[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Spoiler

Dummkuf past is unknown he only remembers the momment he was possesed by the Demon. After those events he wanted to find answers, to know his past. How he went into the Abyss you may ask, He was in a bar in a town close by and he heard 2 people talking about a dungeon full of demons, so he decided to put the phrase "Fight fire with fire" to the Next Level.

Spoiler

Skillz in progress.

(Say hello to dummkuf, the summoner!)

Upon hearing "The walls will shift" Quentin hissed and tore out the map he had started to sketch and tossed it into his basin.

*suddenly skeletons*

Great, undead. Most of his premade concoctions would fail to do harm, so he'd just to stick to impairing them. After all, he had faith in his comrades abilities, and it was kind of their job to do the head bashing.

Quentin produced two small bottles from his sleeves and aimed to toss them towards two of the skeletons. Each one contained a fluid liquid until exposed to air. Then the substance would become extremely sticky.

"Now THIS I can get behind! Figuratively!" Hammerhead laughed at his own mocking joke as he armed one grenade after the other, and with four THUNK sounds as they were launched from his grenade launcher and sent a total of four grenades at the mass of skeletons. "HEADS UP!"

(Just to let you know, here's a description of Pundolf's apperence:

Actually, nobody knows what 'Pundolf' really looks like. All they know is that he wears a large dark blue cloak that goes to his ankles with a hood that obscures his face, a dark green top hat, a green handkerchief with some sort of strange dark green symbol on it, green gloves, green slippers, and apparently he is wearing green pajamas underneath the cloak. Nobody actually knows what he is, and nobody can seem to get the hood off him. Oh well. He's just a pun making wizard. Nothing that interesting could be underneath the hood.

Please note: No, putting a torch to his face doesn't let you see his face.)

(Okay, abilities!)

(Since he's a spellsword, I decided to give him 2 melee attacks, 3 magic attacks, and 1 support move.)

Melee -

Spoiler

All melee attacks have a 25% chance to slow an enemy whether or not it was a successful hit.

Cleave -
Hits up to 3 enemies at once, dealing a certain amount of damage split between each opponent.  For instance, 30 damage will deal 10 to each enemy, etc.

Execute -

Targets one specific enemy and deals a massive amount of damage.  That damage is increased by 25% if the enemy is frozen or stunned.  If he uses this attack, it is the only one he can use this turn.

Magic -

Spoiler

Ice Scream

Lets out a bloodchilling yell that chills ever non-boss enemy in the room for 2 turns.  He can only use this once an encounter.

Your Own Personal Flurry

Generates a snowstorm above a particular enemy for 3 turns.  If the enemy attempts to use a melee attack, they have a 50% chance of missing.  If they attempt a ranged attack, there's a 75% it will miss.  The cryomancer can only use this on one enemy at a time.  If it's on a boss, all the effects are decreased in chance by 25%.

Snowball with a Chunk of Ice Inside of It

The Cryobarian throws a Snowball with a Chunk of Ice Inside of It at the enemy of choice.  If it hits, it causes a massive explosion of ice which deals damage and freezes the enemy it hits.  Whether it hits the target successfully or not, it creates shrapnel which has a chance to hurt enemies near the impact point.

Support -

Spoiler

Snow Fort

Creates a Snow Fortress, which absorbs damage for any characters inside (3 max, including the Cyrobarian).  However, the characters  are unable to dodge while in the fort.  The fort lasts until destroyed by enemies.

(And now we wait for P.)

(Some abilities as well, just to let you know, these all have been accepted!

Freeze!: Target is engulfed in water, and then the water is frozen. Simple as that! Can't affect everything in the room though. That would probably affect his own teammates!

You've got to be Squidding me: He can summon tentacles from out of the ground to do, basically whatever he chooses. This can range from CRUSHING HIS FOES, to making a comfy moving chair. The lazy oaf.

Water you even doing with all this magic?: Our friend can control water in all forms, and even summon it out of thin air. Water vapor? check. Ice? Check. Regular Water? Nope. Check.

But alas, the warrior's fighting was all in vien: HE CAN CONTROL BLOOD. This can be used out of combat to get people across gaps, reach high places, and all that good stuff! But also it can be used to smash living things into walls over and over and over!

Ice work there!: He can make basically anything out of ice. Need a key? done. Need a weapon? done. Need a clock? Done. Need a tank? Well, nobody knows what tanks are, so I guess you're not getting one. Sorry.

Chill out!: Icecicles can shot at foes like darts, and can even impale them! How lovely!

Alright, SNOW more are left. Sorry for all these puns.)

59 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

(Some abilities as well, just to let you know, these all have been accepted!

Freeze!: Target is engulfed in water, and then the water is frozen. Simple as that! 

You've got to be Squidding me: He can summon tentacles from out of the ground to do, basically whatever he chooses. This can range from CRUSHING HIS FOES, to making a comfy moving chair. The lazy oaf.

Water you even doing with all this magic?: Our friend can control water in all forms, and even summon it out of thin air. Water vapor? check. Ice? Check. Regular Water? Nope. Check.

But alas, the warrior's fighting was all in vien: HE CAN CONTROL BLOOD. This can be used out of combat to get people across gaps, reach high places, and all that good stuff! But also it can be used to smash living things into walls over and over and over!

Ice work there!: He can make basically anything out of ice. Need a key? done. Need a weapon? done. Need a clock? Done. Need a tank? Well, nobody knows what tanks are, so I guess you're not getting one. Sorry.

Chill out!: Icecicles can shot at foes like darts, and can even impale them! How lovely!

Alright, SNOW more are left. Sorry for all these puns.)

