2 hours ago, mewthemew said:
  1. (grey box glitch. Mew talking)
  2. 1. Totally drawing Krampling with buck teef
  3. 2....er- maybe. Two hours later, Willow and Wilson will probably find the guy passed out in a ditch somewhere after eating them all at once.
  1. @JoeW should look into that.
  2. I saw eeeet~ Cute little babo growing up to be a derp.
  3. Oh no... BEEFALO MAN hired MAxwell for the purgery!
1 hour ago, vixenine said:

I like the way you drew Krampus Maxwell here. He looks so cool :D

What one considers horrifying, I guess another considers cool. :wilson_ecstatic:

Thanks buddy. Glad you like it.

4 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:

Ahahahaha! XDDD These are really funny! X'D

Seems like this weeks haul really worked. Man, thanks so much.:wilson_smile:

• Like 1

On 2/24/2017 at 7:44 PM, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug allowing you to socket random items into the Ancient Gateway.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:30 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Awww, no more opening a door with ice cream!  : P

chaotica fails opening the gate.png

The mental image in my head when I read her comment. I wanted to get my Chaotica pieces done this week so I could get them out of the way and finally get my references. This one I wanted to use her Chaotica bee character for this one.

On 2/24/2017 at 5:29 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

...I kind of want those sandcastle thingies as decoration for the Great and Glorious City-State of Starvania...(aka my "ancient civilization" base.)

On 3/2/2017 at 1:12 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

Haha!  Finally got around to seeing the pictures of "me" and they're adorable!  I especially like how Robin turned out--that collar reminds me of a Black Mage from Final Fantasy.  Hee.  And actually my bun in real life isn't anywhere NEAR that neat of a little spiral.  It tends to start coming undone the second I put it up.  : P  (What is that version wearing, anyway?  I can't quite see.  In real life I tend towards comfy t-shirts/sweatshirts and jeans unless it's a more formal occasion, but obviously that wouldn't work for Don't Starve's time period.)

Chaotica among starvania.png

A updated version of Chaotica and my take on Starvania. Just her description gave me a simple and fun idea on what it'd look like while also toying with the toga among the official skins.

On 3/2/2017 at 1:12 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

I think Robin is probably my favourite of the three.  And after reading how cave basing is so popular and how EVERYbody does it in the summer...bizzarrely, it makes me feel like I'm this weird outsider iconoclast for not doing that.  Or, to get this exactly straight:  I'm the weird loner outsider for _being out in the sun in public_ INSTEAD of in a _dark, mysterious spooky cave_.  It's like I'm rebelling by being a _reverse_ goth or something. XD  (Vampire teenager flounces into the room dressed all in white, with a fake-garlic necklace.  "It's NOT just a phase, Mom!"

regretting ruin vacation.png

This one came from misreading and my current problem with my visits to the ruins. I really hate batilisks and I regret opening spelunking holes. Also gave me a chance to play around with a scared poofy kittykit.

um1.png

Wilson encounters reeetoads.png

This had to be drawn. Of course Wilson had to be reaction man again. Heh, the pepefrogs are like a forum talking about "etc etc is op".

roleplaying starver group.png

A really big piece I wanted to finish earlier this year. This is 

@Arlesienne and

@MeingroessterFan's rp group.

I just thought the idea of having roleplaying characters actually roleplay being a fun idea.The reason why this and the chaotica paper are orange tinted was due to my not having my receipt paper when I was at the veteran donation center and took a flyer to draw on the back. It gives a nice warm look. Unintentional but works.

lampufulmine citd notes.png

@Lampofulmine needed help with a mod creature for the big project "Creeps in the deeps" and asked for me to illustrate on shading and whatnot. So here's my notes on the creature.

On 6/13/2017 at 5:15 AM, __orange said:

f1.jpgi1.jpgf2.jpg

Finally, the rose fire staff and rose ice staff is comming (exclusive in TGP)!

On 6/13/2017 at 11:17 PM, minespatch said:

Can you imagine once Charlie is playable, three players should have Maxwell with the ancient cane  with gem, Wilson with bee and gem combo, and Charlie with the rose staff.

Hope I can get a clean image of rose staff for reference. I'd love to draw it sometime.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:33 PM, Chris1488 said:

rose staff fire.pngrose staff ice.png

sisters holding rose staffs.png

Hurried to draw this so I could glue the reference into my DS reference book. Something about their regal look made me want to draw Charlie but with Bobbie, I felt that the ice staff fit due to cool personality. Also toying out with contrasting personalities.

