8 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

This really made my day. They all look awesome! And nice touch with the Aku mask.

Big thanks for you to show the side angle. I kind of cheated with the 1/3rd angle in the pose of the parade. It's kind of a non sequiter throwing Aku in but then again it's a Oriental event, so yeah.

8 hours ago, artistcrab said:

all the art is awesome i just love seeing them :D but Boy is the Queen of winter in for a good one XD

Yeah, it seemed like something epic to see the two monarchs meet. I can only imagine how their battle would be like.

6 hours ago, Donke60 said:
  1. There is no cake in don't starve other then desserts being cookies, ice cream and Twinkies 
  2. Also I don't know why but I thought if warly killed the kitties and animal people and ate them right in front of the family or someone was trying to hunt and eat them it would be really funny messup but funny. Nice one my favorite has to be the woodie one
  1. Yeah, not too happy with the lack of cake to work from but eh, it inspired me to make the ratatoullie piece after so the recipe mashup was worth it.
  2. You'll have to ask @mewthemew that. The hunchbeasts and merp belong to them. I just added them out of necessity. As for the Woodie piece, yeah, that's more messed up.:wilson_ecstatic:
6 hours ago, Donke60 said:
  1. Oh don't join those Moosie Goosie people bunch of slobs compared to the leadership of are geat wes Cult. there is nothing ever needed when you join the Wes cult, for you have nothing to lose   
  2. What the hell am I doing I don't know do any of you guys know what i'm doing?
  1. If that's the case, I'll just stay out of the warfare. :wilson_ecstatic: You two can have fun with your rivalries.
  2. Getting to know us. Nothin' bad about learnin'.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

1. You'll have to ask @mewthemew that. The hunchbeasts and merp belong to them. I just added them out of necessity.

War-war would never do that! i mean....maybe. no. probably. no, no >.> *heh would be a funny twist of events, tho...*  

Ivy and warly probably exchanged recipies at one point and made peace. in other news, i always niagined warly had a pet rabbit named "Stu" because...because...

"them". i'm a girl, remember? :p it's fine, though. people call me a guy so much, i got used to people calling me anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mewthemew said:
  1. Ivy and warly probably exchanged recipies at one point and made peace. in other news, i always niagined warly had a pet rabbit named "Stu" because...because...
  2. "them". i'm a girl, remember? :p it's fine, though. people call me a guy so much, i got used to people calling me anything.
  1. I wonder what the rabbit would look like...
  2. Ah, okay. Gotcha. It's in my mental bank now.
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 8:44 AM, minespatch said:

queen of winter meets king of science.png

The king's Nuclear survivor skin just seemed perfect for a winter setting. Then my thoughts strayed thinking about another artist OC, Queen of Winter. Especially since I realized I needed to tweak my last attempt at her.

Now they both look dignified.:wilson_sneaky:

Omg I loved how they look like they are about to start talking but already ready to stab each other with with words too XD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, halfrose said:

Omg I loved how they look like they are about to start talking but already ready to stab each other with with words too XD

Suddenly I'm thinking of the webcomic Comicide.

Though that would be cool if shadow powers included actual words/letters to fight with.

Sorry for not tagging you.ariel crashes copy.png

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Acknowledged. Will be added to the first page in a few minutes. :wilson_wink:

Big thanks for the quick sketch check. I'll be sure to think of you as Ryuko for your persona in the future.:wilson_goodjob:

Ahhhh woah that's awesome!! :'D Thank you!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2017 at 2:46 PM, mewthemew said:

Picnic.pngGoGo.png

On 7/6/2016 at 2:48 PM, mewthemew said:

@minespatch I couldn't figure out how to draw a tea-party, so how about a picnic in the caves with the two creaturemen (and Merp) instead?

HNI_0043.JPG

disrupting a midnight picnic.png

I didn't get to do too many reply sketches but I managed to get this one done today. I really wanted to get the Wiggis and Waargh playable portraits and busts done but that'll have to be for next week.

Skeledork messes with one of the bunnymen to Ivy's petrified horror. Actually, the whole neighborhood in the savannah seems shook up. Instead of the dull circle, I'm going to the use the time console from now on since that's more Don't Starve than a round crusty ball. 

beefalo bill on the hunt.png

Beefalo Bill hunts for players. I wanted to do a piece with grass geckos and thought the piece would be more dynamic with my grass monster for camoflauge. I won't be using him much but if I can find a place to put him in, grass related piece would fit.

woodie and buzz.png

I blame my father with inspiring this one to me. ariel ID face.png

So yeah, the "X, X everywhere"/"Delicious hot Schmozzz" Meme. It's there, I'm done. Wasn't a request from my father but my father intercepted the thought into my head while discussing MAxwell and other stoof.

woodie log-sub.png

Was inspired by that one image of Woodie eating a log and thought that maybe Wilson should be confused by the logwich while on a graverobbing looting lunchbreak.

kittykit claw surprise.png

True story. Based by my Gizmo using her claw while I'm doing my usual internet stoof. Thought Wilson should share my pain. :wilson_ecstatic:

20170212p2- Maxwell on spiral hill.png

The second illustration for my new fanfic thread. It's been years since I did a Nightmare Before Christmas fanfiction but as for people who've been following the thread, I've been wanting to do a crossover with DS for a few months now. The reception to my drafts of the fiction has been positive, so it'll be a thread on it's own.

