How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

1 minute ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Huh. That's really cool actually.

I always saw it closer to some sort of a game of chess.

Ignoring the obvious clockwork chess pieces(and the fact you have broken ones in the ruins, which are like a different "game") who are guarding maxwell(aka the king), the shadow creatures are the other player. When you get to Maxwell in the epilogue they lost. You freed him, and then became the new king. As Maxwell said, even a king is bound to the board.

I've thought about the whole chess thing too, though I never looked into it in-depth before.

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I tried to but I never got into chess so this is as deep in as I went. 

Well, if you wanted to complete the analogy- if Maxwell was the king bound by the board, that would make Charlie the all powerful queen...

New at this, but here's a couple of things I noticed:

- The sun in the first two panels is the same symbol that shows you the position of the portal in DST. This hints at him entering the world in the same fashion the other characters do.

- The Codex is showing an M in the first line of panels. He is still Maxwell. Thinks he has his powers and all that

- When he runs away in the last panel he holds the book upside down, it shows a W. Now he's Waxwell, stripped of his powers and afraid

This all just points to his transformation into a playable character for the first time. It's also mirrored in the way M/Waxwell is drawn. The first couple of pics focus on him, his face is in close up, he is angry and mighty. The last panel shows him as just another player at the mercy of the surrounding wilderness, it provides comic relief and brings Waxwell down to all the other characters he toyed with before.

I fear this is not gonna help with the puzzle, but I just love how much thought goes into designing these puzzles for us.

So I don't remember this happening to me before (maybe I clicked the wrong thing?) But I was trying to compare the Shadow font with Charlie's handwriting and wanted both options, and when I clicked on the link for the 8th puzzle, it just has curtains closing on me and the terrorbeak and Mr. Skits showing up and then "Intermission" hovering over it like a projector.

Just now, Ajosen said:

I'm guessing the next update to the cartoon will show Charlie falling through the same portal after Maxwell has run away. Maybe finding pages of the codex umbra that were dropped by Maxwell.

But Charlie's already the grue when this comic happens. This is post adventure mode.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

But Charlie's already the grue when this comic happens. This is post adventure mode.

I was thinking that this was taking place after Maxwell and Charlie had performed their final act due to there being a unique portal that we haven't seen before. This would make sense to me as Maxwell was trapped leading up to adventure mode. We don't know how he was trapped but we know how he was freed and he came out of Maxwell's door and not some portal in the sky. 

1 minute ago, Ajosen said:

I was thinking that this was taking place after Maxwell and Charlie had performed their final act due to there being a unique portal that we haven't seen before. This would make sense to me as Maxwell was trapped leading up to adventure mode. We don't know how he was trapped but we know how he was freed and he came out of Maxwell's door and not some portal in the sky. 

What is he is right?..

2 hours ago, Tainted-Petals said:

So I don't remember this happening to me before (maybe I clicked the wrong thing?) But I was trying to compare the Shadow font with Charlie's handwriting and wanted both options, and when I clicked on the link for the 8th puzzle, it just has curtains closing on me and the terrorbeak and Mr. Skits showing up and then "Intermission" hovering over it like a projector.

That's old. Very old. That puzzle, like this one, had images changing every day, so if you've just clicked the link, you'd have gotten whatever image was the latest; and that puzzle ended with an intermission. To access specific image, you need to enter the exact link to it.

Or you could just search the Wiki. (Here's Charlie's handwriting, by the way)

10 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

That's old. Very old. That puzzle, like this one, had images changing every day, so if you've just clicked the link, you'd have gotten whatever image was the latest; and that puzzle ended with an intermission. To access specific image, you need to enter the exact link to it.

Or you could just search the Wiki. (Here's Charlie's handwriting, by the way)

I was searching the wki, I said I wasn't sure if it was old or not, since I'd been on the puzzles a few weeks ago and couldn't remember that.  That's all.  I know how to use the wiki.

43 minutes ago, Tainted-Petals said:

I was searching the wki, I said I wasn't sure if it was old or not, since I'd been on the puzzles a few weeks ago and couldn't remember that.  That's all.  I know how to use the wiki.

I wasn't implying that you don't know how to use the Wiki. Sorry if it came off as antagonistic.

Damn, people asking the same questions without reading whole topic ;_;
Sometimes you can see the same question two or even three times in one page!

Topic:
Those fuzzy spiders look cool.
The art is more Don't Starve, not like Shipwrecked Launch Trailer (well, I like the art tho) which many user complained about.

Archived