How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

11 minutes ago, Tyzin said:

Heh, I was literally just looking at that. I'm unsure as to what the site is doing with the mouse coordinates.

They also have resources for a text box and submit buttons which don't seem to be fully implemented yet, but I'm hesitant to look further because that feels like cheating. xP

Would it happen to be similar to this page used in a previous puzzle?

It could mean down the road we'll have to input a code of some sort. And don't consider looking at the source cheating. They know we do that and have often hid stuff there, I don't think they would leave something in there that would spoil stuff.

9 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It's probably recording our pathetic attempts at seeing if clicking anything changes something.

What if Maxwell represent us and the Spider the puzzle and that's smoke represent all our fail clicks and the puzzle will only continue once Maxwell have failed enough attempt... maybe I'm going too far.

32 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

When clicking, it sets a value to a string (i.e. text) showing the coordinates. The value is not referenced anywhere else, but who knows, maybe something is being done with it somewhere else in the document.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the function called up anywhere else on the page. It's been quite a while so I could be wrong, but to me it looks like they have the functions in place to track but aren't actually using them yet (You'd see something along the lines of <div id="comic"> I would assume). I guessed it was prep for the next page update.

input_bkg.png
submit_Btn.png

Were the elements I'm not sure about. They look like they could be from anywhere, but they are specifically in the files section for the cyclum site.

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

But why'd Klei want to know your Steam Account for that? Maybe the code will grow even larger.

All I can think about is Klei giving a Super Rare Skin to the one who would input the right thing in the textbox at a later date... I mean come on... steam account and text boxes! O__O

2 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

All I can think about is Klei giving a Super Rare Skin to the one who would input the right thing in the textbox at a later date... I mean come on... steam account and text boxes! O__O

I was thinking about giving like a code to the textbox after spending some time in the game, and that way you would unlock the last piece and maybe some rare gift

Just now, Monkeygh10 said:

I doubt webber is even in this world as when revived he goes to his own separate world and Maxwell would be in Wilsons world unless somebody else revived him.

That's the thing... it seems that everyone can already go to where everyone else is... by this point in DST, Wilson's portal has already been made... I kinda think that this time/instance/iteration, after Maxwell was freed, he was transported to a separate/alternate dimension/timeline where Wilson is already out of the Nightmare Throne (for some reason). Wendy and the others (as seen in the first DST video introducing it), we see Wilson already interacting with the other survivors... so I do believe that, based on Maxwell's reaction to the spider it encountered that for him, he was just freed, but looking at the single player version, he also doesn't have the powers of the puppeteer but he does come in with Nightmare Gear and and a purple gem leading me to believe that this is one of many iterations of Maxwell (and of other characters)...

12 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

one of many iterations of Maxwell (and of other characters)

Im not to sure about the whole multiple iterations. These characters were dragged from the real world and can interact under certain circumstances e.g saving webber. Wilson is also shown to be part insane when making the portal implying he had been freed from the throne thus making him go crazy.This portal probably allowed all the other characters (who were probably dead) into it. I dont see much reason to believe in multiple iterations 

15 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

dimension/timeline where Wilson is already out of the Nightmare Throne

I heavily doubt that Wilson is already out the throne during this comic. Yes Maxwell may have been sent to a different world which may be why he was so late to joining everyone else (im assuming you have to die to use the portal). However wilson wouldnt have been freed yet as Charlie would be the only possible candidate on the throne and she would most likely change maxwells world and torture him. However its implied that Wilson is still on the throne as you can go back and see him although I doubt canonically Maxwell actually did this however he may have.

20 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

ightmare Gear and and a purple gem

Thats probably for game play reasons he spawns with those

Wilson is also shown to be part insane when making the portal implying he had been freed from the throne thus making him go crazy.

I heavily doubt that Wilson is already out the throne during this comic.

Make up your mind O__O

7 minutes ago, Monkeygh10 said:

Wilson is also shown to be part insane when making the portal implying he had been freed from the throne thus making him go crazy.

Being insane after being released from the Nightmare Throne was not proven or stated as far as I know... you just die and turn to dust as it seems and you are then reborn into the world through the portal (Maxwell's portal in single player) as seen in single player when freeing Maxwell.

