Stuck after 2nd Gift box

4 hours ago, nome said:

Hi folks! There is indeed something up this week. We completely rewrote how the drops server works to enable us to do some new and exciting stuff with it. Sadly, it went out with a bug. Nobody lost any items, but some people's drop slots got filled up with items that don't exist. We'll be fixing this on Monday, everyone entitled to a gift from a mysterious shadowy entity or entities will be getting it. Really sorry for the inconvenience!

I doubt anyone feels Klei should be sorry. The items that do not exist sound intriguing, however (the obscure kid!Willow skin?). I suppose now people will wonder what those are - and if they will get them first since they have played and technically received the drop ticket.

If you are going to send out an update, however, will it bring more security to the trade inn please? It must not be abused. Also, when in the console god mode, skins ought not to drop. It should disencourage specimens not actually playing the game (if it happens outside a local server they host with one player slot, they also become obstacles for people who want to play).

6 hours ago, nome said:

Hi folks! There is indeed something up this week. We completely rewrote how the drops server works to enable us to do some new and exciting stuff with it. Sadly, it went out with a bug. Nobody lost any items, but some people's drop slots got filled up with items that don't exist. We'll be fixing this on Monday, everyone entitled to a gift from a mysterious shadowy entity or entities will be getting it. Really sorry for the inconvenience!

So after a year of getting commons im stuck on 3 drops so 4th should be something new (since is not dropping) that is not in the game yet and after you "fix" this on monday that obviously special drop will reset so i will get another common? Is this how it will be? Just curious .)

Also that rewrote of drops server will fix that new accounts are getting good (new elegant) drops in first few hours? Because right now market is full of CSGO players that get DST with 2 keys from DST players and have 10-20h in game (iddling of course) and selling those high tier items for those crazy prices. I started to make list of them and it is quiet big already. All of them have tons of CSGO hours and few in DST + of course high end drops (most "expensive")

Also will you fix so no one can use skins with console commands like happened with this shadow collection? .)

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

If you are going to send out an update, however, will it bring more security to the trade inn please? It must not be abused. Also, when in the console god mode, skins ought not to drop. It should disencourage specimens not actually playing the game (if it happens outside a local server they host with one player slot, they also become obstacles for people who want to play).

I'm not sure that trade inn abuse you are referring to.

Regarding skin dropping while in godmode, it's not so simple, see discussion in

particularly

and

I must've been one of those who had drop slots filled accidentally this week, 1st drop took what felt like forever, and then the second an even longer time compared to the usual 1-2 hours to get them leading me to believe I got what would've been drops #3 & 4 instead. Guess I'll see if anything changes on Monday/Tuesday.

17 hours ago, nome said:

It's really cool when devs answering so fast.

Guess I may be stuck as well. Played with 2 friends, and I got my 1st gift before them by a short time. One had got their 2nd for quite some time and the other actually got their 2nd and 3rd for some time to. And I still have 1 gift. But never know. 

• Developer
16 minutes ago, smallishbird said:

Is the bug that caused people's skin slots to be filled fixed yet?

Not just yet I'm afraid. @Diabu is hard at work on a fixup script. You shouldn't need to take any action when it eventually runs, you'll just suddenly get the drops you didn't get the first time around without the need to play any more. Not sure if we'll be able to make them do the fancy animation, they might just show up in your inventory without notice. We'll see what we can do.

14 minutes ago, nome said:

Not just yet I'm afraid. @Diabu is hard at work on a fixup script. You shouldn't need to take any action when it eventually runs, you'll just suddenly get the drops you didn't get the first time around without the need to play any more. Not sure if we'll be able to make them do the fancy animation, they might just show up in your inventory without notice. We'll see what we can do.

Can you guys give us a message here when its fixed? By the way thanks for looking into this bug so quickly and doing something about it.

Still no changes. Ah, no! The application itself crashes randomly for me without playing at all. I will just sit it out.

Will there be any notification of new items? I clearly hosted (actively, naturally) for longer than the estimated duration of four skins.

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Still no changes. Ah, no! The application itself crashes randomly for me without playing at all. I will just sit it out.

Will there be any notification of new items? I clearly hosted (actively, naturally) for longer than the estimated duration of four skins.

How about you try disabling the mods before blaming the devs?! Every update comes with a change, change that might be gamebreaking with mods. So check your mods first before blaming others.

1 minute ago, Ezek1el said:

How about you try disabling the mods before blaming the devs?! Every update comes with a change, change that might be gamebreaking with mods. So check your mods first before blaming others.

Mods don't cause skins to arrive late...

19 minutes ago, t0panka said:

So since Klei office is long closed now they weren't able to fix this issue in whole day??? OMG this must be serious! RIP our drops :/

@t0panka Hey fam

11 hours ago, nome said:

Now let them do their sweet dev magic~(ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚'☆,。

8 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Mods don't cause skins to arrive late...

Did you even bother to read it? Mods can cause game to crash. Learn to read. Nobody mentioned mods effecting skin-drops.

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Was there any mention of mods at all?

No, there wasn't. I have no idea when and why that person started being interested in me instead of the thread's subject. I only mentioned the update did not fix the drop issue. With mods, without mods... Whatever. I don't think there is any point in talking about me, let alone all this shouting I suddenly found myself subjected to, but who am I to decide that?

Note to self: time to learn the codes for smileys here. Particularly the whistling innocence one.

Back to the subject at hand... The fact the developers have not succeeded yet stands. Nobody blames them though. Why would we?

I do believe they are pulling (pulled) an all-nighter, if my sources/intuitions are right...

I believe @Diabu and @nome have been up past midnight... (don't ask how I think I know... I jokingly thought they were making more DST puzzles as to the reason why they were still active in the forums well past their bed times midnight their time)

Nome's a wizard as JoeW said...

10 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

I do believe they are pulling (pulled) an all-nighter, if my sources/intuitions are right...

I believe @Diabu and @nome have been up past midnight... (don't ask how I think I know... I jokingly thought they were making more DST puzzles as to the reason why they were still active in the forums well past their bed times midnight their time)

Nome's a wizard as JoeW said...

Well if they did, I hope they know that we appreciate their work to help with the skin drops(even if I don't care about the skin drops atm)

Anyways I hope they're in good health from all nighting, even if they didn't.

Edit: Is Nome an occultist? he did talk about having no soul, and if he a wizard/occultist then... please Nome don't tear apart my flesh. ;A;

Archived