Charlie's pose makes me think of how tired Maxwell was on the throne.

searching for koelefant.png

I wanted to do a serious piece originally when I printed references months(like back in February) but now that I defeated the Koelefant thanks to pigmen assistance, I decided to do a silly piece. With the Koelefant tapping me to draw my attention.

Exploring primeape territory.png

Along with the Ayenth/Arles rpg group piece, I wanted to do a Wilbur piece with the prime ape hut. So I got to kill two birds with one stone last week. The prime ape hut took a bit of time, but the tree took even more time.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Bobbie is the ice queen. Hehehehehe!

I better not start quoting a song by Idina Menzel then,:wilson_sneaky:

5 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:
  1. Well, you already heard me rave about the roleplaying piece. Needless to say, it's fantastic, and the coloured paper really does give it a warm feeling. 
  2. I also had a particularly big chuckle at the pepe frogs. Thanks for that. :wilson_love:
  1. Truuuue, I kind of spoiled by posting on Discord. ariel sweats.pngAs for the paper, unintentional but worked out. If it was receipt paper, I would've used tape to tape two together.
  2. That was actually the first one I worked on. Drew it at Kentucky Fried chicken. I wanted to paste my pond reference into the book, so I printed my pepe edit so I could give myself a reason to draw the pond.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I better not start quoting a song by Idina Menzel then,:wilson_sneaky:

1. Truuuue, I kind of spoiled by posting on Discord. ariel sweats.pngAs for the paper, unintentional but worked out. If it was receipt paper, I would've used tape to tape two together.
  2. That was actually the first one I worked on. Drew it at Kentucky Fried chicken. I wanted to paste my pond reference into the book, so I printed my pepe edit so I could give myself a reason to draw the pond.

*Bobbie proceeds to start singing Let it Go.*

• Like 1

Yep, that looks pretty accurate re:  my usual time in a cave.  And the scared poofy kittykit!  My own cat has a stripey tail just like that, too, and if anything startles him the teensiest bit you can always tell, because the thin sleek tail goes POOOFFF.  So yeah, that looks familiar.  :)

And hey, the orangey tint on the Starvania picture?  It totally works, 'cos the sandcastles and whatnot show that we're in a desert!  And have just finished fighting the Antlion.  Which only shows up in summer.  Which...has orangey lighting.  So it's actually perfect!  In fact, I originally assumed it was intentional.

Actually one of my own favourite pictures from waaaaayyy long ago was drawn on inferior paper--I got a new backpack, and it was filled with this like, soft light brown newsprint (without the actual print) paper.  You know, like, bunched up so the backpack would keep its shape on the shelf.  I was gonna throw the paper away...then I spread it out, looked at it, and...ended up drawing an epic (and now way outdated :P) triptych of the Age of the Dinosaurs, with a sunrise background in the first panel, noon in the middle, and sunset in the last.  Because that's how I roll. 

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

1. And hey, the orangey tint on the Starvania picture?  It totally works, 'cos the sandcastles and whatnot show that we're in a desert!  And have just finished fighting the Antlion.  Which only shows up in summer.  Which...has orangey lighting.  So it's actually perfect!  In fact, I originally assumed it was intentional.
  2. Actually one of my own favourite pictures from waaaaayyy long ago was drawn on inferior paper--I got a new backpack, and it was filled with this like, soft light brown newsprint (without the actual print) paper.  You know, like, bunched up so the backpack would keep its shape on the shelf.  I was gonna throw the paper away...then I spread it out, looked at it, and...ended up drawing an epic (and now way outdated :P) triptych of the Age of the Dinosaurs, with a sunrise background in the first panel, noon in the middle, and sunset in the last.  Because that's how I roll.
  1. Nope, I needed paper and the orange flyer was all I could grab at the time. I cut the starvania picture in receipt size and then used the rest for the rpg camping one.
  2. Did you post it on your thread?

Heh. Well, accident or not, it ended up totally working.  XD  As for the dinosaur picture...well, good news is, it still exists--I actually found it the other day. Bad news is it's way too big to fit into a standard scanner.  It was done a LONG-ass time ago and the drawing-skill level looks kiddish, and a lot of it is inaccurate now* but I'd still show it if I could.  It's still a poster-sized picture that I was inspired to do simply because I HAD a large piece of paper, and I had fun making it.

