Arlesienne    8,982

@Selenne, this thread is marvellous.

On 28.04.2016 at 8:27 PM, Selenne said:

img_20160428_0001_by_aquaphantasma-da0ny

Something quick drawn while waiting for the servers to come back online lol

Not the cleanest sketch I guess. I'm also working on a digital drawing with Wendy (quite similar to this one but well, my creativity is equal to zero)

Quick? It's brilliant. I adore the fact you picked a realistic style for this. I don't see it that often when it comes to DS, a shame. I like the shading of her shoes very much as well as the gloves and the general gown and jacket design. Her expression is positively wicked. Abigail is ethereal as she ought to be, oh, and a shadow creature!

Can't help finding the last one cute.

One question, the flowing lines behind Wendy and (I think) in front of Abigail... Wendy's hair or Abigail tendrils?

On 26.04.2016 at 0:20 AM, Selenne said:

So, hi! I'm Sel, I draw things, I study game programming, I waste a lot of time and generally I'm not the most active person in the world (I mean.. don't be surprised if I'll never update this topic again. Or if I dissappear all of a sudden. It means that either I died, or I forgot about this place.)

To be honest it's a rare thing for me to finish a piece of art, so it's usually just sketches. Sometimes I draw art related to my experiences in DST (weird players me and my friend encountered, funny situations etc.) I also have a Don't Starve fan character called Wictoria, she's a red werehound. I run an ask blog with her since June 2013 (on hiatus now). Maybe I'll make a topic about her later, we'll see. Link: http://askwictoria.tumblr.com/

I'm not sure what else I can say so I'll just post some of my art.

tumblr_nrfsiufnJk1rj1gs3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nvpuWb7S1rj1gs3o1_1280.png

tumblr_o1zkk2LYxU1rj1gs3o1_1280.png

(^ this one is a long story)

And my character Wictoria, though I'm still not pleased with her design.

tumblr_n565i0rS051svwcy4o1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nr3e458X1A1s2nhgh_500.png

That's it for now. I'll upload some more later.

Thanks for your time! And if you're interested in me drawing something Don't Starve related, post your idea here and I'll consider drawing it for you!

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Wendy and Willow give me feels, and Willow being decidedly happier in the wilderness than Wilson is great.

On 30.04.2016 at 3:58 AM, Selenne said:

hjkgfgh_by_aquaphantasma-da0tkz1.jpg

ok its sloppy but iTS 4 AM i got inspired what can i do

im gonna draw something better i promise

Not sloppy. You come closer to the scribbly DS style like in the trailers, yet keep it more harmonious and realistic. I like it a lot. I'd love more Charlotte in your works!

On 2.05.2016 at 7:55 PM, Selenne said:

triumphant_by_aquaphantasma-da15vmz.jpg

Finally finished! I really like that skin ;-; I wish I had it

Oh yes... I wouldn't mess up with these twins.

(Bonus points for the general sense of fall and decay.)

On 11.10.2016 at 9:13 PM, Selenne said:

Inktober10.jpg

My Inktober prompt for yesterday was Arachnid so ofc Webber was my first choice.

(also ye I'm back to forums...)

WEBBER!!!

Adorable as always. @Fortie must see this. The shadows and the spider den are fantastic as well.

On 23.10.2016 at 11:22 PM, Selenne said:

Inktober11.jpg

another inktober drawing. this time it's just my character but i thought i'd share.

(similar theme to one of my earlier drawings with her. its kinda ironic that i revived the blog just to leave it for 300 years again)

I like this very much in spite of not being into anthropomorphic canines. For me, it's the rose and the shading of the ground which does it. I wouldn't mess up with Wictoria either :p.

• Like 2

Selenne    512
10 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

@Selenne, this thread is marvellous.

Quick? It's brilliant. I adore the fact you picked a realistic style for this. I don't see it that often when it comes to DS, a shame. I like the shading of her shoes very much as well as the gloves and the general gown and jacket design. Her expression is positively wicked. Abigail is ethereal as she ought to be, oh, and a shadow creature!

Can't help finding the last one cute.

One question, the flowing lines behind Wendy and (I think) in front of Abigail... Wendy's hair or Abigail tendrils?

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Wendy and Willow give me feels, and Willow being decidedly happier in the wilderness than Wilson is great.

Not sloppy. You come closer to the scribbly DS style like in the trailers, yet keep it more harmonious and realistic. I like it a lot. I'd love more Charlotte in your works!

Oh yes... I wouldn't mess up with these twins.

(Bonus points for the general sense of fall and decay.)

WEBBER!!!

Adorable as always. @Fortie must see this. The shadows and the spider den are fantastic as well.

I like this very much in spite of not being into anthropomorphic canines. For me, it's the rose and the shading of the ground which does it. I wouldn't mess up with Wictoria either :p.

omg such a long comment!! thank you!! i dont get much of those these days.

i overdid a bit that sketch of wendy, and there are both hair and abigail.. tendrils laughs. darker lines are hair, and those lighter, flowing lines are abigail.

i'm glad you like my artstyle ;v; i like the simplicity of ds style, but it's hard to get the proportions right, so i just experiment

to be honest, i dont like anthro much myself. my friend inspired me to make wictoria, and she is technically a werewolf/werehound, but i wanted to keep her simple so its easy and quick to draw her. and yeah she just looks like generic anthro

thank you for kind words!

