On 22/02/2017 at 11:32 PM, minespatch said:

A actual conversation and a explanation to people. I'll just use this image from now on.:wilson_ecstatic:
Let me also explain that I don't hate Maxwell, he just creeps me out. His New Reign/DST form I can look at but... Stickman-MAxwell makes me go into "D O N O T W A N T" mode. Maybe it has to do with how well @Miss managed to write him in BloodEagles.

Is it the first version or the Adventure mode version? The Adventure mode version is what creeps me out >_< aside from the first chapter where he still looks normal.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Quoth! XD

Is it the first version or the Adventure mode version? The Adventure mode version is what creeps me out >_< aside from the first chapter where he still looks normal.

It's the NPC in genral he says its the stare

13 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Nope. It's the stare. I have a problem with evil characters that stare.

that's minespatches quote why is my name showing ugh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Woah, your study is so cool!!

Thanks, my father is heavy into decorating. We're trying to empty our antique shop storage so we can have a unpacked house. Been this way for a decade until last year.

Mind editing your post so just the room shows? Sorry. :wilson_dorky:

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

3 hours ago, Donke60 said:

It's the NPC in genral he says its the stare

Throned and DST MAxwell doesn't creep me much as stickman NPC Maxwell. Same with Triumphant Wilson. I get a bad vibe from the character even though I guess it means the developers done their job. :wilson_ecstatic:

3 hours ago, Donke60 said:

that's minespatches quote why is my name showing ugh.

You highlighted my quote in your own post. I noticed something similar when I tried that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Throned and DST MAxwell doesn't creep me much as stickman NPC Maxwell. Same with Triumphant Wilson. I get a bad vibe from the character even though I guess it means the developers done their job. :wilson_ecstatic:

Hey you know that makes me wonder who would be the most powerful throne sitter because they can't all be equal

I think the most powerful would be

Wx-78
wendy
willow (iffy)
wigfrid

Wes is idk I do hope that they flush out more of his character with the comics and animations as well as charlie to differentiate from maxwell as well as perhaps a prequeal of before maxwell changed or his early days on the throne.

so far what I've gathered from items about wes's personalitly 

loving
caring
pacifist or avoids conflicts (survivor head)

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 1:45 PM, Arlesienne said:

Blessedly I quite know Nemo and an artist that good just does not live in a gilded cage.

Here is our little gobbler enclosure for now. Meaningful feedback courtesy of @MeingroessterFan, @Youknowwho and @Fortie:

zD2Jrs0.jpg

wilson with a domesticated beefalo.png

Since I don't know if domesticated beefalo have eight legs or four, I wanted to just have the chance to draw one. So it was a fun but weird challenge.

On 1/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, Cookiemies said:

Or how about a one big rattlesnake which spawns in summer like dragonfly :p

On 1/15/2017 at 0:14 PM, Zeklo said:

The only pun I can think of is Cattlesnake, but those don't sound too menacing. 

On 1/15/2017 at 10:42 PM, Zeklo said:

Actually that was meant to be a pun for Cattle + Snake

But

Punsception

On 1/15/2017 at 10:55 PM, minespatch said:

Huh... Cow-snake? Now that sounds cool! Hey, I like that idea!

On 1/16/2017 at 0:08 AM, SuperDavid said:

A cow snake/Cattlesnake boss could be cool for a summer boss, you know how when they extract snake venom from a snake they called it "milk the snake" and since this would be a cow snake you could maybe milk it when it's sleep or something & get some type of poison milk! Also, when it rattles its tail when it feels threatened the tail could make cowbell noises xD!

approaching a cattlesnake.png

To get the right touch for the design, I wanted to try a mixture of a Deerclops(eye) with Disney's take on Gerald Scarf's art in Hercules. Mainly the snake designs Pain and Panic took. My father assisted with the rattle since even though I tried to make the rattle ridged like a actual rattlesnake, he insisted I go for a cowbell look(which worked out fine). Though I wanted the fangs to have udder-like touches.