Towards the end of the first chapter, Jack finally meets the voice of the radio. It doesn't end well. Understatement but you'll find out when you read it.

20170212p1-Starver Stretching portraits.png

A really big request from my father. I've already done the Haunted Mansion stretching portraits in Don't Starve style but he wanted the portraits with the starvers. This will also be used in his fancomic, so yeah. I won't be using these frames for my usual sketch pieces but the combination of the painting canvas texture makes it work.

SAM_2133.JPGSAM_2171.JPG

Father and me worked on a new pigman house since just printing out the pigman house came out flimsy and too small. The new one is bigger but its still smaller than Wilson. Wilson also comes across a Schrodingers pigman house breaking out of the pigman house a la Aliens.

don'tstarvefatherdrawing.png

My father's attempt at drawing Wilson. To my surprise he did this in one stroke. Usually I use guidelines but he drew based on shape. He said Wilson's face looked like one of those drama masks of tragedy and comedy. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

disrupting a midnight picnic.png

I didn't get to do too many reply sketches but I managed to get this one done today. I really wanted to get the Wiggis and Waargh playable portraits and busts done but that'll have to be for next week.

Skeledork messes with one of the bunnymen to Ivy's petrified horror. Actually, the whole neighborhood in the savannah seems shook up. Instead of the dull circle, I'm going to the use the time console from now on since that's more Don't Starve than a round crusty ball. 

SAM_2133.JPGSAM_2171.JPG

Father and me worked on a new pigman house since just printing out the pigman house came out flimsy and too small. The new one is bigger but its still smaller than Wilson. Wilson also comes across a Schrodingers pigman house breaking out of the pigman house a la Aliens.

1. aw, cool! yeah, ivy would definetely be horrifed. the other bunnyman seems to be having a blast. he's your steed now. where are you gonna go?

2. how much do you want to bet a pig could still squeeze himself into both houses? i bet they're like a TARDIS that can't time travel. their houses are actually MANSIONS!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mewthemew said:
  1. 1. aw, cool! yeah, ivy would definetely be horrifed. the other bunnyman seems to be having a blast. he's your steed now. where are you gonna go?
  2. 2. how much do you want to bet a pig could still squeeze himself into both houses? i bet they're like a TARDIS that can't time travel. their houses are actually MANSIONS!
  1. We're goin' to NIGHTMARE LAND~! Though I wouldn't abuse power too much. I bet the bunnyman has a life.
  2. Ah man, now I want to do a triple crossover between Batman's Dr. Pyg, a pigman, and dr. who. :wilson_ecstatic:
Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

Just now, minespatch said:
  1. We're goin' to NIGHTMARE LAND~! Though I wouldn't abuse power too much. I bet the bunnyman has a life.
  2. Ah man, now I want to do a triple crossover between Batman's Dr. Pyg, a pigman, and dr. who. :wilson_ecstatic:

2. oh my god. yes! do it! that would be AMAZING!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 4:26 AM, minespatch said:

On 1/13/2017 at 2:46 PM, mewthemew said:

Waargh.pngWiggis.png

20170220-MEwthemews starvers.png

I'm relieved I got these done. Lil' later than I imagined but doing this was worth the effort. Now if I do more character sheets, I can learn from the progress version of this image. Just like my League rp profiles, I wanted the fire background to match the character theme than use a regular fire background.

On 2/3/2017 at 10:37 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Sad Maxwell.png

On 2/3/2017 at 10:43 PM, minespatch said:

Is Maxwell supposed to have the anatomy of Boris Badinov? :wilson_ecstatic:

Maxwell badanov and Charlie plot.png

This is the piece that came from my own pondering. :wilson_ecstatic: It was fun manipulating Charlie and Maxwell to match the spies but I didn't want to draw Rocky and Bullwinkle in DS style. Figured I draw them the way they were drawn.

kittykit sleepytime.png

Seeing the sleepy kittykit in that image made me want to do a pic of Wilson petting one during sleep. So yeah, something cute.

unused Wilson faces.pngBefore I inked it, I felt Wilson's long face was off but gave off as my over-traced versions just didn't match the off-model face.

On 2/18/2017 at 11:59 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

1487480359334836854180.jpgHooray for half-baked art because I put all my energy on something else!

Bob finds the bara village.png

Starting their search for Sniper, Bob comes across a massive Sausage party. Perhaps they'll help them out... If they can bargain first, that is.

