[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

(Well finally we're back on track. Guess you all had something to take care of during the last week. Well I at least used that break to stock up on new ideas and tinker the general structure of the game. So basicly I now have a general Idea on how I want things to go down and how long I want to make the entire thing. Just saying Bonewerk (Nickname of the Golem) was the end of what I call section 1 of the dungeon. Dunno how many sections I do (currently I have 4 planned but might expand) and each section I mix up the rules a bit in terms of how the dungeon works. So last section we had just a normal death labyrinth but now I'm gonna do something more interesting and something that allows me to do more out there things stuff I couldn't do in a normal Dungeon local. So with some info stuff out of the way let me shatter some bones and crystal).

First half

Second half. Or better you guys know when I want this to be played.

As the flurry of grenades flies towards the golems core the magical barrier appears again. However after a few blasts hit it it shatters and a few more grenades hit the chest cavity damaging the core. The finishing blow however landed Renns arrow piercing the Golems core and shattering the crystal into all directions of the room.

Robbed of his powersource the golem slowly starts collapsing. Bone after bone his body crumbles until his innital farm was no more.

After the beast falls you suddenly hear a clapping sound.

As you turn around you see a man, no thing floating in the air behind you. His head was that of a raven, his hands more shaped like tallons and from his back sprouted 4 pairs of black featherd wings. The creature was clad in heavily ornated robes and in one of his tallons he held a rather weird looking staff. As he notices that he now got the attention of the entire group on him he raises his voice.

"I'm impressed I have to say. It's been a while since a group of adventurers was able to slay Bonewerk. Ohh well guess we now have to create a new crystal to rebuild him for the next group."

He looks over to the remains of the Golem.

"I suppose you want to get further into the dungeon huh? Well seems like you will not have an easy time with that for now. The next section of the Dungeon is only connected through portals and only the Master and us his loyal servants know how to open them"

He starts scratching his beak as if he thinks of something.

"Normally I wouldn't even tell you that but it appears that the Master has some well lets call it interest in your little group so I suppose helping you just a little bit might not be so bad"

After these words he raises his staff. Suddenly multiple shards of the shatterd crystal that sorround the golems remains start hovering in the air. After a quick snip with his staff the suddenly fly towards your group and firmly burrow themself into the back of everyones hands.

"That should do the trick. With these well gifts you should be able to use the portals just as we do. Although I can't guarantee that they will work most of the time. But for now this should at least allow you to continue your travels."

After these words the thing opens up a portal out of thin air himself. Before going through he looks back once more and talks again.

"You should also know that I did this because the Master told me to. I might not be as well blunt as our good friend the Black Knight but be warned that next when our paths cross we won't be on neutral ground anymore and I will use all my powers against you"

With those last few words he vanishes as does the portal.

After that you suddenly hear a scrapping sound and notice that one of the walls suddenly opens up into a new path. Seems like that the magic that bound the Golem to his form also prevented you from finding this passage.

(Pffew quite the beefer today but I feel good being back in buisness. No action yet but for that I make up by doing hopefully another post tommorow just to balance out the fact that we went one week without anything really happening. Anyway have a nice chat about what just happend and I will be tinkering on new and interesting ideas)

"Aaah..." The tinker wails, looking at the shiny splinter in his hand. The pain, however, comes from his legs, since the bone monstrosity dragged the chainclaw with it, forcing Pih-Dit to fall. At least the various gizmos of his boots saved him from greater injury.

"W-What just happened? Who was that?"

Having no idea whether the words they spoke were true, Quentin instinctively tightened his arms bracer cutting of its circulation. A gift from an enemy was a gift ill-received, and he wasn't about to just ignorantly accept it.  Though the crystal didn't seem like the kind of thing to just come off, so he jotted into his journal:

Could someone amputate my hand?

26 minutes ago, Mack18853 said:

(what is this and why was i not informed)

(Well you where kinda dead halfway through Mafia and as you see I started this whole thing like a month ago. Can't wait for everyone I suppose. BUT that doesn't mean someone can't participate I always can find means and ways to fannagle a new player into the game. Best bet is just writing me a PM with sone class preferences and I see what I can do. That or Skype/Steam/Discord some way or another I'm always reachable.)

Jordan examines the newly fashioned quartz on his hand and appreciates the beauty of the cut, but he quickly noticed how they all looked the same to the others, so he didn't even bother bragging about his new found accessory.

"These gemstones seem very important to moving forward in the dungeon I can feel their mystical energy emanating from them, perhaps we should hold onto them? I mean that crow did seem a bit sketchy" Jordan questioned.

(Yeah...I think I'm going to drop out of this...I don't mean to insult your storytelling, P - you're telling an interesting tale, and I'm still going to follow it; I just don't think this is my kind of thing.  I really can't think of any good responses or actions, and I've contributed about five posts so far.  So for the sake of not holding things up, I'm going to pull the plug.  Sorry :/)

55 minutes ago, Battal said:

(Yeah...I think I'm going to drop out of this...I don't mean to insult your storytelling, P - you're telling an interesting tale, and I'm still going to follow it; t don't think this is my kind of thing.  I really can't think of any good responses or actions, and I've contributed about five posts so far.  So for the sake of not holding things up, I'm going to pull the plug.  Sorry :/)

(No hard feelings pal. It's not for everyone I can understand that and if it's not for you then it's better to stop when you notice that you just can't do it. I however will say that I'm at least happy that you gave it a go. It's better to fail trying rather then never have tried in the first place.)

Miles gave a start as the shard that was intended for her flew in through an eye hole of her helmet, barely missing skewering her eye and clinking around the inside of the suit until it embedded itself in the back of her hand. Quickly, she removed the gauntlet off the offending hand and stared with a mixture of horror and repulsion at the no doubt magical gem now fused into her being. She turned her gaze to Quentin. "I'll chop off yours if you chop off mine."

"How are you going to swing Tony with only one hand?" The tinker giggles. Then he pulls a tiny round gyroscope of sorts out of his packsack and holds it against his shard. "Hm... it appears to emit something... maugre of outside effects... I can't tell whether it's harmless or not, but I can imagine it to actually activate those portals."

(so sorry for not replying, so let me make up a reason for them to not >.>". But would Aranea and Venator both have a shard?)

At the first blast Aranea was knocked back, hitting the wall and blacked out. Venator stood over by her protecting as the fight went on. Once it died he looked back at Aranea and kneeled next to her, seeing how she was.

3 minutes ago, Mezukie said:

(so sorry for not replying, so let me make up a reason for them to not >.>". But would Aranea and Venator both have a shard?)

(Yep basicly any living thing in the room got one from my good pal the Archfiend (I need to come up with a good name -.-' any suggestions?). Mostly just for plot)

"GAH! Woah! Hey now!" Hammerhead yelped as the shard inserted itself into the back of his hand, jumping slightly. "What... the hell." He scratched at it, wondering if he could possibly remove it or if it had any adverse effects.

(Here's a warning: I might not be very active around this time. Lots of stuff to be doing and all that.)

"AH!"

Renn holds his hand and looks at the shard

"W-what the heck...*sigh* I-I hope this will be worth something, at least."

He also checks for his burned arm. Nothing too serious, but his shirt was ruined in that point.

"Battal, could you give me some ice for this?"

Archived