On 2/27/2017 at 11:56 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

1488257670497-612080547.jpg

The league encountering spiders.png

Seigfried stops the couple from racing to the bara sausage party village from doing a harsh mistake. Yet how will they avoid this one? They don't have a spear or shovel to fight back with.

Antlion stalks upon travelers.png

Little visual summary of the "Against the Grain" update. The "Heart of the ruins" update gave the antlion more poses so checking one of the in-betweens gave me the perfect pose to go with since I don't have a reference of the antlion's back(which is what I wanted to draw but oh well).

the twins find annabelle.png

A request from my father. He saw my Warrens picture and wanted a picture of Wendy with Annabelle the real cursed doll. So I went a step forward. I gave both twins a doll. The film and real life version of Annabelle. The case featured is the case in the Warren's museum. Then I threw Webber in just to add more horrified reactions besides the Warren couple.

hallowed nights antlion concept.png

My second Hallowed Nights concept skin of Antlion. I really prefer what @PanAzej did for

@Arlesienne the other day. I tried to emulate elements but it looks too complex than a simple costume.

hunchbeast community redevelopment.pngSAM_2230.JPG

Due to me making a real life pigman house(cardboard version), I decided to do a piece hammering all the main buildings. What I didn't expect is a local artist with her gallery will be giving me a free canvas to paint the shipwrecked merm house on saturday! So I'm looking forward to perfecting what I screwed up here. I'll post photos when it's done.

father takes notice of wilson entering a hole.png

A conversation me and my father had. There's a wallpaper I use for my lock screen where Wilson looks down the spellunking hole and my father thought the hole looked like... Something else. ariel closeup intensifies.png

ariel birfdeh.pngSince

@MenaAthena  had a birthday recently, I thought about doing a birthday skelemoticon in case I can do a quick reply. So yeah, consider this a late present, MEna, :wilson_ecstatic:

sniper missing max on the island.png

Due to Johnny Massacre's son Max being left back on the other realm, Sniper misses his best buddy while they're trapped on the island. Bob can only act as support for the two, acting as Sniper's big brother figure.
chaotica personas.png

@CaptainChaotica posted something really funny but at the moment, here's all her personas in DS form. They came out pretty good. :wilson_smile:

20170301-Pin designs jack wilson benson.png

@toki-wartoothxx is going to be selling pin-buttons in the future so I went to design some. Since Wilson is among them, I'll post it here. I really want to own these pins in real life but if I can't get the official buttons for my bag, these can work.

questioning pigmen economy.png
Based on my notes from my game journal. I really want to find out where that gold stash comes from. Maybe he's fat and sturdy because... HE'S MADE OF GOLD?!
58b34e9fde9c1_howhorrifying.png.5498b02f

Oh....

trunk trunk.png
One of the two Koalefant trunk requests from my father. He wanted me to doodle a redundant trunk-trunk so I made a comic about it.
ruined wilson trunk trunk panel.png

I was so intense with the third panel, this particular image is the original paper that I tried gluing three others to make the paper strong but I forgot that glue ruins receipt paper, so... Oops.

donald trunk and bicky batalisk.png

The second request. "Donald Trunk". Threw in a Bicky Batilisk just for fun and those pants make anything hilarious.

Willow asks for a razor.png
If a mod tells me to spoiler this dirty joke, I'll do it. Yet I still wanted to do the joke. ariel ID face.png
1174.png
Rescanned this due to going to put this on my traditional DA account. So I can put it in my portfolio folder.

Breaking bad wilson.png

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

hallowed nights antlion concept.png

My second Hallowed Nights concept skin of Antlion. I really prefer what @PanAzej did for

@Arlesienne the other day. I tried to emulate elements but it looks too complex than a simple costume.

That piece of the ground for pants is a nice touch, hahaha.

Your character became more of an actual Antlion than her.