On 2/14/2017 at 8:07 PM, JoeW said:

valenwes_sm.png

Valenwes strikes again.png

The silent cupid Valenwes chooses me as his next victim... With a lil' present to boot. I don't know how I'd feel if I had a beating heart like that in person.:wilson_ecstatic:

On 2/10/2017 at 0:28 PM, StarmanNess said:

yo can i give a major super awesome sick af shoutout to @minespatch because the weekends about to happen

On 2/10/2017 at 5:10 PM, minespatch said:

giphy.gifHave to skelemote this later.:wilson_ecstatic:

ariel oohhhing and eyyying.png

Yup, my next skelemoticon. Should've made this sooner but too much on my plate. Will probably use it whenever there's sassy forum-street rapping going on.

eyebrella stroll.png

To be honest, I like the design of the handheld version so I thought I'd do a tribute to both versions. Heck, I'm just a sucker for eyes anyways.

On 2/16/2017 at 9:03 PM, V2C said:

DSTupdate_heartoftheruins.png

Hey guys, this is our final preview poster for A New Reign Beta updates, Heart of the Ruins!

On 2/17/2017 at 1:24 AM, Zeklo said:

J8q4qLO.png

Anyway, observations:

• While remarkably similar to the Odd Skeleton the "bones" appear to be more rock-like
  • The horns are in fact different, perhaps curved as a side-effect to the shadow atrium
  • The chest area has a faint purple glow, presumably where the shadow atrium will lie
  • The main body is "shadow", shadows are important
  • The shadow hands on the poster have three fingers, unlike normal shadow hands, and in correlation to the creature's three fingered hands

I'd pick at it more but I need sleep. I'm starting to see more shadows than there really are o-o

20170222-Stalker in the ruins.png

Seeing a actual development with the Stalker made me want to do a tribute to the new form. Felt really spoiled when they showed the full form when usually the start menu silhuouettes aren't filled.

Toyed around with lighting and blue color palette similar to the official image of the original game. Usually I stick with paper texture like the trailers but this is more in line with the promotional images.

graveyard playtime.png

Like spoiled brats, Webber and Willow ignore Wilson's charity and focus on the graveyard gifts he gave them. Was mainly inspired by that a good half of the trinkets are toys, so I gave the trinkets a chance to be used as how they should be used.
Hm... Maybe the pigking is just a spoiled toy collector? Like a 90s cartoon interpretation of a fanboy in his thirties?

madotsuki threatens abigail.png

Watching Jordan Underneath's video on Yume Nikki and how Madotsuki just... Kills a ghost inspired this pic. This was pretty mean on my part.

So... Have some pieces based and requested from my father.:wilson_ecstatic:

father sketches a wilson.png

This is a collaboration with my father. He printed out my picture of Spiral Hill just so he could do this joke. I added our personas in with my flabberghasting.

Log lady rescuing her log.png

He wanted me to do a picture with Woodie and the Log Lady of Twin Peaks. Actually wanted to do a picture of her last year where she's with her log like a cat lady so I'm happy to get at least a finished piece done with her. I used the Funko pop version of her to get the look just right.

father inquires about my book.png

A actual conversation and a explanation to people. I'll just use this image from now on.:wilson_ecstatic:
Let me also explain that I don't hate Maxwell, he just creeps me out. His New Reign/DST form I can look at but... Stickman-MAxwell makes me go into "D O N O T W A N T" mode. Maybe it has to do with how well @Miss managed to write him in BloodEagles.

SAM_2191.JPGSAM_2194.JPG

Speaking of my reference book, here's what I've been putting together since this year. I pulled the images I glued in my reference book and now put the images I print out and finish from the library and glue them in.
It organizes things so I can quickly search through.

SAM_2180.JPG

Preview of a future DS-overlay project I want to do. This is our study in my house and I want to draw characters around in it. So yeah, something to look to. Love doing this digital collages.

SAM_2178.JPG

• Like 7

Stickman-MAxwell makes me go into "D O N O T W A N T" mode

SAM_2178.JPG

Nice rug,chair and walls:) derp why do I like the small things in people's houses

Edited by Donke60
finicky quote function when it comes to images
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Donke60 said:
  1. ....
  2. Nice rug,chair and walls:) derp why do I like the small things in people's houses
  1. What?:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. "Small things"...? The room is huge! Ohhh, okay, I get what you're saying.  Though thanks. :wilson_smile:My family used to be antique dealers so yeah.

I don't mean to do a @Raven Crow  but could you edit your second quote so it just features the room? I know I posted a lot of stuff but yeah. Hope that's not a lot to ask for.

Edited by minespatch

1 minute ago, Donke60 said:

I was speechless cause I don't see how you think NPC maxwell is creepy is it the chin? does it just pierce your soul :p

Nope. It's the stare. I have a problem with evil characters that stare. It's like the scene from Brave Little Toaster where the Radio mentions how he's "not used to so many smiles". One of my many ridiculous quirks.ariel crashes copy.png

Big thanks for editing your quote.

Nope. It's the stare. I have a problem with evil characters that stare. It's like the scene from Brave Little Toaster where the Radio mentions how he's "not used to so many smiles". One of my many ridiculous quirks.ariel crashes copy.png

Big thanks for editing your quote.

I find that really funny because when I was little till I was like 5 I couldn't physically blink so all I could do was stare at people I couldn't move my eyes to the left or right either I'm sure if I met you then you'd be shaken in your boots.

• Like 1