[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss: Preperations

PhelsarusBeel

Next Adventurer  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall join the group next?

• Soto
    • T4T3R
    • Mezukie

I keep this first paragraph just because it's the only thing that isn't copied in the actual game thread

You enter a small room with what looks to be a stone table. Behind the table sits an man his face hidden behind the cowl of his cloak. As he sees you'r group aproaching he speaks up "So another group of fools enters these dreaded halls trying to find what is hidden deep within. Be warned adventurer that this dungeon is different then others you might have traveld before. The concepts of time and space are meaningless in halls as old magic created this place and still holds it together. If you think you got what it takes to find the legendary treasure proceed but be warned that no one who ever enterd these halls ever returned to the surface again. They are all now slaves of the fiend that controls this devious place" after that the man suddenly vanishes and only the table he sat on remains. With a sense of dread you'r group proceeds into the hallway on the other side of the room.

So since the game is now going on let me quickly smash in all the infos we got through the last few hours this includes mostly the class descriptions as well as the personal descriptions everone made recently

So for starters lets get all the classes in here

Gladiator:

Shaped on the bloodsoaked battlefields of the Arena this man knows how to fight and protect himself. Having survived hundreds of battles the Gladiator knows the in an outs of of close quarter combat but is also trained in the use of more exotic weapons. He came to the Abyss for one of two outcomes. Death or Glory.

Temporal Wizard:

Time. A meaningless concept for this man as he masterd the control of this fragile concept of the many centuries ago. In battle he trust in his time manipulation powers to slowdown the movement of enemys or increasing his own reflexes. Some even say that time heals all wounds. This might be false but it certaintly increases the healing of smaller wounds.

Steamknight:

The great cities in the North are know for creating technologie far beyond human immagination. This stoic knight clad in heavy platearmor came to the Abyss to show everyone that technology is certaintly mightier then magic. His arsenal consists of a mighty warhammer infused with the power of steamtechnology and a shotgun with different types of ammo.

Venommancer:

The great swamps breed a colorfull amount of wierd creatures but they also are the home of this mans art. Having no blood but instead boiling poison in his veins the Venommancer is able to create poisonous clouds to kill his prey slowly or melt their flesh away with a precise acid surge. If all of that fails he still has his trusty sword laced with the same poison that runs through him.

Cryobarian

The frozen wastes are the perfect breeding groud for some of the most ferocious warriors. The best of them are blessed by the goddes of ice allowing them to channel the element of their homeland through their bodies. Cryobarians are fearsome foes swinging a giant waraxe as well as possesing the ability to freeze foes or cause havok around them with a massive snowstorm.

Shadow Dancer:

The art of assasination has been improved over the years and creating a lot of different subcults. This man hiers from one of them that sees the act of fighting and killing like a beatiful dance between two partners with only one remaining once their dance is finished. Using 2 shortswords the Shadow Dancer is a fast and nimble opponent who prefers to kill his prey through death of a thousand cuts. Being an assasin also means that he's skilled in the art of not being seen meaning that suprise attacks are the best way he sees to start his deadly dance.

Alchemist:

Potions, tinktures and explosions are the bread and butter of this peculiar fellow. While not being a fighter per se the Alchemist knows how to protect himself using varying types of potions to either weaken those who oppose him or using his more unstable mixtures to blow them up. He also knows the art of mixing potions to help those who are in need be it an increase in strenght or the sealing of wounds. If he knows a recipe you can trust in his abilitys.

Tinker:

The great cities of the north are proud of their inventions and their advances in different fields of science. This man is nothing but a humble adept in the fields that the great Forgemaster created many years ago but that still means that he has knowledge of things most people have never heard of. In combat the Tinker trusts his selfmade Pistol that he upgraded with a variety of different gadgets to give it a big more punch. He also wields a bunch of gizmos with him allowing him to shape the field of battle to his likings.

Bombardier:

The art of creating explosions is a fickle one as it's just as dangerous to the user as it is to his enemys. The Bombardier masterd the art of creating highly explosive weapons years ago and urges to find "testsubjects". His pouches filled with bombs of different sizes and strenghts he also wields a makeshift grenade launcher to launch his "presents" in the ranks of his enemys. Should enemys get to close to him he still has the option of either using one of his smokebombs or going hand to hand with his enemys using a simple short sword.

Wizard of the Deep:

The world houses a lot of hotspots for magic but the great wizards never expected one to be in the deepest depths of the ocean. But that didn't prevent them from creating a magical city on it to harness the unique powers near it. This man comes from this city and his magic reflects this very well. Being able to create water out of thin air the Wizard of the Deep can crush his foes using heavily solidified water as well as being able to create tentacles out of thin air.

Bowblade

The bow might be a good weapon however in close quarters his wielder is rather defenseless. That's why the tinkmasters of the great citiys created this exotic weapon. At first glance it looks like an ordenary bow but with a quick twist this bow can be transformed into two blades ready to slice anyone into thin pieces.

These exotic bows where only given to the most skillfull of hunters and over the years these man became as swift and deadly as some of the most feared assasins. Using his marksmanship and his baldes the Bowblade is no foe to underestimate.