Arlesienne's skin is just a concept and may not be implemented into the mod or be changed anytime, if that matters.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Donke60 said:

To many good pictures ran out of AWE to give so take this URGH instead :D

As long as I entertained. Ariel eeeyyyy 1_0 .png

6 hours ago, PanAzej said:

That piece of the ground for pants is a nice touch, hahaha. Your character became more of an actual Antlion than her.

Arlesienne's skin is just a concept and may not be implemented into the mod or be changed anytime, if that matters.

Yeah, I wanted to get that stuck in the ground feeling with the turf. Though I love the glove design you did in your version. I think I'll just stick to my No-eye deer costume since I even colored it already:
skeledork skins pun unintended.png

5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:
  1. SHIIINY!!!
  2. And yeah, beefalos are quadrupeds. It's just @Youknowwho domesticated his when it was spring and somehow a baby beefalo would tag along.
  1. Which one is shiny? :wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Ahhh, that explains the extra pair of legs.
2 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

I love that cattle snake :D <3

Thanks bud. We came up with something interesting. Maybe Klei will take a gander and apply it to the game?

• Like 3

Haha!  Finally got around to seeing the pictures of "me" and they're adorable!  I especially like how Robin turned out--that collar reminds me of a Black Mage from Final Fantasy.  Hee.  And actually my bun in real life isn't anywhere NEAR that neat of a little spiral.  It tends to start coming undone the second I put it up.  : P  (What is that version wearing, anyway?  I can't quite see.  In real life I tend towards comfy t-shirts/sweatshirts and jeans unless it's a more formal occasion, but obviously that wouldn't work for Don't Starve's time period.)

I think Robin is probably my favourite of the three.  And after reading how cave basing is so popular and how EVERYbody does it in the summer...bizzarrely, it makes me feel like I'm this weird outsider iconoclast for not doing that.  Or, to get this exactly straight:  I'm the weird loner outsider for _being out in the sun in public_ INSTEAD of in a _dark, mysterious spooky cave_.  It's like I'm rebelling by being a _reverse_ goth or something. XD  (Vampire teenager flounces into the room dressed all in white, with a fake-garlic necklace.  "It's NOT just a phase, Mom!")

What does this have to do with anything?  Well, I now have this image in my head of "me" with a straw hat and umbrella, standing next to a fling-o-matic and shaking my fist up at the sky, yelling "HAHA, SUN!  DO YOUR WORST!" ...and a caption something along the lines of how it's not just mad dogs and Englishmen. : P  (And then an optional second panel where the berry bushes catch fire because "Oh, CRAP!  I forgot to turn it _on_!")

Also:  "SCIENCE, female hound!"  :D

...Notorious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. Haha!  Finally got around to seeing the pictures of "me" and they're adorable!  I especially like how Robin turned out--that collar reminds me of a Black Mage from Final Fantasy. 
  2. Hee.  And actually my bun in real life isn't anywhere NEAR that neat of a little spiral.  It tends to start coming undone the second I put it up.  : P 
  3. (What is that version wearing, anyway?  I can't quite see.  In real life I tend towards comfy t-shirts/sweatshirts and jeans unless it's a more formal occasion, but obviously that wouldn't work for Don't Starve's time period.)
  4. I think Robin is probably my favourite of the three.  And after reading how cave basing is so popular and how EVERYbody does it in the summer...bizzarrely, it makes me feel like I'm this weird outsider iconoclast for not doing that.  Or, to get this exactly straight:  I'm the weird loner outsider for _being out in the sun in public_ INSTEAD of in a _dark, mysterious spooky cave_.  It's like I'm rebelling by being a _reverse_ goth or something. XD  (Vampire teenager flounces into the room dressed all in white, with a fake-garlic necklace.  "It's NOT just a phase, Mom!")
  5. What does this have to do with anything?  Well, I now have this image in my head of "me" with a straw hat and umbrella, standing next to a fling-o-matic and shaking my fist up at the sky, yelling "HAHA, SUN!  DO YOUR WORST!" ...and a caption something along the lines of how it's not just mad dogs and Englishmen. : P  (And then an optional second panel where the berry bushes catch fire because "Oh, CRAP!  I forgot to turn it _on_!")
  6. Also:  "SCIENCE, female hound!"  :D
  1. I've used to play final fantasy so I might have unintentionally channeled that while working on the design. As a fan of Discworld, I tried to do what you explained and did the whole Yensid look with the stars and moons while the hat has a comibination of three to make a new interesting symbol.
  2. Ah, I probably should've shown you this before I posted but I want to make my threads a surprise for people.
    I used your Walani avatar to slightly inspire the shirt. Tried a hot rod flame shirt as well as the Lei look. I can fix it later if you want.
  3. That robe does look comfy for cave travel.
  4. Future art idea?:wilson_ecstatic:
  5. Yeah, I should've explained what my Breaking Bad picture was. My first page has a list of ideas I want to do and the Breaking Bad meme was next to tackle.

