How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

18 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

I pretty much think he DID cancel the attack, but because of all the **** that was after him

Cancel what attack though? He's just a mortal now like all the other characters, he wouldn't be able to attack from his hand in the first place like he might have when he was a demon.

Maxwell tried to use his magic to defend himself, but then realized he lost his magic and ran away.

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

Cancel what attack though? He's just a mortal now like all the other characters, he wouldn't be able to attack from his hand in the first place.

Maxwell tried to use his magic to defend himself, but then realized he lost his magic and ran away.

But his magic is only with the codex

You can even use the excuse of "this is not gameplay", But even in "The Lost Fragment" he needed the book to do the magic.

Eh.....yeah...I know, he couldn't be using any magic to cancel one

Just found a contradiction in my own thoughts :p

8 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

But his magic is only with the codex

You can even use the excuse of "this is not gameplay", But even in "The Lost Fragment" he needed the book to do the magic

It's implied the book gives him knowledge and lets him interact with the shadows. We know though the throne gives the person sitting on it powers, even immortality. Without the power of the throne though he has no influence on the world and can't naturally do magic. Even in-game during adventure mode, you see him teleport and such without the book.

If he was still immortal I don't think he'd be running away.

And in the lost fragment, he used a staff to summon the meteors. Not the book.

If you're talking about the last act video, he was simply pulling out shadows. Similar to how he pulls out shadows from the book to summon his shadow puppets in-game.

4 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

Yea there is also css for a "tracker_output" which would be where the text "test" is;

Reveal hidden contents

5b023952fe091f678f1fefe0b06c46c0.jpg

This page from a previous puzzle does a similar thing. So it looks like we'll be inputting another phrase again to move on to the next part of the puzzle, whenever the textbox properly appears.

6x4IzIW.png

Just now, spiderdian said:

Did you tried to put "Test" in the code or the input page?

there was coding to move the text, but there was no actual text or input, so I created my own 1 to see where it would go, so technically there is nothing there yet.

7 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It's implied the book gives him knowledge and lets him interact with the shadows. We know though the throne gives the person sitting on it powers, even immortality. Without the power of the throne though he has no influence on the world and can't naturally do magic. Even in-game during adventure mode, you see him teleport and such without the book.

If he was still immortal I don't think he'd be running away.

And in the lost fragment, he used a staff to summon the meteors. Not the book.

If you're talking about the last act video, he was simply pulling out shadows. Similar to how he pulls out shadows from the book to summon his shadow puppets in-game.

Though adventure mode Maxwell, save for epilogue, seems to be just an illusion or something by the shadow creatures. I'd really doubt someone like him will try to stop you from releasing him.

11 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Though adventure mode Maxwell, save for epilogue, seems to be just an illusion or something by the shadow creatures. I'd really doubt someone like him will try to stop you from releasing him.

In my interpretation of the lore, I see the Don't Starve world as a stage. Maxwell is the Puppet Master, the characters are his puppets, and the world is his stage. The Shadow Creatures watch human misery and death, and Maxwell is forced to bring people from his own world into the DS world to entertain the shadows, similar to how he pulled the shadows out of his book to entertain in his magic shows.

I had always seen adventure mode as Maxwell's trick to get someone to free him. It puts up a show for the shadow creatures, and Maxwell pretends he doesn't want people to succeed to put up an act, while secretly he wants them to free him.

That's always been my idea, based off the fact Maxwell calls the people he traps his puppets, how he describes the shadow creatures as a group of entities that "watch", and the possible coincidence that the world generation screen looks like a stage-setup. 

18 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

In my interpretation of the lore, I see the Don't Starve world as a stage. Maxwell is the Puppet Master, the characters are his puppets, and the world is his stage. The Shadow Creatures watch human misery and death, and Maxwell is forced to bring people from his own world into the DS world to entertain the shadows, similar to how he pulled the shadows out of his book to entertain in his magic shows.

I had always seen adventure mode as Maxwell's trick to get someone to free him. It puts up a show for the shadow creatures, and Maxwell pretends he doesn't want people to succeed to put up an act, while secretly he wants them to free him.

That's always been my idea, based off the fact Maxwell calls the people he traps his puppets, how he describes the shadow creatures as a group of entities that "watch", and the possible coincidence that the world generation screen looks like a stage-setup. 

Huh. That's really cool actually.

I always saw it closer to some sort of a game of chess.

Ignoring the obvious clockwork chess pieces(and the fact you have broken ones in the ruins, which are like a different "game") who are guarding maxwell(aka the king), the shadow creatures are the other player. When you get to Maxwell in the epilogue they lost. You freed him, and then became the new king. As Maxwell said, even a king is bound to the board.

Archived