A few questions about world merging.

1. Will I only be able to choose with which save to merge if I travel from SW to RoG or it works both ways? Bcz I have two saves one with Wilson and one with Webber, would like to keep playing as Wilson, the problem is his save is year-old RoG world, will I be able to link this world with Webber's Shipwrecked world from Wilson side or my only option is to travel from SW world to Wilson's world as Webber??

2. What happen if I die in RoG and my only meat effigy in SW? Will this be game over or will I travel back to SW world's effigy? Will meat efiigys built by another character work for invader?

3. What happen if I enter portal and generate a new world, will another linked world remain the same?

And after all, is this feature bug free now? I've read many horrible things that happen during EA like deleting ALL your saves glitching birds skipping time etc. Is this all fixed now? Will chester or packim travel with me?

1. you can merge anything with anything. I can have a vanilla save from when vanilla came out and prsumably still be able to merge with SW. 

2. travel back to sw world/the world with the effigy/reviving thing.

3. This is the one good "lategame" I have to say about SW. Hopping in RoG resets everything but the SW main world, and in SW it resets everything other than the RoG mainworld. Wanna re-raid volcano and ruins over and over? Re-generate caves like no one's busina-ss? Do it.

It's not really bug free, but most crashes are gone I believe. backup saves just in case. 

And making chester/packim travel with you is a more complicated story.

Thank you for answers, however now I'm pretty sure I can't travel from my Wilson's RoG world to Webber's SW world, because it's not SW compatible as it was created year ago. In Wilson's world I don't have seaworthy under magic crafting tab, while when I create new SW compatible world and spawn shadow manipulator with console I can see seawporthy under magick tab.

So I think my only option is to link Wilson's world from Webber's SW side, which is a shame because I would've liked to keep playing as Wilson, not as Webber,  while retaining both existing worlds.

On 6.5.2016 at 1:54 PM, aitchzed said:

Thank you for answers, however now I'm pretty sure I can't travel from my Wilson's RoG world to Webber's SW world, because it's not SW compatible as it was created year ago. In Wilson's world I don't have seaworthy under magic crafting tab, while when I create new SW compatible world and spawn shadow manipulator with console I can see seawporthy under magick tab.

So I think my only option is to link Wilson's world from Webber's SW side, which is a shame because I would've liked to keep playing as Wilson, not as Webber,  while retaining both existing worlds.

I believe you can link to worlds who were made pre-seaworthy, if you do it via sw.

also sw character will replace rog one if they're different.

Archived