On 7/28/2016 at 8:36 AM, minespatch said:

wilson inspecting Wendys head.png

After getting my Wilson toy, my brow raised at Wendy's head having a rattling sound. Due to me not wanting to do a "how to basic youtube channel" on my wendy toy, I just decided to do a picture of Wilson doing a test on Wendy. My father wants me to do a picture of Maxwell doing something similar to another character with the character holding the door. This picture bothered him for some reason.

did she eat xylophones 

• Like 2

Say hello to my new Chester toy!

20160730p2-Here comes Otto von Chesterwald.png

A project that bit into my drawing time but was worth it in the end. It's made of: A styrofoam egg, pencil topping erasers, a balloon, beads, pipecleaners, and a lot of finely cut spanish moss. Cutting the moss was more time consuming than the sculpting. The pipecleaners actually made out to be a better back hinge than the picture hanger wire that my father told me to use.

On 7/18/2016 at 6:09 AM, rubidiumsart said:

some height headcanon i guess

these are scribbly and i only drawing em 4 bc im lazy 

heoghy.png

wendyconfused by abigails noface cosplay.pngI was immediately thinking of Noface by the design.

Kinda creepy but the idea made me chuckle.

On 7/18/2016 at 1:25 PM, Theinsanefruitloop said:

forbiden_by_fruitloop_chan-daakn9c.png

Forbidden Knowledge and Cosmo :'D

forbidden knowledge quiets down cosmo.pngMaybe this piece is too mean. Though I had to draw it anyways. |D;;;;

I think I was recalling the scene were Wilson ties up the mice(origin trailer) and Maxwell tying up the crows(cyclum comic) and applied to Cozmo. Not for sacrifice. Just due to Forbidden Knowledge being a jerk.

Bob and bobby reluctantly switch clothes.png@Quoth143's Bobby and Bob get their clothes switched. Johnny's pleased though.

ariel finds a assist tool.png

My father is trying to get rid of as much unneeded antique merch out of the house. Though a few things I'm keeping, one of them being a blue glass tearcatcher. I'm keeping it in my shirt pocket since it's so pretty and I could fill it with water if I hike in the future. 

If you seen my house, the nightmare fuel comment isn't far too off on how me and my father live.

20160730p1-What are they building in there.png

Another Tom Waits inspired piece. This time to the spoken poem "What's he building in there".

The only problem with this piece is that the in-between stages of this piece are just as good as the executed piece. So the red muted Maxwell's purple outfit. Charlie and Willow shouldn't be here but it's to do the whole mirroring personalities effect. Especially with the "light source" on both ends, with Wilson lit by the moon and Maxwell reflected by the shadows.

These mirroring motifs with the two are a theme I like returning to. Might be due to my influence to one of my favorite artists, Rosto.

And some more Chester shots.

SAM_1729.pngSAM_1730.pngSAM_1731.pngSAM_1732.pngSAM_1733.pngSAM_1734.png

SAM_1735.png

The gang ponder the futility of their short existences.

SAM_1736.png

My father's Count Chocula and friends castle. Target was selling their own monster cereal boxes last year and they had their own castle model you could build. Thought it'd be fun to have Wilson posing in front.

• Like 6

Due to working on my father's comic and playing catch up, I didn't get much of my own work done today. Hopefully I'll post more art related to myself tomorrow.

20160731-Klei presents walter kovacs.png

Wanted to do Walter Kovacs from Watchmen in a Don't Starve style. Even the iconic ink blot is his border and strands of the name ribbon. It's fun drawing these portraits of other IPs into Don't Starve Jeff Agala style.

SAM_1738.png

My antique tear catcher I mentioned yesterday. I'll just excuse Wilson of taking a Charles Dodgeson "Drink Me" wonderland potion for his size. :wilson_sneaky:

• Like 2

Got two requests from my father done today.

20160801-Wendy and webberoff to neverland.png

First request was Wilson chasing after Peter Pan and Wendy since he wanted to go too. I threw in a Webber due to him being another kiddo.

maxwell caught between a wilson and a hardplace.png

"Maxwell holding Woodlegs against a door". He didn't really appreciate the picture of Wilson shaking Wendy and wanted this. Took me a bit of willpower since Maxwell's design erks me.

woodlegs sketches.pngI thought I would've gotten this done on Saturday but I conked out and was too busy working on father's comic so I got the request done last night.

taco bell wolfgang.pngWolfgang is the next Taco Bell victim.

ariel broken smile.pngAnother skelemoticon based after these:

broken smile.pnggood for you i guess.jpgJust wanted to get these condensed so I can give off more of a extreme worrying.

potato cup confusion.pngFinally: "Potato cup confusion:

Seriously, no idea about the importance, but the forum likes to bring them up.

