Invisible inc. Console Edition PS4 lag issue

Hello people, I bought invisible inc. Console edition for my ps4. Great game the only problem that I have is the 2nd difficulty setting has major lag issues that an update could fix. Can you fix that little problem, thanks. It happens when I try and move around and make any commands. As well as when I try to end my turn I have to push the button twice to end it and that is with the 1st 2 missions. The animations look fine, And I am playing using shalam and Banks with fusion hack item and parasite hack item. Now when use parasite it lags all the time and like I said using commands and end turns lag badly I have to push the button twice to end my turn. Not sure if this combo is at fault or not but I thought I'd get into detail so the devolopers can figure it out and fix it through an update on my PS4, not sure how that works. Thanks for reading this I hope this helps.

I've noticed lag too. My personal, anecdotal experience as a person with no game-dev experience (take it as you will): the lag increases the longer that I play the game uninterruptedly. When I reboot the game (save/quit, return to the PS4 home screen, restart and select my save) it goes away. Not sure if merely quitting to the main menu of the game resolves it too. 

Edit: I've experienced this issue at ALL difficulty settings. Unsurprisingly, the lag accumulates at a faster rate the more activity is occurring in the level—so it becomes more noticeable earlier on higher difficulties that include more variables per level. But I've had it occur on the beginner difficulty. 

Edit 2: Since I'll have no other opportunity of saying this to any developer reading the forum, your game is a TREASURE and I love it. Keep up the fabulous work.

Yeah, I've had lag too. Agents will freeze for a second while running, the animations jerk. mrdpcohen is right; it does increase the more you play. When you first start it isn't that bad, but then it gets way worse. I actually rebuilt my database and did a complete format and re-install thinking my PS4 was the problem, but it didn't affect it at all. 

I really hope you guys fix this. I love this game so much. It's my new favorite game now. :D

Yes, I corroborate all that has been said. It's the longer you play it. At some point it gets ridiculously choppy and tedious, because the button presses don't always register and can lead to different screw-ups. Hope there's a serious patch on the way, as there are game-breaking glitches as well, beware my friends. See my post about it, it's pretty huge.

2 hours ago, BilderbergSlayer said:

Yes, I corroborate all that has been said. It's the longer you play it. At some point it gets ridiculously choppy and tedious, because the button presses don't always register and can lead to different screw-ups. Hope there's a serious patch on the way, as there are game-breaking glitches as well, beware my friends. See my post about it, it's pretty huge.

Yes—I've noticed your post. :( Worrisome. To clarify: is the whole game unplayable for you now (like, you can't even start new campaigns?), or just the file you were playing on? Did clearing your save data fix it?

Thankfully, the lag appears to be addressable. Rebooting the game isn't the MOST convenient thing, and ought to be patch-able (one hopes), but at least it's not game-breaking. 

Edit: According to the patch notes in this forum, the developers released a patch for the PC version earlier this month. So it appears they are still active with fixes.

2 hours ago, mrdpcohen said:

Yes—I've noticed your post. :( Worrisome. To clarify: is the whole game unplayable for you now (like, you can't even start new campaigns?), or just the file you were playing on? Did clearing your save data fix it?

Yeah, if you read my updates on the topic it gets really weird. I don't want to lose my Experienced save that was going so well... So I started a 2nd save file. For some reason the UI data is overlapping with the first save file. I could actually access the agent upgrade screen now, but through a different save file. I can start new campaigns all right, but they seem crippled by the "Singularity" if you will. They're all glitchy in different ways, very different from the 4 first games I played. There's always some UI somewhere that won't respond, some item I can't overlight, some ability that describes another character's, stuff like that. The core of the game is broken since it first glitched out. Something with the .lua file. My four agents  were over-packed as I teleported out. That's the only characteristic situation I can think of. 

Archived