This portal probably allowed all the other characters (who were probably dead) into it. I dont see much reason to believe in multiple iterations 

But you see here's the thing, it seems they want to get freed ergo, the "Things" where you either get transported to another world or you don't and someone else goes there... it is a popular theory that they are indeed alive when they were dragged into the "The World". This explains why Abigail is a ghost and Wendy isn't... how Abigail can be summoned is an entirely different mystery in which even Maxwell, though his quote upon inspecting it, can't explain how.

1 minute ago, Monkeygh10 said:

These characters were dragged from the real world and can interact under certain circumstances e.g saving webber.

And there, we see Webber's "skull" i.e, dead. That means that Webber was buried, and by cause and effect, was living in, was in that world where you were in where you found his skull. But, upon getting the skull, you "unlock" him and he does not appear in front of you but rather appears in a different world where you play as him making him an iteration/reincarnation of himself.

11 minutes ago, Monkeygh10 said:

I heavily doubt that Wilson is already out the throne during this comic. Yes Maxwell may have been sent to a different world which may be why he was so late to joining everyone else (im assuming you have to die to use the portal). However wilson wouldnt have been freed yet as Charlie would be the only possible candidate on the throne and she would most likely change maxwells world and torture him. However its implied that Wilson is still on the throne as you can go back and see him although I doubt canonically Maxwell actually did this however he may have.

But see I believe that "They" didn't plan on Wilson making his portal and it resulted in altering the space-time boundaries of "Their" world... or rather, the world Maxwell made... if you know the game/anime Corpse Party... they are trapped in a dimension outside of time and space where different versions of themselves are present inside different pockets/versions of that world... only though a ritual involving the ghosts that maintain the spaces separate and stable (in my point "They" in Don't Starve) can the ones trapped in it go to the places where their friends are... and/or in other cases where their dead versions were where some other living friend is still in which I relate to as the portal Wilson made.

1 minute ago, Gavary_Henaii said:

"and so the cycle continues" and "new challenges will soon revealed" maybe the text at the end of adventure mode has something to do with all of this??

Hide contents

5cf02879b5f96a37fa0a9a5bfe20675c.png

Why does reading this again make me think they're going to put a puzzle clue at the end of single player adventure mode? O__O

Keep an eye on any updates being downloaded O__O

59 minutes ago, Drizzet_B said:

I was thinking about giving like a code to the textbox after spending some time in the game, and that way you would unlock the last piece and maybe some rare gift

Did you just time travel and had your post inserted between... in my notifications, it says your post was new... O__O

(claps)

Just now, Asparagus said:

Did you just time travel and had your post inserted between... in my notifications, it says your post was new... O__O

(claps)

you know... those dark time-traveling powers were quite tempting :>

9 minutes ago, RyanandLink said:

Aye, gonna keep that in mind!

Actually, does the Adventure Mode portal exist in DST? With like a console command? 

it does, but its just a copy of the singleplayer one, meaning it doesn't have network and won't work, and it has code that makes it despawn instantly after it is spawned.

2 hours ago, Tyzin said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing the function called up anywhere else on the page. It's been quite a while so I could be wrong, but to me it looks like they have the functions in place to track but aren't actually using them yet (You'd see something along the lines of <div id="comic"> I would assume). I guessed it was prep for the next page update.

input_bkg.png
submit_Btn.png

Were the elements I'm not sure about. They look like they could be from anywhere, but they are specifically in the files section for the cyclum site.

Where did you find that?

• Developer
18 minutes ago, RyanandLink said:

Actually, does the Adventure Mode portal exist in DST? With like a console command? 

6 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

it does, but its just a copy of the singleplayer one, meaning it doesn't have network and won't work, and it has code that makes it despawn instantly after it is spawned.

And it has its strings in the strings file, which I'm checking for maybe more Charlie...

3 hours ago, Tyzin said:

input_bkg.png
submit_Btn.png

Hmm I did find a submit button in the css but I assumed it was for the steam log in, seems like we'll be entering something and get something from it maybe?

Just now, Aquaterion said:

Hmm I did find a submit button in the css but I assumed it was for the steam log in, seems like we'll be entering something and get something from it maybe?

Where did you find the submit button and what is the "css"?

Archived