...Notorious

*I've got things in the wrong category of creature, at least one is in the wrong era probably, and there isn't a feather to be found..except on the Archaeopteryx of course.  ;) But no fluffy Velociraptors!  Hey, have you heard my new band, the Fluffy Velociraptors?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

It was done a LONG-ass time ago and the drawing-skill level looks kiddish, and a lot of it is inaccurate now* but I'd still show it if I could.  It's still a poster-sized picture that I was inspired to do simply because I HAD a large piece of paper, and I had fun making it.

You could try photographing it?

Now if only I had a decent digital camera...but yes, that is an idea.  Hmm.  Mayhap...I might have a plan.  Maybe...

I just now noticed the ice-cream one.  "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?!"  XD  It also reminds me of this round-robin story me and  my friends were telling in chapters on the school-bus every day, and at times it seems we were competing with each other to see who could be the most random.  What does this have to do with anything? well, there's this scene where the main character is in a spaceship, which is crashing.  So she starts pushing every random button she sees, in a panic. 

"I flung myself at the big red button above my head.  The ship handed me an ice-cream cone."
: P

(I actually meant, like, a tray with an ice-cream cone slid out, or a robotic hand popped out of a port on the wall and handed it, etc. but the wording in the actual written-from-memory-at-the-time version was "the ship", so hey.  XD)

...Notorious

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I just now noticed the ice-cream one.  "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?!"  XD  It also reminds me of this round-robin story me and  my friends were telling in chapters on the school-bus every day, and at times it seems we were competing with each other to see who could be the most random.  What does this have to do with anything? well, there's this scene where the main character is in a spaceship, which is crashing.  So she starts pushing every random button she sees, in a panic.

(I actually meant, like, a tray with an ice-cream cone slid out, or a robotic hand popped out of a port on the wall and handed it, etc. but the wording in the actual written-from-memory-at-the-time version was "the ship", so hey.  XD)

Sounds like a future feature for Oxygen Not Included.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1

Ice-cream dispenser to raise morale or something?  Sure, why not?  And of course it would be a big threatening red button that simply makes the ice-cream because...Oxygen Not Included.  Everything has to be (humourously) scary in some way.  : P  I sometimes wonder if the company that sends these poor duplicants out to make these colonies is from the same universe as the "Paranoia" RPG...

...Notorious

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

SAM_2610.JPG

Decided to try to study your practice Weaver sketches. They were really interesting but even the simpler drawing were really complex to study from. You're fast, amigo!

SAM_2613.JPG

Got a lil' sad when you were erasing your study sketch but oh well. You work on fast pacing and rhythym. I don't blame you.:wilson_ecstatic:

Almost done with the fourth page of my father's comic. I'll try the Klei stream tomorrow. Twitch is horrible on my laptop.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

The paintings are getting longer. it reminds me of the elevator in Haunted House levels in Enter the Gecko.

In Disney's Haunted Mansion, the stretching portrait gallery gets longer. The room is actually a elevator that takes you to a lower level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

In Disney's Haunted Mansion, the stretching portrait gallery gets longer. The room is actually a elevator that takes you to a lower level.

"Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it just your imagination?"

*is shot multiple times*

Sorry, huge Disneyland fan. Been there a lot for family vacations and such.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Aileen-Rose said:

"Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it just your imagination?"*is shot multiple times*Sorry, huge Disneyland fan. Been there a lot for family vacations and such.

I used to go there monthly when I was a kid. My father wanted to tribute both DS and HM with the comic. I'm just helping with coloring and fonts.:wilson_smile:

Shame about Tower of Terror in california.:wilsondisappointed:

• Like 1

Just now, minespatch said:

I used to go there monthly when I was a kid. My father wanted to tribute both DS and HM with the comic. I'm just helping with coloring and fonts.:wilson_smile:

Shame about Tower of Terror in california.:wilsondisappointed:

^^ Got ya.

Well, it shall live on over in Florida so it's not gone forever persay. Just like the Electrical Light Parade.

• Like 1

19389424_1677798332249982_936294453_n.png

Forgotten Weaver henchman.png

Saved this screencap a while back.Wanted to draw the unimplemented fuelweaver henchman and got it done as quickly as I could. Maybe we'll see these guys in the future? They really look cool to me.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:36 PM, Quoth143 said:

ancient albert.png

On 5/1/2017 at 6:07 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

Ancient Webber.png

"The webs of the past are no match against us!"

On 5/2/2017 at 1:43 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

Ancient Maxwell.png

"History has a tendency to repeat itself, doesn't it?"

