How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

All this makes me hope for a playable Charlie, but it kind of seems like they are beyond saving from those quotes.

Plus it's not like we can just play without Grue.

Not necessarily. 

I hear there's going to be a DST: Adventure mode, which might have something to do with saving Charlie, turning her into a playable character. 

Just now, Quoth143 said:

Not necessarily. 

I hear there's going to be a DST: Adventure mode, which might have something to do with saving Charlie, turning her into a playable character. 

Yeah I suppose. It just kind of seems to me like she has lost her humanity, but I'm probably just used to how throned Maxwell acts.

Just my opinion of course. It's still too early for me to make a sound decision... and well I want a playable Charlie too. =P

7 hours ago, Asparagus said:

GENERIC = "Hm? What a familiar presence."

The "Maxwell is Wendy and Abigail's uncle" thing is pretty much factual now.

7 hours ago, acemurdock said:

Not exactly, he could be making fun of Woodie. Or, they could have talked before, such as through the radio. Two inanimate talking objects... 

But like @Asparagus said, other players can hear Lucy talk as well, so I think the axe is indeed enchanted, somehow. As a magician, Maxwell could even be the one who initially gave Lucy to Woodie, and the curse might be the price that the avid Canadian lumberjack had to pay for an awesome unbreakable talking axe.

Anyway, in my opinion, Maxwell's genuinely talking to Lucy here. I think the three of them likely have a history prior to the events of the game. It's still just speculation, though, and I could be totally wrong.

6 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Yup...really angry. I like the fact that she has lines like this, it gives us more of an idea of her character. She's often portrayed as rather forgiving towards Maxwell due to their relationship from before but this kind of provides insight as to how she feels about him now. 

Same. Though wouldn't you be pissed if someone dragged you to this hellhole and you had no way out, ever since whatever year they got there on?

6 hours ago, SkylordElberich said:

Sorry to say this, but that ship's probably gonna sink like a log raft in a hurricane.

We'll see. We'll See. *cue the normal lay down, try not to cry, cry a lot joke*

4 hours ago, Flare2V said:

08a07bb177.jpg

Rezecib beat my by a few seconds.

I found this last night myself. I didn't even guess it was a part of this.

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

All this makes me hope for a playable Charlie, but it kind of seems like they are beyond saving from those quotes.

Plus it's not like we can just play without Grue.

Maybe grues are like the nightmare throne? When one goes, someone replaces him.

7 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

So far this is my prediction/interpretation on what is going on with what was found thus far:

1. Maxwell dragged everyone into the DS world with the hope one of them would succeed to free him while giving the impression they were his play things to the Shadow Creatures.
  2. Wilson found the portal, survived, and confronted Maxwell
  3. Wilson freed Maxwell out of pity, gets put on the throne,
  4. Maxwell is teleported into the wilderness (currently the assumed state of the Cyclum page)
  5. Charlie felt angered at Maxwell for tricking Wilson to swap places, and freed Wilson herself knowing she would be put on the throne
  6. Wilson is sent back with Maxwell, probably survive together, fight or something (possibly the context of that slap-fight between them in that other puzzle?)
  7. Charlie is now in control of the DS world, angered at Maxwell. The events of DST take place, she changes the world, creates (or improves) the portal, etc.

If Charlie is the one on the throne, and makes those responses to Maxwell's strings, it has to be assumed she still had a human conscious while being a monster, or something happened to make her normal.

All speculation at this point. It would appear we're going to get some questions answered in the next few days, which I'm excited for!

There is one thing that bother me with 7. We already know that the Jury-Rigged Portal was built by Wilson. But if Charlie replaced Wilson on the throne why did it took her so long to "improve" the portal? What was she doing between the time she was released, the time Wilson built the portal and the time it was improved?

I could see something like that :

1. Same
  2. Same
  3. Same
  4. Same
  5. Wilson spend some time on the throne, learn that there are other survivor, get freed by one of them and throw back into the wilderness.
  6. Wilson build the Jury-Rigged Portal (probably using some of his new knowledge from the throne) and start DST.
  7. Maxwell can't join the others because of Charlie preventing him to do so. After some time he finally manage to open the "portal" in Cyclum and join the others.
  8. Charlie is angry and decide to seize the throne to get revenge on Maxwell (she is probably insane due to her time as the grue), throwing whatever character was here at that time back into the Wilderness and starting the events we are now in.

Other possibility is that Charlie did replace Wilson on the throne shortly after and used its power to prevent Maxwell from escaping. Since her attention was focused on Maxwell it allowed Wilson to join the others (which the nightmare did not want to allow) and together they managed to pull Maxwell who is the key to escape Don't Starve. Doing so they make Charlie angry and she draw her attention back at them messing with the world.

8 minutes ago, Mantas said:

@kuirem does that mean Wilson broke the game rules and broke other Wilson's and numerous selves from other realities? It means "They" (not the characters) control the universe and space and time

Wasn't it confirmed though?

I mean, we do know Maxwell, with all of his might, was just a plaything for "Them". We also know they existed before the DS world.

I personally think:

Because Maxwell managed somehow to get released from the nightmare throne (maybe 'They' let him go?) means that there is no ruler, anyone to control the DST universe which means Charlie (The Grue) because she is the most dangerous of all the nightmare creatures took over the throne, she started making her own portal, she started sprouting roses all through the world. She is ready to take over DST and toy with us survivors. We might get a adventure portal to return to charlie and maybe... see her face? for the first time? we're probably gonna have to fight her because she will refuse to be freed.

36 minutes ago, Mantas said:

@kuirem does that mean Wilson broke the game rules and broke other Wilson's and numerous selves from other realities? It means "They" (not the characters) control the universe and space and time

The possibility of playing multiple Wilson is just for gameplay. Story wise it's just having the different characters together. But yes Wilson probably broke "They" rules since they probably wanted the survivors to be separated to prevent them from escaping.

Feeling like the isolation every survivor has a purpose, can it be that Maxwell gave them powers that can break reality or realities? Maybe the shadows trying to isolate all characters from different realities to not break the real one? Shadows maybe playing with them, but to keep them maybe away from figuring out how to escape? Character powers are too powerful for the real world, so shadows might had isolated them from evolving, getting stronger and become gods?

• Developer
3 hours ago, t0panka said:

So this is the end of puzzle? We got only 1/3 of that picture O.o

I was never fast enough/good at this but there should be something more to this right?

Yes, this isn't everything. Klei will keep updating the comic.

Archived