Sidestory Manor, or "Super Slumber Party"

Battal

The spiral staircase is very, very high, with at least 6 floors between its base and the ceiling.  The second floor is quite dark, as the only form of light are bioluminescent deep-sea creatures which slowly swim through the air.  The walls fade away into the endless dark blue murk of the ocean.  The stairwell has multiple walkways braching off it, leading deep into the abyss.

"I, uh, don't think you should just run off in a random directi - "

She was gone.

"Oh, crap."  Battal says, running after her.

The walkway leads to a ship being devoured by what looks like an enormous tentacled serpent with a turtle head.  Both the ship and the monster seem to be frozen in time.  It's comparable to that giant whale exhibit from another psychotic mansion*, albeit slightly more realistic since it's actually happening.

Spoiler

vu56hobmwj2qwscwodcx.jpg

I think going here while I was 4 gave me some slight psychological issues.

The more they look at the scene, the more it seems to escape from its temporal prison.  The walkway beneath them turns into stormy ocean waves, shimmering like a mirage at first but slowly becoming more opaque and real.  The tortured screaming of the innocent crew and passengers slowly starts up again, as does the frightening screeching of their deep-sea destroyer.

Battal stares at them in shock.  "T-this wasn't on the Craigslist posting."

(totally not getting paid every time I say Craigslist)

(Craigslist, btw)

*looks back at the serpent*

"Well you don't have to screech if you don't want us to climb you, how rude. Oh well, at least we can play in the water! Oh but don't go down ykw, you may.. Well you know, Actually maybe we should leave Mr. screecher and his friends alone since you may get hurt by the water,"

*Turns around and splashes some in the water before deciding where to go, completely ignoring the screeching and people being eaten.*

Archived