Can’t connect to Klei's servers anymore

• Developer
Just now, ChristopherRobin420 said:

lol ye it might be but still...I play Leauge of Legends and Riot (not that I like them very much) at least lets us the players know when the servers are going to be down and for what reason...

This likely wasn't expected.

Something must've gone wrong with the servers and that's why we have no info regarding what happened.

Just now, ChristopherRobin420 said:

lol ye it might be but still...I play Leauge of Legends and Riot (not that I like them very much) at least lets us the players know when the servers are going to be down and for what reason...

It's probably the unprecedented influx of players making accounts... plus, it's like morning for the devs... people making accounts at night or something... they just probably woke up and are now fixing the situation...

4 minutes ago, ChristopherRobin420 said:

Riot's staff dwarfs Klei's by orders of magnitude. People need to just chill out.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRobin420 said:

Klei Entertainment is a small studio and they're new to online gaming (as least I think so). I'd love to play myself, but I guess we have to be a bit patient. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, esp. when you're still a bit inexpierenced with something new. I'm sure they didn't crash the servers on purpose.

1 minute ago, Twizzie said:

Klei Entertainment is a small studio and they're new to online gaming (as least I think so). I'd love to play myself, but I guess we have to be a bit patient. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, esp. when you're still a bit inexpierenced with something new. I'm sure they didn't crash the servers on purpose.

That may be so, but they at least owe the players a working server status feature on the website, or an official post here about what's going on and how long it's gonna take. 

Klei runs on canada time, (I think Vancouver time) 6 AM right now. They probably haven't gotten to work just yet. I know they were pretty hyped about having steam cards, so maybe steam granted the that power and it crashed the klei server? thats about all I think apart from the mass influx of klei accounts. Chill out, Klei is a small indie company compared to Riot; They would have notified everyone if they knew this was gonna happen. 

Spoiler

FOR ONCE I AM FREE FROM PLAYING DST. that mad use of a semicolon tho.

Nightmare_Throne_ingame.png

Ye I totally understand and I am not mad at them or anything I was just really excited to play some DSt with my friends today and this kinda ruined it for me... But ye I understand that they arent nearly as big of a studio as Riot Games is and that everyone makes mistakes. I just hope they will learn something from it and grow as developers and as a studio. :)

20 minutes ago, barroomhero55 said:

That may be so, but they at least owe the players a working server status feature on the website, or an official post here about what's going on and how long it's gonna take. 

They have a server status page on their website, it just doesn't seem to work right now (it's not showing any information). 

Maybe the whole system behind the server crashed somehow.

1 minute ago, Twizzie said:

They have a server status page on their website, it just doesn't seem to work right now (it's not showing any information). 

Maybe the whole system behind the server crashed somehow.

klei servers down.jpg

(I'm still leaning to this theory O__O)

So sad :c I thought it was just me for ages especially since the status page doesn't exist. I've been playing this game non stop for days, now I have withdrawal. As its 2:45pm in the UK right now they surely should have fixed by now wherever the hell they are because I've been trying to get on for the last 7 hours. Pls fix Klei :ccc

12 minutes ago, tuddygubb said:

So sad :c I thought it was just me for ages especially since the status page doesn't exist. I've been playing this game non stop for days, now I have withdrawal. As its 2:45pm in the UK right now they surely should have fixed by now wherever the hell they are because I've been trying to get on for the last 7 hours. Pls fix Klei :ccc

They are in Vancouver - Canada. It's 7 am there, so they've probably been asleep for the last 7 hours. ;)

12 minutes ago, tuddygubb said:

EXACT LOL I've recently been dragged into PvP and gods the withdrawal is real lmao!!

Archived