Stuck after 2nd Gift box

Alright guys this again,
as mentioned in some previous topics Iam experiencing this bug too. I know how gifts work ingame 1st 15mins, 2nd 2Hours, 3rd 4Hours and the last 4th gift box about 10Hours of gametime. I played more than 8+ hours since I got my second box and to this moment I didnt recive any more. Is it a possible bug? Or did you, developers, chang the giftbox dropping behaviour?

Thanks for reading, and your time.

5 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

As far as I know, there is no "dropping time" set in stone, it's all pretty random. They just usually drop around those times, but not always,

Then again, I could be wrong here.

Go to the DST wiki. Its there. And remember, its my to be 3rd drop so 4hours of gametime, it could be like +- 1 or 2 hours. I played for more than 10 hours now. It should have been dropped already.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Ezek1el said:

Go to the DST wiki. Its there. And remember, its my to be 3rd drop so 4hours of gametime, it could be like +- 1 or 2 hours. I played for more than 10 hours now. It should have been dropped already.

I saw that in the wiki, but I've never seen the devs confirming that. I thought they were just putting the usual drop time there.

Again, they could've already said it somewhere and I missed it, but I don't think this is a bug. Just wait around some more and it should drop.

If it doesn't drop until Monday, make a post in the DST Bug Tracker about it, and add your client_log.txt to it.

2 minutes ago, MatheusR31 said:

I received my 1st drop after 1 hour playing and i already played for 10 hours and don't received the 2nd yet.

I read somewhere that it can take up to a week to get all the gifts.

I think we need a developers explanation for this, since it worked for me and my friends before (timed drops as written on DST wiki). It always dropped around those gametimes for each gift in a row.

This is the only week where I haven't gotten my fourth gift by Friday (even with leaving a char on in godmode while I slept twice).

It's odd, but it might just be bad luck? Can't say.

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

This is the only week where I haven't gotten my fourth gift by Friday (even with leaving a char on in godmode while I slept twice).

It's odd, but it might just be bad luck? Can't say.

See? This isnt a coincidence. Developers need to give us an explanation for this. Maybe since the last update something changed and we are yet to discover it.

Same thing is happening here.

I got 2 gifts and a third one simply won't drop. I left a server open with god mode overnight and during today's noon and yet nothing. I don't think they changed anything about the drop's behavior since I received my first two with a god mode character in an "alone" server.

6 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I already got my 3 drops, and I got them pretty fast actually, so I dunno what's going on (if anything is going on at all).

Then you should get your last one. You get 4 drops per week.

I actually noticed that the drop rate seemed a bit off this week.  Last week I got my drops in the consistent time frame I'm used to seeing ( 1st ~ 1hour, 2nd ~ 2-3hours, 3rd ~ 5hours).  I was playing yesterday and got my first gift ~1 hour after playing, but never saw my second drop even after playing for a total of ~8hours. 

Since the last update, no skins drop for me.

Whatever. I play for the game. I lured treeguards against a bearger and now have lots of good stuff. Anyway, you wanted to see if others have a similar issue after the update. I do. But look to the bright side. The game is not crashing :)!

Second drop always happened between day 7-15 for me. I'm on day 32 and still no sign of the second drop this week.

This entire secrecy from Klei is pathetic in my opinion. What happened with the old Klei? What's up with these really strange decisions lately?

8 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Since the last update, no skins drop for me.

Whatever. I play for the game. I lured treeguards against a bearger and now have lots of good stuff. Anyway, you wanted to see if others have a similar issue after the update. I do. But look to the bright side. The game is not crashing :)!

That reminds me.  My sister and I joined a server that was in the early days of the second Autumn.  Bearger was roaming around because the players on the server couldn't kill it, so my sister and I had to go gather resources to come prepared to kill him.  While roaming, I ended up running into Deerclops.  In the middle of Autumn.  The server had no mods on, so it wasn't a mod that made Deerclops spawn.  I assumed he was there because no one killed him during Winter, but I could've sworn Deerclops would despawn after Winter ended.  Anyway, my sister and I ended up luring Deerclops to Bearger and the two of them had a showdown.  Bearger died first, so my sister had to kill Deeclops afterwards.  We were in the server for less than 10 days and already had an eyebrella and hibernation vest xD

14 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

I actually stopped being a false idol (or an idle god, or whatever) and spent a couple hours on GC.  Still zip.  It was fun, though.

Ohhh, I just noticed, but congrats on getting a forum title~

• Developer

Hi folks! There is indeed something up this week. We completely rewrote how the drops server works to enable us to do some new and exciting stuff with it. Sadly, it went out with a bug. Nobody lost any items, but some people's drop slots got filled up with items that don't exist. We'll be fixing this on Monday, everyone entitled to a gift from a mysterious shadowy entity or entities will be getting it. Really sorry for the inconvenience!

21 minutes ago, nome said:

Hi folks! There is indeed something up this week. We completely rewrote how the drops server works to enable us to do some new and exciting stuff with it. Sadly, it went out with a bug. Nobody lost any items, but some people's drop slots got filled up with items that don't exist. We'll be fixing this on Monday, everyone entitled to a gift from a mysterious shadowy entity or entities will be getting it. Really sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks for answering :)

Archived