The Cryobarian looks on in distaste for having his signature getting taken away.

(Poor @LiptonPee didn't get to take a turn yet. Oh well, what is she gonna do anyways, poison the dusty old bones? @Asparagus didn't act yet either)

At first baffled by the sheer amount of cursed bones raising, Pit finally manages to think clearly again. He prepares to fire a flareshot at the ground near Miles, to lead some attackers to the steamknight. (if I can't go on before next round, do that please)

(Yeah I guess that's the risk you run with so many people. Someone will have some timeconstrains and might not make it to a specific event.

Already thought that should I do this again you guys will be split into groups of maybe 4 and I ask everyone about their prefered time so instead of 1 big group we got smaller ones and everyone can be a bit more active during rooms.)

9 minutes ago, LiptonPee said:

(Sorry, I've been busy. Can you take control of my guy for me, @Mr.P?)

(Sure thing. But that means that I will determine a few skills for you if that's okay with you. Nothing groundbreaking just some acid melting the bones away just so it looks like Jasmine is doing something)

56 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

(Sure thing. But that means that I will determine a few skills for you if that's okay with you. Nothing groundbreaking just some acid melting the bones away just so it looks like Jasmine is doing something)

(That's fine. Thanks.)

Grell didn't feel the need to intervene... these puny creatures were of no threat at all and his companions were more than capable to handle them... he still remains silent... he was not needed as of yet...

A stray skeleton was trying to escape and didn't notice Grell on it's path... the sound of crushing bones was all that was heard on that end as his massive feet stomped on it like it was a bug...

(That's the lazy way out of it... I had to read so much and I ended up not O__O)

Myth didn't wait to see if any skeletons were felled by the blades, as he had a mite bit bigger problem. The skeleton looked human, probably an adventurer long lost to these halls. It swung a battle axe at his head, and Rosa was there to counter.

Time to start the dance.

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Hi, just wondering through here cos I was bored. Don't mind me *derp*)

(You sure you don't want to join in ^^. We still got more then enought spaces for extra adventurers

Anyway lets rattle some more bones shall we.)

The first onslaught of skeletons was quickly dispatched since they where not only from goblins but also unarmed.

Mythril quickly cuts through multiple skeletons his knifes singing a deadly song as they hiss through the air. Every hit was perfectly aimed and most skeletons ended up being cut in half.

Quentins potions quickly entangle 2 Orc skeletons that where moving behind the horde of goblins making them a nonissue for the other members of the group.

Every skeleton that came close to Miles got introduced to Tony and quickly flew through the room leaving only boneshards behind as they smashed into the walls.

Hammerheads grenades destroyed every single skeleton in the blast radius and only left a slight scent of charred bones behind.

Both Grell and Freeze (I will just refer to him as freeze if that's okay with you Battal) defend Rhi-Rhi who still plays his tune to further encourage the group.

Jasmin keeps herself mostly out of harms way but not without creating an acidic cloud what quickly vaporizes any skeleton foolish enought to target her.

As the numbers of skeletons shrinks a horrible roar can be heard. The trollskeleton slowly lumbers towards our heroes. It wasn't a big troll when he died only 3.5 meters tall but it still clutches his giant fist around an old and rusty mace ready to smash the skull of anyone who dares to get near him.

(And now you have an undead troll on your hand good luck)

"Perfect timing!", the tinker says before firing the special bullet. It hits the floor just a few inches away from Miles' foot, emitting numerous fugacious, yet bright sparks, accompanied by a metallic crack sound. "Go, Miles! Do the tank things! No, not the steam tank!"

(read Mena's post just below)

"In hindsight, maybe this wasn't a smart idea..." Pit tries to stay out of combat for now.

Steam whistled as Tony whizzed back and forth through the skeletons that foolishly threw themselves at the Steam Knight. Watching bones fly in a spray of dust and shards was satisfying and entertaining to be fair, but Miles was hardly having to put up any effort. To be honest, she was beginning to bore. Then her eyes met the reanimated troll, and she erupted with laughter. "Now that's more like it!" 

Steam and pistons sent her almost leaping as she charged straight towards the troll through the blinding sparks. The whistling and clanking created would have been comparable to a train's if anyone here knew what that was. She positioned her hammer at an angle with the head lowered, preparing to strike upwards as soon as she came close enough.

1 minute ago, MenaAthena said:

Steam whistled as Tony whizzed back and forth through the skeletons that foolishly threw themselves at the Steam Knight. Watching bones fly in a spray of dust and shards was satisfying and entertaining to be fair, but Miles was hardly having to put up any effort. To be honest, she was beginning to bore. Then her eyes met the reanimated troll, and she erupted with laughter. "Now that's more like it!" 

Steam and pistons sent her almost leaping as she charged straight towards the troll through the blinding sparks. The whistling and clanking created would have been comparable to a train's if anyone here knew what that was. She positioned her hammer at an angle with the head lowered, preparing to strike upwards as soon as she came close enough.

(are you god damn psychic? cause hot damn I had the exact same idea but for now I let the others do their thing first before doing the outcome)

(Im going to assume Renn's attacks worked too)

Renn hits a few more skeletons and when the troll skeleton was reanimated, he reassembles his blades into a bow. He then realises arrows won't really be efficient against bones...so he switches back to blades [losing his turn]

"Ooh! Ooh! MINE!" Myth began the steps for 'The music peters out.' He blinked, legs wrapping around the huge beast's ribcage, as it bucked. He twirled his swords, and prepared the finishing blow.

"Wait, Miles, WAITWAITWAITNONONONONO!"

Archived