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,982
2 hours ago, Selenne said:

omg such a long comment!! thank you!! i dont get much of those these days.

Oh, really? Are you not used to long comments? Well, mine isn't actually long. I only highlighted what I liked best.

i overdid a bit that sketch of wendy, and there are both hair and abigail.. tendrils laughs. darker lines are hair, and those lighter, flowing lines are abigail.

I don't think you overdid, but outdid it ;).

and yeah she just looks like generic anthro

I wouldn't say generic anthro... See, she has no oversized mammary glands, no blinding pink/purple/blue fur, no tattoos... and God bless you for that :p!

• Like 3

Selenne    512
1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

Oh, really? Are you not used to long comments? Well, mine isn't actually long. I only highlighted what I liked best.

yeah, I post my art online since mid 2009 and i get like 1-2 comments per drawing. if i get any at all i mean

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

I wouldn't say generic anthro... See, she has no oversized mammary glands, no blinding pink/purple/blue fur, no tattoos... and God bless you for that :p!

oHGOD

i would never do that to her, dont worry

• Like 2

minespatch    51,515
3 hours ago, Selenne said:

oHGOD i would never do that to her, dont worry

We must protect this sweet child.

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,982

yeah, I post my art online since mid 2009 and i get like 1-2 comments per drawing. if i get any at all i mean

oHGOD

i would never do that to her, dont worry

A pity, you deserve talking about your art (all artists want it after all). May I ask where do you post it? No exposure on DA?

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

We must protect this sweet child.

We do *nods sagely*.

• Like 2

GentlemanFridge    1,353

Man, you say you do things quickly and sloppy with some of these...

3 words: Oh. My. God. These are amazing, just... Wow.

Ok that's more than 3 words. But, sacred potato cups, why didn't you get this recognition before? I'm out of words...

Beautifull, just beautifull.

• Like 2

Net Spectre    899
11 hours ago, Selenne said:

Dear Starving Brethren, we must right this wrong and shower her in the likes and comments because this art is so brillant it gave me spots in my eyes.

12 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Hear, hear! 

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,982
4 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Ok that's more than 3 words. But, sacred potato cups, why didn't you get this recognition before? I'm out of words...

&

3 hours ago, Net Spectre said:

Dear Starving Brethren, we must right this wrong and shower her in the likes and comments because this art is so brillant it gave me spots in my eyes.

Hear, hear! 

Exactly! Likes are nice, but comments are key. Do people think only we writers need them? I say all should give @Selenne feedback!

• Like 3

Net Spectre    899
Just now, Arlesienne said:

Likes are nice, but comments are key. Do people think only we writers need them? I say all should give @Selenne feedback!

Yep. Likes can only be given once and are but faceless numbers. Comments are the true fuel that keeps the creator going and prevents them to falling to doubts, anxiety, self-critique and other nasty personal demons that make one getting stuck in the horrible limbo instead of writing or drawing.

• Like 3

Arlesienne    8,982
1 hour ago, Net Spectre said:

Yep. Likes can only be given once and are but faceless numbers. Comments are the true fuel that keeps the creator going and prevents them to falling to doubts, anxiety, self-critique and other nasty personal demons that make one getting stuck in the horrible limbo instead of writing or drawing.

You're right. Moreover, the exchange of thoughts is development fuel.

• Like 2

Selenne    512
9 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

A pity, you deserve talking about your art (all artists want it after all). May I ask where do you post it? No exposure on DA?

2 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

29 minutes ago, Net Spectre said:

Hear, hear! 

you're all so nice ;-; i don't know what to say.

yes i do post my art on deviantart, its the first place i actually started, buuut... it's a trash can right now. i made an art blog lately though. im gonna post my best art there; https://aquaphantasma.tumblr.com/

and thank you for the kind words ;-; it means a lot

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,982

you're all so nice ;-; i don't know what to say.

yes i do post my art on deviantart, its the first place i actually started, buuut... it's a trash can right now. i made an art blog lately though. im gonna post my best art there; https://aquaphantasma.tumblr.com/

and thank you for the kind words ;-; it means a lot

It's not flattery, trust me on that. And from many experiences of people watched, own watchers, friends, acquaintances etc. from DA who started Tumblr art accounts... you may want to rethink quitting DA. Tumblr, through the sheer fact of stronger anonymity, is quite a bit of savage lands. You can get garbage from "anons" and I don't think it's worth it.

Just drop me the link to your DA please so that I can watch you :D.

• Like 1

Selenne    512
3 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

It's not flattery, trust me on that. And from many experiences of people watched, own watchers, friends, acquaintances etc. from DA who started Tumblr art accounts... you may want to rethink quitting DA. Tumblr, through the sheer fact of stronger anonymity, is quite a bit of savage lands. You can get garbage from "anons" and I don't think it's worth it.

Just drop me the link to your DA please so that I can watch you :D.

nah, im not quitting da. i just made that artblog so i can post some of my better art there, to get more exposure since i didnt get that from da. but, well, as for now its not working either.

well. alright. hope you're prepared for this,, http://aquaphantasma.deviantart.com/

• Like 1

minespatch    51,515

This is awesome! As I've been having hound troubles, this is very cathartic to look at. Also kind of awesome seeing Woodie and Wigfrid working together. :wilson_smile:

• Like 1

Selenne    512

i totally forgot about forums im sorry ;_; thank you so much for the kind words though, i wasnt sure if anyone will like it

• Like 1