Albert stops a ancient bullying.png

Something I've been meaning to finish for a while now. The phrase Albert said was in my head and I just imagined MAxwell about to punch Webber for any particular reason(maybe a prank) while Albert's police tendencies show up to stop the punch from taking place. Another reason was just to get that particular look on Maxwell's face.

ancient albert n maxwell original sketch.pngMy first attempt before finishing above. I kinda like MAxwell's expression here too but I didn't get Albert the way I wanted him. First time drawing the Thulian bat too, so I had to fix the arm pose.

latest?cb=20140713181946

Testing out pyro items.png

Already did the piece with the baloonicorn chester, wanted to have the cast try out the other items. My father gave me a incredulous look over Wilson's pose. Suuuuure, Wilson is kind of acting like a Darwin Award nominee here.ariel ID face.png

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

RWP Willow burns.png

I'm so late but here ya go guys. Charlie burning a minion choking on a fidget spinner. Charlie watches on in the trauma.

Wickerbottom trying out ganja.png

Not sure if this was inspired by a comment my father did but I had to tribute the Ganja mod. It was fun caricaturing Cheech and Chong. Used that animated film that came out recently to get a good idea on simplifying them. As for Wickerbottom, it's from one of the mod preview images. 

wild wild wes.png

Request from my father. He really wanted a drunk Wes. I threw in the part with Willow just so I could throw the phrase in there.

father wild wes.pngMy father's sketch as to what he wanted. He specifically wanted a table to explain where the lamphsade came from.

Wheel of wilsons misfortune.png

Another request from my father. Wheel of Misfortune. He just had this idea over Charlie being the hostess while Maxwell acting as the Host. Glad I could get this done. He really enjoyed it.

201706028-Filmmaker case page 3.png

Third page to the filmmaker comic. Finally got to use that broken stage reference, it's now in my DS reference book.

Spoiler

filmamker comic father script 3.pngMy father's draft. He's finished all the pages. I'll see on scanning the rest of the drafts next week.

Catness new starver stories page1.png

First page in the six page comic for chapter 1. Had to tweak things to get the small details darker and sharper. Kind of mixed which version I like better. Panel 2 from the storyboard was probably better but this is the complete version.

woodie misunderstands words.png

My father's request based on him reading the final lines in the script. He wanted Woodie to misunderstand Wendy. Figured Lucy and Wilson could be the react punchline(I do this thing where I have characters act as a reactee to weird things).

the clothes make the skeledork.png

Kind of a harmless vent piece. I finally got my rage on at Subway when a manager from another subway was visiting the one that me and my father were eating at and asked me if I worked there(someone not even wearing the uniform). What you see Skeledork wearing is what I wear in real life. People often mistake me for working at businesses due to wearing fancy vests and ties. Just gets tiring after a while since I'm unemployed and AM looking for work. :wilsondisappointed:

the sacrifices that Warly has to make.png

Saw some sushi images from Shipwrecked and immediately wanted to do a piece with Warly. I'm hyper for sushi and whenever me and father go to the local buffet, I get five plates. It's once in a few months sort of deal, so I love'em. Anywyas, poor Warly can't eat yet. The other islanders want some more.

denny depression doodles.png

Depression doodles I did at Denny's when my father took me out of the house and drove me to Denny's to calm me down. Decided to post it here due to Wilson and Fuelweaver being here. These were mainly done by memory so I had no reference book or anything.

Whenever I'm sad, I immediately got for action poses and eyes. Threw in my Rabboy and Mind MY Gap's Diddybob. Love that series.

Cradling Cosmic creepers.png

Sometimes I put my cat Cosmiccreepers on my lap like this and she gives me that face. Love that anxiety filled cutie.

Ariel screams for attention.png

It was pretty bad last week. Blubberywalrus of shame. While my internal thoughts were this image.

present from future past.png

Birthday art for @artistcrab. Missed by a day but she enjoyed when I finally got it to her. In the middle is both versions of Grace while far left and  right are different versions of Nero. The cake has the flowers that Crab likes to use a motif in her work.

painter pig emotes hunger.png

Another Subway drawing. I was just finished eating my meatball sub and suddenly I was smelling that awesome teriyaki meat. After I just ate, I was hungry for more. Instead of giving into my own hunger, I was inspired to have the pigman artist from that other drawing I did to vent his hunger.

filmamker comic father script 5.png

• Like 7