Big thanks to @Walter0 for adding that curl in the ponytail in his interpretation. Going to add that on to my persona now due to the consistant use of curls in the DS art style hairdos. Thanks man. :wilson_goodjob:

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 5

I'll post art tomorrow but this is kinda like a project me and father worked on a few days:

SAM_1741.png

He uncovered a antique frame. It's like a shadowbox so we got both sheets and the toy packaging in a display.

SAM_1743.png

Got it hanging next to my Tom Waits poster. Though due to a lot of moving around in the house, I'm pretty sure it won't stay long there.

• Like 3

arielcasual shrug.pngSkelemoticon of this: casual shrug.png

grade wilson under maxwell.png

I saw GradeAUnderA's pokemon video. The way he drew his persona as Ash made me want to redraw his video characters as Wilson and Maxwell. Da derps.

wilson gets on the smart ass throne.png

I was inspired while working on my father's comic. The mayor in our comic wears a toupee. How I keep drawing it makes me think of Maxwell's hair so I just wanted to be a smartass and make Wilson ask a horrible hilarious question.

basket of webbers.png

Father unearthed some antique postcards. Two pieces I post today are based on them. The first one is a basket of kittens. Such confused faces and short fluffyness made me want to redraw them as Webber. So I guess... A Don't Starve Together art?

20160803-Twins under the darklit night.png

This one was based after a German Christmas card. The red outfit and candle inspired me to draw the Guest of Honor Wendy. I should've made the colors cooler on retrospect since the paper texture changed the colors. Oh well.

• Like 5

Let me get the forum tributes out of the way first:

On 7/19/2016 at 1:29 AM, Gyths said:

Puts a whole new definition to Beet Stew

Beetsme.jpg

Beets me, anyways

thule island coojking.pngFine Thule island cooking.

Since I can't play the game yet, I have no idea what those winged potatos are, @Gyths. I threw in a "spoon 'n fork' combo to probably hint that Wilson made it.

On 6/23/2016 at 2:52 PM, KumisCavern said:

i have a request!

webber......... WITH PA NT S !!!!!!!

webber pantsed and proud.pngI wonder if this is technically stealing a request.

The idea sounded fun. Suddenly I'm hearing the score of Steamboat Willie in my head.

On 7/20/2016 at 1:11 PM, mewthemew said:

Ivy's playing cowboys with Merp while Donut is doing were-pig things.

ivy.pngHNI_0010.JPG

ivy combs wendy.pngSomething cute I needed to draw.

Ivy's fitting the mommy role so much. Thought I'd play around. I imagine the combing is Ivy's reward to Wendy for being such a good babysitter.

On 8/4/2016 at 9:50 PM, mewthemew said:
On 8/4/2016 at 9:47 PM, minespatch said:
On 8/4/2016 at 9:37 PM, mewthemew said:
On 8/4/2016 at 9:29 PM, minespatch said:
On 8/4/2016 at 9:26 PM, mewthemew said:
On 8/4/2016 at 9:16 PM, minespatch said:
On 8/4/2016 at 10:55 AM, mewthemew said:

Have a fairly large dump. uh...sorry for a lot of the drawings looking hastilly drawn, i was running out of ink and for now this was my only black pen >.>. i actually completely ran out of ink for the pen i was uising which is why zombie wes's hair is grey instead of black.

EDIT: i found another black pen, but it's running dry right out of the box (one of those fancy "anti gravity" pens >.>)...guess i'll have to use blue for now till i find another good black gel pen.

bataliskman.png

New character?

well, it WAS gonna be, but then my second thoughts about him came straight from waargh's mouth.

I'll draw the character. Looks interesting. What's Batboody's backstory?

Sounds like a cute concept. Continue pig civilization stoof. I got something horrible going with my persona and Wilson disapproving happening soon. You can check my idea out in my idea list on my first page on Apophenia art.