Harlekin of the Dancing God

Music was always a thing the gods favoured but no one love it as much as the one only know as the dancing god. Those favoured by him are granted magical lutes and sickles to bring both cheerfull laughter to friends and shift justice to foes.

In combat the Harlekin prefers to stand back and disrupt foes or help his allies with the power of hius magical lute by playing powerfull songs that can easily shift the tide of battle.

The Fruit Wizard

Some say that anything can be turned into a school of magic and this man shows that this is indeed the case. One may wonder how the ability to create fruits out of thin air is helpfull for any combat situation but this crafty wizard knows how to make good use of his skills.

Disruption foes through perfectly placed banana peels as well as high velocity melons, apples and other fruits he's also a great companion to have around should hunger strike the group.

(sorry for it being long but spoilertags hate me currently and the formating messes up completly)

4 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

During saferooms (aka rooms that had no event in it) you also have the option to acces a restingphase. During that phase you'r able to care for the wounded or prepare other boni for the next upcommong rooms (if anyone here played Darkest Dungeon immagine it like the Campfires in that game).

Do we get to use skills like Pep Talk and stuff? :D Are there limits to how we heal?

Just now, Asparagus said:

Are there limits to how we heal?

Basicly I will announce when injuries happen (at least severe ones) and specific classes got specific healing abilitys (like say a Cleric can channel holy magic for healing while a Druid uses salves and an Alchemists uses potions etc). However you only get a limited supply of those healing items so use them wisely.

And naaah Stress isn't a thing (yet) because for the first time i want to keep things a bit more simple (because I never tried something like this before myself).

Just now, Mr.P said:

2: After at least 3 Eventrooms I have to guarantee you guys a safezone

You mean "after at most 3 event-rooms you have to guarantee the adventurers a safe-zone"? Else that would make 0% sense. :p

I wish to sign up. A good game of D&D is always fun.

Just now, Mr.P said:

if you didn't get picked that doesn't mean you'r not playing I got plans for that to

Ohoho!

Just now, DwerBomb said:

Do we use our forums personas? (If so I'll give myself a different outfit for this)

I don't really expect much talking (except maybe some flavourtext during a restingphase) but otherwise nothing speaks against that.

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

do we pick our classes, or do you choose for us, cause I would like to a cleric, or wizard is fine. c:

I want to randomize it a bit however I do take into consideration if someone wants to be a specific class (although I only used the Cleric and such as a baseline i want to go a lil bit more out there with the classes but that's only once I'm done with most of the prepwork).

Just now, Mr.P said:

I want to randomize it a bit however I do take into consideration if someone wants to be a specific class (although I only used the Cleric and such as a baseline i want to go a lil bit more out there with the classes but that's only once I'm done with most of the prepwork).

Alright, I don't mind if you give me something I don't really mind, I'm still in! :D

It's probably gonna be better than a certain thread you might know of.

7 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

I sign up! I sign up!

Do we use our forums personas? (If so I'll give myself a different outfit for this)

I'm pretty sure a sarx onesie is enough armor needed to fight the undead, magical fiends, and the wicked.

8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Care to elaborate on this or is this meant to go unsaid?

I guess I should add I'd like to join. If I get picked I'd like to note that I do like myself some support roles (bard is a nice example. Applying buffs and debuffs n stuff).

9 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Care to elaborate on this or is this meant to go unsaid?

Naaah that would ruin the idea behind it. I guess it will be a bit more clear once the actual thread is up (cause I'm going to write a good chunck of BG story) but for now it's a secret.

Lil bit more flavourtext just to spice things up

As you stumble into a new room you notice an injured Adventurer on the floor. Your group quickly gathers around him trying to help him but you quickly notice that his wounds are to severe. Before the life fades out of him he speaks a few final words "Be carefull in these halls. This dungeon is a cruel bast**d and has a mind of his own. I saw the walls shifting and I also saw things I that just never made sense. One moment you'r in a crypt of some sorts and in the next you enter a lush green forest. *cough* must be the old magic that created this place. *cough* Well seems like I will never see the light of day again. If you ever make it back to the tavern tell the barman that the old Gil will never make it back." After these last words he coughs up some more blood before stoping to breath completly.

Before carrying on your group decides to gives this poor soul a proper resting place. After a few minutes you dug a shallow grave and placed his body insde before closing it again. After that you pack your equipment and carry on.

Maybe i reveal some of the classes next. Maybe you guys can try and guess who is going to be who ^^.

On 4/26/2016 at 8:50 AM, Mr.P said:

With a sense of dread you'r group proceeds into the hallway on the other side of the room.

3 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Before carrying on your group decides to gives this poor soul a proper resting place.

Are these sort of things going to be forced or are they just for an example? What if some people's character don't feel dread but feel excited to adventure? Etc.

Just now, Zeklo said:

Are these sort of things going to be forced or are they just for an example? What if some people's character don't feel dread but feel excited to adventure? Etc.

Certaint things I will force like burrying the dead adventurer (cause really man you'r going to be a d**k to a guy who just died infront of you?) but otherwise I'm going to keep this up to the actionphases.

Again currently this is just the prep thread so you guys get a feeling on what I'm going to do (and the way i like to set up things) as well as just getting people to participate the real thing will start probably on the weekend and then you guys get a lot more imput on the matter.

Archived