Would you rather just buy skins you want?

Would you rather just buy skins you want?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather just buy skins you want?

• Yes (i just wanna look cool with my favorite character and be fancy with my friends)
    • No (it would ruin the market and make clothes lose their sentimental value!)
    • Maybe (explain below)
    • alternative (buy a box with random drops or your own alternative)

Yeah, now i know skins are just cosmetics and all, but they still look pretty cool and they are a part of this game,and for someone who constantly get common pants or gloves  getting one of those  cosmetics  sets you  actually want seems hopeless without endless hours of playing or buying them from the market at outrageous prices,

I personally wouldn't think the entire cosmetic set that is in don't starve together (depending on how much effort went into the actual work the developers had to do to implement them) should cost any more then 20% of the price of the game, so the prices are like that just for the rare value and dragging play time ,

ever since i heard of skins in don't starve together i didn't think klei would plan on create a market with them (maybe they said it somewhere), and now since its already here people  probably won't even agree for klei to put them for sale to buy for a normal price even if they wanted to, since it would ruin the current market ,

so here's my alternative (if it wasn't suggested before)

have some sort of box that you are able to buy that will have random drops, that way you can get a full outfit and that would be a more healthy thing for the market while giving players more chances to get the cool stuff, i personality would rather  just buy em all for like 3$, they look cool , sentimental value or not,  maybe even sell them separately for a dollar .

but what do you think?

11 minutes ago, or1239 said:

Yeah, now i know skins are just cosmetics and all, but they still look pretty cool and they are a part of this game,and for someone who constantly get common pants or gloves  getting one of those  cosmetics  sets you  actually want seems hopeless without endless hours of playing or buying them from the market at outrageous prices,

I personally wouldn't think the entire cosmetic set that is in don't starve together (depending on how much effort went into the actual work the developers had to do to implement them) should cost any more then 20% of the price of the game, so the prices are like that just for the rare value and dragging play time ,

ever since i heard of skins in don't starve together i didn't think klei would plan on create a market with them (maybe they said it somewhere), and now since its already here people  probably won't even agree for klei to put them for sale to buy for a normal price even if they wanted to, since it would ruin the current market ,

so here's my alternative (if it wasn't suggested before)

have some sort of box that you are able to buy that will have random drops, that way you can get a full outfit and that would be a more healthy thing for the market while giving players more chances to get the cool stuff, i personality would rather  just buy em all for like 3$, they look cool , sentimental value or not,  maybe even sell them separately for a dollar .

but what do you think?

I believe that their should be an ingame store with skins, so you can A. Support Devs. B. It would allow fairer purchasing and trading.

I personally like the ways its going now, however i'm sure they could implement a way to earn these "Item boxes" in game- without having to spend money, at least. 

If you had the option to purchase these, it would just be Supply Drops all over again...

I think that a klei-owned skin store would make DST more of a cosmetic store than a game. What they should do, if possible, is simply set limits on how skins in the market can be priced. That way, you can sell your tons of crappy skins and be able to still afford a cool new skin. This would also prevent like 200 dollar listings for new elegants.

Eh, I think they should just change the drop system, like people already suggested: Whenever you get something from common to spiffy, you get a little higher chance to drop something above spiffy and a little lower chance to drop something below elegant. Then when you drop something above spiffy, this drop rate resets. I mean, for ****'s sake, every week I get 3 commons and 1 classy. Three times only I got spiffy skins and one of them was repeated.

Then I check the market for something cool and prices for good stuff can range from 60 reais (brazil's currency) to over 400. OVER 400! I absolutely will not pay 60 bucks for a cosmetic skin and I believe the drop system AND the trade Inn should be rebalanced. 9 spiffy skins for a random Elegant is a bit too much.

25 minutes ago, Soto8969 said:

Is actually worst: 9 Spiffy gives you 1 distinguished and 9 Distinguisheds gives you 1 elegant T.T

OOH, YES! I meant Distinguished, not Elegant! And I think Distinguished is as far as you can go with Trade Inn, I don't think you can get Elegants from there

10 minutes ago, verm1ll1on said:

OOH, YES! I meant Distinguished, not Elegant! And I think Distinguished is as far as you can go with Trade Inn, I don't think you can get Elegants from there

No I'm pretty sure you can get elegants from the trade inn.

1 minute ago, LionelWinchester said:

you can't get more than spiffy from trade inn.

You can't even put Distinguished items in the box

I'm saying you can get elegants from the trade inn AS IN DROPS, I'm not saying you can reroll elegants.

3 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I'm saying you can get elegants from the trade inn AS IN DROPS, I'm not saying you can reroll elegants.

i don't get what you're saying.

Loyal > Elegant > Distinguished > Spiffy > Classy > Common

By "AS IN DROPS" do you mean drop from game or the Trade Inn Roll ? Because you can't even roll distinguished in Trade Inn, therefore its impossible to get Elegant in Trade Inn

7 minutes ago, LionelWinchester said:

i don't get what you're saying.

Loyal > Elegant > Distinguished > Spiffy > Classy > Common

By "AS IN DROPS" do you mean drop from game or the Trade Inn Roll ? Because you can't even roll distinguished in Trade Inn, therefore its impossible to get Elegant in Trade Inn

With every trade in done at the Trade Inn there is a small chance to get an elegant instead of the next tier up.

The thing about Don't Starve Together's market, all items on the market are brought in by players. They're not given a set price by Klei, you can't bring in more by buying them, every single marketable piece of clothing in Don't Starve is purely brought in by players. It certainly isn't a perfect system, with people selling items at ridiculous prices, but at least it means that things will naturally go down over time and not have a set price it has to stick to.

21 minutes ago, LionelWinchester said:

you can't get more than spiffy from trade inn.

You can put 9 Spiffy items for a Distinguished.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

With every trade in done at the Trade Inn there is a small chance to get an elegant instead of the next tier up.

Are you sure about this? Could you provide a source?

11 minutes ago, LionelWinchester said:

By "AS IN DROPS"

11 minutes ago, LionelWinchester said:

or the Trade Inn Roll ?

12 minutes ago, LionelWinchester said:

Because you can't even roll distinguished in Trade Inn,

I'm saying you have a chance of getting a elegant from SACRIFICING SPIFFIES! But more than likely you have a higher chance of getting a distinguished clothing piece. 

I would love to know your definition of "roll" 

About the Trade Inn:

You can go from one tier up to any of the other tiers.

When you trade 9 items, you are guaranteed to go up a single tier.

If you are lucky, you can go up 2 tiers. Very lucky, 3 tiers. Extremely lucky, 4 tiers.

This is why you can go from:

9 commons to 1 classy, to 1 spiffy, to 1 distinguished, to 1 elegant.

9 classy to 1 spiffy, 1 distinguished, 1 elegant.

9 spiffy to 1 distinguished, to 1 elegant.

I can confirm you myself that you can get 1 elegant from 9 classy items, since I got one this way.

Can also confirm the jump from common to spiffy.

@PeterA can confirm that he spent endless common lumberjack shirts to verify the functionality of 9 common to 1 elegant.

Archived