That sounds neat-o. couldn't find where on the first post, though. oh well! oh and i found your devvart finally and watched and left you a profile comment ^^

EDIT: about batalisk-dork, i dunno. it was kind of spur of the moment "what would batman look like in don't starve?" probably not like that :p you can totally have him.

Well, like with Donut and Ivy, I can draw them but bat-o-dork is completely your concept to begin with.

okey, but i peally wasn't going to do anything with him other than for the one picture. but now that i think about it, maybe waargh and dorky-bat could have a thing. not like shipping thing, but some sort of THING thing that things the thing thing. you now the thing i thing, minespatch?

batdork strikes.pngImmediately drew it when I was worried this character was going to be disposable.

With me, I feel every character has a use. Tweaked the design so the wings reached the thumb of the palms. Like a real chiroptera. Love the eyes, @mewthemew's detail of the line next to the huge pupil is really different. So I'm shocked this character was going to be tossed away.

another victim of pokemon go.pngThe chest emblem reminded me of a Woobat. |D.png

Can't go wrong with poke'-humor on this forum.

On 8/4/2016 at 11:04 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

Life Line page 1.pngMeanwhile...Life Line page 2.pngWhat's dat?

ariel da ghost neeeenja.png@Aileen-Rose's ghost designs in her redesigns look pretty cool.

Let me ruin the majesty. |D.png;;;;;;;;

On 7/20/2016 at 2:34 PM, JanH said:

shipwrecked_promo.jpg

It's official, Don't Starve Shipwrecked now has an official launch date! It will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 2nd, 2016.Click here to download the Don't Starve Shipwrecked Warly poster.

warly versus the crabbit clan.png

Poor Warly. Dealing with non-Maxx Crabbits. He just wants to make a decent meal.

20160805p1-Wilson before the cataclysm.png

Another piece inspired by the things my father is cleaning out. The photo actually is of a baby but after I scanned it, I smudged the baby out. Turned the blue ink into sepia tone.

More skelemoticons.

ariel evil smile.pngbased after this:evil smile.png

ariel sweats.pngWhile this one is:sweats.png

ariel ghost form.pngFinally... A Skelly-ghost. Yeah, no idea how my persona could be a ghost but maybe Wilton will get a ghost too.

20160805p2-Dont starve wilson badge.png

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

ivy combs wendy.pngSomething cute I needed to draw.

Ivy's fitting the mommy role so much. Thought I'd play around. I imagine the combing is Ivy's reward to Wendy for being such a good babysitter.

batdork strikes.pngImmediately drew it when I was worried this character was going to be disposable.

With me, I feel every character has a use. Tweaked the design so the wings reached the thumb of the palms. Like a real chiroptera. Love the eyes, @mewthemew's detail of the line next to the huge pupil is really different. So I'm shocked this character was going to be tossed away.

another victim of pokemon go.pngThe chest emblem reminded me of a Woobat. |D.png

Can't go wrong with poke'-humor on this forum.

20160805p2-Dont starve wilson badge.png

Daww ^-^ took me a second to realize that strip on Merp was a mouth and not a cool sunglasses visor thing with her eyes being eyebrows.

That design looks SO much better for bataliskman (And yes, I think i might use him more. but calling him bataliskman is a bit of a keyboard-full. I think Waargh might just call him bat-dork as a semi-friendly nickname). and nope. can't go wrong there. poke-humor is best humor.

I saw the end of your post with the picture of wilson with a torch and a maxwell ghost. did you draw that, or was that another person? if it's not you, tell them Maxxy wants revive NOW.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

I tried to make Merp smile, will definitely make the mouth more definite next time.

Batdork is easier to type, @mewthemew :wilson_ecstatic:

That's one of the convention badges I finished today. I need to finish many more.  I prematurely enered the post in before realizing I forgot to explain what that was. It's supposed to be a shadow. Wanted to describe the game since I plan on selling this at conventions.

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I tried to make Merp smile, will definitely make the mouth more definite next time.

Batdork is easier to type, @mewthemew :wilson_ecstatic:

That's one of the convention badges I finished today. I need to finish many more.  I prematurely enered the post in before realizing I forgot to explain what that was. It's supposed to be a shadow. Wanted to describe the game since I plan on selling this at conventions.

AAHHHH, i get it!

still. maxxy want revive. in a turn of events, i think i'll draw a picture based off of one of YOUR pictures.

• Like 1