. Had to draw this.

the wheeflea chase.png

I have a original monster type that I've drawn over the years that I hope people don't think I ripped off Don't Starve. I call them "WheeFleas". Dogs sized fleas that'll go after warm blooded mammals. Kinda based on home... ;u;

First time I've had to actually think on perspective. So for a doodle, this was very challenging and fun for me.

wheeflea sketch previouas.png

This sketch didn't work for me, so what you see above is my second take on the pose. You won't believe how hard it was to find a dynamic running reference on google images.

with and without flesh.png

Wanted to see how flesh-covered me would be. I didn't want skelly-me to come across as Papyrus. |D''' I'm not that big of a Undertale fan, more of a Dragon Quest and Orphan Feast type of player.

dont starve sweeny todd fan script.png

Father wrote me a drawing script. Not sure I want to draw this.|D.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mewthemew said:

Your art's really cool. I like your skeleton guy. I've seen a lot of your stuff on deviantart (via one of the DS fan groups. can't remember which one. I'm following four). I didn't know you were on here, too!

The skeleton's my persona. Basically inspired by my frontier reaper persona when Zynga's Frontierville was a thing. Really miss that game. Though Wilton's design inspired me to do another skelly-sona.

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.42.51 PM.png

Besides Blood Eagles, here's the groups I go to. Seems like the groups really spread my work around. :wilsconnivingsmile:

11 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Fun fact: I never use "John Doe", I always use "John Dee" instead. :)

luv ya.pngEyyyyyyy

indecision at the cola machine.png

Little fanart to the contemporary time jump comic "XXI Don't Starve 80 years later" comic by rockysprings. Heavily inspired by these new multiple choice soda machines in my local Burger King and Zaxby's. What's so frustrating, is just like my drink choices at Taco Bell(Mountain dew sangrita, apple soda, or sweet tea), I don't know what to choose since the choices are plentiful. So I stick with a peach mellow Yellow.

wilson encounters mr nick.png

Wanted to reference one of my all time favorite movies for a while on this board and now I have. Mr Nick from Doctor Parnassus really makes me think of Maxwell, especially that drive to push his rival to play bets and whatnot. Poor Wilson's mouth being sucked in is a reference to this scene.

generational lexaconational gap.png

Not really a big shipper so I decided to dope myself out. Basically missing the point while confusing everyone around me. I'm a dork. topkek.png

dangling babies.png

My outside kitten Peekamew somehow jumped onto my arm and clung upside down so I tried redrawing the scene. Wasn't sure if she should be a spider or black catcoon, so I did both.

webber skull encounter.png

Complete fault on my part with this one. As someone who hasn't gotten the game yet, I'm not sure how I'll react to Webber's skull when I actually play it in the game. This was mainly due to me binging @Raven Crow's art thread and I saw this comic page. Loved how she drew the skull. Yes, I do have a spiderbaby toy. Came from a horror convention in California basically giving publicity to the film Nightwatch(Here's a online display, my toy is somewhere in my room).

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.42.51 PM.png

Besides Blood Eagles, here's the groups I go to. Seems like the groups really spread my work around.

The only familliar ones I see are "DontStarve-FanClub", "DontStarveFans" and "Dont-Starve-FC". And yeah, next time one of your works pops up there again, I'll be sure to follow you. :3

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I wonder who those two ghosts are ;)

Hey, you know the comic 80 Years Later, awesome! :D Can't wait or more updates.

Whoever you want them to be. I didn't intend them to be anyone. :wilson_ecstatic:

You introduced me to it a week or two ago.|D.png

I'm hyped for the implementation of the codex umbra and I really connect with contemporary Wilson's need to be alone from the world. The author even made him Aspergers like me. Kind of a little shaken up over like I'm looking in a mirror.

Got these three done but the cold I'm having is still in me. Hoping the tylenol will lessen the symptoms.

cheering up da toki.png

My buddy @toki-wartoothxx was having trouble with a drawing she was doing and I just felt so bad. The art she made turned out pretty decent so I'm glad she's better now.

Dont starve ska band.png

Was in a European Ska mood last night. Just had to draw Wilson, Wendy, and WX-78(my first time drawing him) as different parts of the band. PASO and skafunders came to mind when figuring out game-accurate costumes for the three to wear while Google images nor the wiki helped me with the instruments so it was a wild Goose chase on that.

spidertales woohoo.png

I dunno why Webber's Guest of Honor skin makes me think of Scrooge McDuck but I just couldn't resist having three lil' spiders wearing those ballcaps. Ridiculous but had to draw.

• Like 6

anticipating the cheek pincher.png

A reply to @Dara999 reply to my comment about Webber's cheeks. Wickerbottom seems like the kind of lady to give into her inner-grandma feelings.