3 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:
  1. Okay, I really like this idea. It fits perfectly to the DS universe : D
  2. I think I know which picture you're talking about XD
  3. I'm never gonna see that poster the same way again OAo
  1. Yoopers, I really want to see this portmanimal be brought into the world since several forum members were on the right track.
  2. Yeeeeah, that one.KBEfRJs.png
  3. um.pngI imagine we all have this moment. :wilson_ecstatic:
  • Like 3

Haha!  I bet if the shirt had been in colour, I'd totally be able to tell.  "Yensid", heh.  Also I haven't watched "Breaking Bad"?  But I do of course know the slang thing of emphasising the end of a sentence with "B*tch!"  (In fact, I did so on one of my own Steam screenshots...until I saw that it came out entirely as asterisks--and not even the right number.  So I changed it to "DAY 300, BEEYOTCH!"  : P)  So, yeah, "female hound" made me laugh.  :D 

Future art idea yeah!  If I didn't suck so bad at things like even vaguely unusual poses, perspective or foreshortening, I'd try it myself...As it is, I have a half-finished "comic" of Wilson basically daring summer to "DO ITS WORST!" and then in the second panel, not only the bushes, but his _hair_ is smouldering as well.  However, said second panel doesn't exist yet...  (Apparently, for me, Don't Starve's summer appears to be kinda the equivalent of the jerky sitcom roommate who's _just_ eccentric enough to make you laugh.  But the Antlion can go...chase a beetlemouse.)

Last but not least, wait, wait.  If Wilson is looking down a...that's wider than like half his body...with a TORCH...

HOW BIG DID YOUR DAD THINK THIS WOMAN _WAS_?!  XD  (Or did he think Wilson was tiny...)  I mean, sure, the 50-Foot Woman is allowed to try to visit the doctor and keep all her parts healthy same as anybody else, but...

(dies laughing)

...Notorious

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. I haven't watched "Breaking Bad"?  But I do of course know the slang thing of emphasising the end of a sentence with "B*tch!"  (In fact, I did so on one of my own Steam screenshots...until I saw that it came out entirely as asterisks--and not even the right number.  So I changed it to "DAY 300, BEEYOTCH!"  : P)  So, yeah, "female hound" made me laugh.  :D 
  2. Future art idea yeah!  If I didn't suck so bad at things like even vaguely unusual poses, perspective or foreshortening, I'd try it myself...As it is, I have a half-finished "comic" of Wilson basically daring summer to "DO ITS WORST!" and then in the second panel, not only the bushes, but his _hair_ is smouldering as well.  However, said second panel doesn't exist yet...  (Apparently, for me, Don't Starve's summer appears to be kinda the equivalent of the jerky sitcom roommate who's _just_ eccentric enough to make you laugh.  But the Antlion can go...chase a beetlemouse.)
  3. Last but not least, wait, wait.  If Wilson is looking down a...that's wider than like half his body...with a TORCH...HOW BIG DID YOUR DAD THINK THIS WOMAN _WAS_?!  XD  (Or did he think Wilson was tiny...)  I mean, sure, the 50-Foot Woman is allowed to try to visit the doctor and keep all her parts healthy same as anybody else, but...
  1. I haven't watched the show but people use that gif out of context so I wanted to do a silly innocent crossover.
  2. Alright, I'll add that to the screencap cue.
  3. Naaah, my father knew what he was doing. Don't worry, he's silly like that.