Ariel shipwrecked getup.png

My father unearthed some Pirates of the Caribbean McDonalds toys from our stockroom we're trying to clean out(Don't have the income to run a antique store). One of the toys were skeleton pirates so I put the clothes on my skelly-sona here. The eyepatch is like Grunklestan's, it does nothing. |D.png

taking a page from bilbo baggins.png

From the The Hobbit. I was inspired by Glen Yarbrough's rendition of the song while playing my mp3 at random.Wilson wouldn't probably be this dumb but the song seemed to have a taunty element to it. Maybe he has a deathwish here.casual shrug.png

The Big WX.png

Tribute to one of my all time favorite anime. The alternate skin of WX as ultraman really inspired this before the Guest of Honor Roger Smith-esque Wilson. Had to jot this one down due to the ridiculousness of it. Though I intended this piece to be my first try at WX before the Ska band piece.

• Like 9

On 6/10/2016 at 9:08 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

Secondly, @minespatch decided to do artwork of me and them and I decided to make a response piece (since we decided it's going to be a back and forth deal).

Response 1.jpeg

inspecting my toki friend.png

Friiiiieeeend~

Let's see how our reply battles go. topkek.png

On 6/10/2016 at 0:59 AM, toki-wartoothxx said:

Stop sinning, you. XD

i'msinning against toki's wishes.png

Just had to add a HeyKids creepypasta meme. With a pinch of @nome.

I kinda look like the Japanese mascot of that chip company.

ariston and sawan arrive at florid postern.png

More of Johnny's loved ones entering through the Florid Postern. Sawan the cursed shadowlord and Ariston the satyr from another dimension. Both close ones to Johnny and Bob. Though Bob's still kinda iffy due to his affinity to Johnny.

battle of the hunches.png

Just had this funny idea of the two cursed versions of pigmen and bunnymen wrestling while Webber and Boohoo just watch like it's payperview wrestling. Probably would've looked better in color but I just had fun drawing it anyway.

20160711-I'll chop the moon for you.png

I actually ship this cargo ship. Especially since there's literal subtext and not fan-implied. Kinda cute. I was inspired by the Tom Waits song "I'll shoot the moon"... Yet replace Shoot with Chop and you got the idea. The atmosphere was inspired by a game image I found in google images for a "moon puzzle". So the lighting helped give my vision focus.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Those first two images look pretty funny :p I love the werepig wrestling that bunnyman ^_^ and that last one is pretty cute :)

It helps that me and @toki-wartoothxx have the power of being superdorks.

Pretty much unintentional that me and @mewthemew did those two but we had our own ideas.

I intended on doing that piece earlier. Got a list of ideas I'm trying to finish.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bebbit said:
@minespatch

poked.png

get poked, m80

I WAS BORED, OKAY?

poking the bebbit.png

Yes, I referenced South Park. |D.png

Yes, the typo is on purpose.

I had fun.

On 6/10/2016 at 6:18 PM, Doc_Clockwork said:

Sure thing! This next piece here is dedicated to @minespatch, done as both a request and a token of my appreciation for all the support they've given me since I've starting posting my art here. 

tumblr_o8ktgdFjQu1u5590bo1_540.png

A drawing of my persona drawing their persona? How meta.

Sardonic remarks aside, I truly appreciate the support I've received, even with all the tumbles, mistakes, and occasional set-backs I've had.

appreciating doc's work.png

I'll now draw your fullbody version but I felt like doing a reply piece for thanks in doing this at all. I swear, most of the time my person keeps going "ooooohh" I hear Chris Sanders Stitch in my head.

wilson close to THEM.png

Reference to the scene from Mirrormask where these eldritch abomination maidens are fixing up Helena. Though, seeing people interpret how the outfits are put on by the shadow hands make me realize I'm kind of on the money with the crossover.

20160612-They followed Wilson back to camp.png

Quick coloring job of the Hitchhiking Ghosts being attatched to Wilson's Beefalo. People really shared my Stretching portrait piece on Tumblr that I want to do a few more Haunted Mansion crossovers. The two really go hand in hand. Marc Davis's scratchy concept art also really works out, even with his Pirates of the Caribbean art. Might even do Marc Davis inspired Pirates of the caribbean art here due to Shipwrecked.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Might even do Marc Davis inspired Pirates of the caribbean art here due to Shipwrecked.

Ooh, I'd love to see that ^_^

Y'know, I kinda wished I had drawn your character as a thank you for that earlier art piece of me but I go have any good ideas... well... actually... I may have some as of now but business (drawings) are kinda slow here nowadays -_-

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh, I'd love to see that ^_^

Y'know, I kinda wished I had drawn your character as a thank you for that earlier art piece of me but I go have any good ideas... well... actually... I may have some as of now but business (drawings) are kinda slow here nowadays -_-

I'd be happy to do another picture for you in thanks. Business drawings? You mean comissions?