Heheh.  Well, it's not as if _my_ family isn't full of snarky goofballs, so I can't say anything.  How did you think I _got_ this way, for example?  : P  (I also have the distinct fortune of being a rare nerd whose parents were ALSO nerds.  Rather than looking down at me and thinking I was "weird" for watching, say, Star Trek...my mom is the one who showed it to _me_!)

Oh, and in case you were curious:

Spoiler

summer.png

It's not terrible, but I kept messing up the shape of his hair so much on the second panel I was like "Aah, forget it, I'll come back to this later!"  And then kinda never did...

(The original isn't fuzzy-looking like that, in case you were wondering.  That's an artifact from shrinking it.  Also, this obviously isn't the final line-art, as the berry bush doesn't even have berries yet!  And oh, yeah...it's only Day 26 because spring start.  Hee.)

Anyway scribbly pictures YAY.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
stupid extra spaces. you go squish now!
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. Heheh.  Well, it's not as if _my_ family isn't full of snarky goofballs, so I can't say anything.  How did you think I _got_ this way, for example?  : P  (I also have the distinct fortune of being a rare nerd whose parents were ALSO nerds.  Rather than looking down at me and thinking I was "weird" for watching, say, Star Trek...my mom is the one who showed it to _me_!)
  2. Oh, and in case you were curious:It's not terrible, but I kept messing up the shape of his hair so much on the second panel I was like "Aah, forget it, I'll come back to this later!"  And then kinda never did...(The original isn't fuzzy-looking like that, in case you were wondering.  That's an artifact from shrinking it.  Also, this obviously isn't the final line-art, as the berry bush doesn't even have berries yet!  And oh, yeah...it's only Day 26 because spring start.  Hee.)
  Hide contents
  1. summer.png
  1. You're not alone. My parents did a lot of things for me that normal parents wouldn't, so the understanding is mutual. It's why my house is like a museum rather than a organized house.
  2. Alrighty, I'll get this printed out besides the art I did of your persona and that other thing about ice cream. Should I use your bee commander or robin for your DS persona?
7 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I can't stop thinking about cartman from south park

I watch south park, so yeah. :wilson_ecstatic:@DragonMage156 even mentioned that this drawing I did reminded her of Cartman:

catcoon wants pie.png

• Like 3

Probably Robin?  Although WOW, that outfit in summer... I mean, even in _normal_ summer, not the Don't Starve one. 

Tell ya what--whichever one you think would be the most fun to draw in this situation.  :)  (And...did you like my messy picture...?  I've hardly done Don't Starve fanart at all, so I haven't yet worked out my style with it.)   It's not done yet, though...and if this is gonna be a mix of both our artwork styles, this should be good and WEIRD looking.  : P  Also...if you're gonna do that, I should probably give you the unblurry original, huh...

...which I can't seem to do here.  Whoops.

And you meanie!  Give that kitty some pie!  I mean, I went around giving mine fruitcake all through the Winter's Feast season...which...is something your character doesn't even _want_ to eat but HEY, it's a sweet desserty thing and I didn't hog it all to myself, so there! 

(You wanna know the weirdest thing? My own cat, in real life, who has markings similar to a catcoon without the mask part, is a total sweet-tooth and his favourite sweet treat he's not supposed to eat?  PIE!  _And_ he'll even stand up and -tap!- you like that, sometimes, when he wants something.  It's INSANELY adorable.)

ANYway.

...Notorious

• Like 1